The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

AC Milan have been linked to Carroll, today..... I was like :lolwut:

Then I read it was a talksport story... it then it made sense :tongue:
Reply 2301
Original post by Angry cucumber
AC Milan have been linked to Carroll, today..... I was like :lolwut:

Then I read it was a talksport story... it then it made sense :tongue:

The original story was a few days ago and actually came from AC Milan's chairman (I think) saying he admires Carroll and wouldn't mind him playing for them
Original post by Stirlo
The original story was a few days ago and actually came from AC Milan's chairman (I think) saying he admires Carroll and wouldn't mind him playing for them

Really.... wow, he's played decent of late, but being talked up by AC is a tad strange! :confused:

I thought talksport, were talking rubbish!!
Original post by Stirlo

It was from his son who has been acting as a transfer consultant to the club. There was also a story today from some guy (don't/cant remember who) saying that Carroll should leave to further develop himself as a player.
Reply 2304
Torres scored 2 goals against Ireland, a 1vs1 goal against Valdes, one against a 10 man Italy in the dying minutes and now suddenly he's back to being a decent player?

People have really short memories.
Reply 2305
Original post by Angry cucumber
Really.... wow, he's played decent of late, but being talked up by AC is a tad strange! :confused:

I thought talksport, were talking rubbish!!

AC probably want to get rid of Ibra because he's costing them too much in wages and they probably see Carroll as someone who could develop into a cheap version of Ibra?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Stirlo
AC probably want to get rid of Ibra because he's costing them too much in wages and they probably see Carroll as someone who could develop into a cheap version of Ibra?

Not sure if they want to replace Ibra just yet, but in the long term, probably.

Carroll + 10 million for Ibra? DEAL. Never mind the wages, seeing Suarez and Zlatan on the same team would be orgasmic.
Original post by facdroit

People have really short memories.

It seems like they do. One bad season doesn't make you a bad player.
Reply 2308
Annoys me when the '£100 million spent' **** is thrown about.

Original post by Xamanus
Only if they spend another 100 million

+£56m (Torres/Babel)
-£35m
-22m

Net spend January 2011 - £1m?

-£14m (Henderson)
-£18m (Downing)
-£6m (Enrique)
-£7m (Adam)
-£7m (Coates)
-£0m (Bellamy, Doni)

+£12m+ (Meireles)
+£4m (N'Gog)
+£1m (Mavinga)
+£1.5m (Konchesky)

Also Insua, Degen, El Zhar, Ince, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Ayala, Bruna, Kyrgiakos sold/released, saving loads on wages. Net spend about £35+ million.

Where's the £100m??
Bring in Gaston Ramirez, James Rodríguez, and Mohamed Diame. Sorted.
Original post by Jim-Jam
Annoys me when the '£100 million spent' **** is thrown about.

+£56m (Torres/Babel)
-£35m
-22m

Net spend January 2011 - £1m?

-£14m (Henderson)
-£18m (Downing)
-£6m (Enrique)
-£7m (Adam)
-£7m (Coates)
-£0m (Bellamy, Doni)

+£12m+ (Meireles)
+£4m (N'Gog)
+£1m (Mavinga)
+£1.5m (Konchesky)

Also Insua, Degen, El Zhar, Ince, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Ayala, Bruna, Kyrgiakos sold/released, saving loads on wages. Net spend about £35+ million.

Where's the £100m??

I agree that the media tends to brush over the fact that our net spend is nowhere near £100m, but the fact remains that we HAVE spent £100m on players and I think most would agree that the players brought in haven't (by and large) performed to the level their transfer fees would suggest they should.

To put it another way, I play guitar, and if I sold a load of my gear and bought some new stuff that turned out to be crap, the fact that my net spend was low isn't making me feel much better about the wasted money. Liverpool's situation is even worse since these players have now depreciated in value, making our losses even bigger.

We have to be honest with ourselves: we overspent on flavour of the month players who don't seem to be able to cut it at the level we want to be playing at. It's time to accept the errors, learn from them and make damn sure that it doesn't happen again.
Original post by Stonebizzy
Bring in Gaston Ramirez, James Rodríguez, and Mohamed Diame. Sorted.

Bit difficult to get Diame seeing as he has already signed a deal at West Ham. James Rodriguuez is happy to stay at Porto and in any case would cost £30m+, which if reports are to believed is our summer budget.
Reply 2312
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-of-new-manchester-city-home-1133994

Do they have any other celebrity fans? Do they have no players to model the kits? Seem to forget that they're not in 1995. And the photoshop is shocking. One minute Kompany's 7' and Noel's 5' 6", next minute taller than him. Or they're just confusing as hell?! :frown:
Reply 2313
Original post by Jim-Jam
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pictures-of-new-manchester-city-home-1133994

Do they have any other celebrity fans? Do they have no players to model the kits? Seem to forget that they're not in 1995. And the photoshop is shocking. One minute Kompany's 7' and Noel's 5' 6", next minute taller than him. Or they're just confusing as hell?! :frown:

If their publicity got their kit advertised in an LFC thread, they're doing something right :tongue:
Reply 2314
Original post by Hopple
If their publicity got their kit advertised in an LFC thread, they're doing something right :tongue:

Only cos it's the hundredth time they've used a Gallagher brother to advertise a kit. :rolleyes:
Original post by Jim-Jam
Only cos it's the hundredth time they've used a Gallagher brother to advertise a kit. :rolleyes:

When your only other choice is

you can't blame them for using Noel all the time :tongue:
Reply 2316
Angelina Jolie is a Liverpool fan...why didn't we use her? :stomp:
Original post by kuks
Angelina Jolie is a Liverpool fan...why didn't we use her? :stomp:

If they haven't tried to get in touch with her, they should be fired.
Original post by DaveSmith99
It seems like they do. One bad season doesn't make you a bad player.

Torres has had 2 bad seasons.
Reply 2319
LFC games to be shown on Sky Sports:

August 26th, 4PM- Liverpool vs Man City
September 2nd, 1.30PM- Liverpool vs Arsenal
September 23rd, 1.30 PM- Liverpool vs Man Utd
October 27th, 12.45PM- Everton vs Liverpool
November 4th, 4PM- Liverpool vs Newcastle
November 11th, 4PM- Chelsea vs Liverpool
November 24th, 12.45PM- Swansea vs Liverpool

Not sure about what games BT have got yet but made up Sky have got our big 3 home games :smile:

Latest