The Student Room Group

Why isn't libertarianism more popular?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
But if you cancel debts, lenders will fail...

it wasnt quite as simple as cancelling the debt, but pretty much...half of the mortages were restructured and lessened
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
If you would consider voting libertarian, how could you ever vote for the green party in this country? They're not at all libertarian, really! Sure, some of their policies may have libertarian leanings - decriminalising cannabis, for example - but I don't think they've ever said they'd legalise cocaine or heroin. They want even higher taxes. They're not libertarians. They just want people that smoke weed to vote for them. They want to capture the lefty-student market that previously followed the LibDems.

Ok.

:zomg:
Reply 62
It's difficult to get people to stop being so dependent on government. So once people have these benefits it's difficult to convince them that they're better off without them.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 63
Original post by robin22391
the cash is made on a computer

So you just want to devalue the currency?

id prefer to have them all fail back then and then we can start over rather than keep a bubble going another few years and artificially keep this style of economy going only for it to fail later again.

if something is inefficient you shouldnt feed it money as it only makes matters worse

You can prevent disaster whilst simultaneously bringing in reform though. Allowing all out collapse would be insane! With all banks gone almost all businesses are in trouble too... the country could end up rationing food and power... we could descend into total anarchy! I think most people are willing to pay huge taxes as long as that is avoided.
Original post by nexttime
So you just want to devalue the currency?

You can prevent disaster whilst simultaneously bringing in reform though. Allowing all out collapse would be insane! With all banks gone almost all businesses are in trouble too... the country could end up rationing food and power... we could descend into total anarchy! I think most people are willing to pay huge taxes as long as that is avoided.

i honestly dont know what im talking about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending