The Student Room Group

UVM Kosice

Scroll to see replies

Hey all :smile:
Looking to go and have a look around UVM Kosice and explore the area sometime end of may/ june time.
Does anyone know if the uni would be prepared to show me (have they done this for anyone before) around or is the campus open so could I wander in and have a look from the outside?
Thanks guys!
XxxX
Reply 1701
Original post by crocmadchris
In addition there will be compulsory interviews for all applicants sometime around August.

Yikes! Ok, well here's hoping it's mostly a formality (I'm shocking when it comes to nerves!). I hope they haven't changed their views on work experience etc. it's hard enough getting enough hours at work to make up the funds in time :s-smilie:

I've STILL not got my application in, my doctors have been very slow off the mark getting my form signed, I got the "well we don't usually do this...." lark too :rolleyes: They said they may want to do a full medical and that would cost £125! How utterly crazy, all I need is a scribble and a stamp *huff*

How is everyone else doing?
Reply 1702
Original post by faith16120
Hey all :smile:
Looking to go and have a look around UVM Kosice and explore the area sometime end of may/ june time.
Does anyone know if the uni would be prepared to show me (have they done this for anyone before) around or is the campus open so could I wander in and have a look from the outside?
Thanks guys!
XxxX

If interviews are in August, could it be worth waiting until then? That said I'm sure people looked around in years past, have a brows through some of the 87 pages of this thread if you're feeling brave enough!! :tongue:
Original post by luinecu
Yikes! Ok, well here's hoping it's mostly a formality (I'm shocking when it comes to nerves!). I hope they haven't changed their views on work experience etc. it's hard enough getting enough hours at work to make up the funds in time :s-smilie:

I've STILL not got my application in, my doctors have been very slow off the mark getting my form signed, I got the "well we don't usually do this...." lark too :rolleyes: They said they may want to do a full medical and that would cost £125! How utterly crazy, all I need is a scribble and a stamp *huff*

How is everyone else doing?

Me either! The NHS is officially CRAP. My form has been with them for 3 weeks, and i rang them to find where it was and they said they couldnt continue cos i hadnt filled in my passport number - I'd only put the basic info on because its none of their business! So they faxed it to me to sign it and i discovered the doctor has literally written "There is nothing in her medical records to suggest she may be unsuitable" - SERIOUSLY?! £20 and a 3 week wait FOR THAT?! & its worded so weird, i'm worried they'll just see 'unsuitable' and be like NAAHHH.

& this is why we become vets and not doctors - doctors are useless :mad:
Original post by luinecu
If interviews are in August, could it be worth waiting until then? That said I'm sure people looked around in years past, have a brows through some of the 87 pages of this thread if you're feeling brave enough!! :tongue:

Haha :0 I have braved the read before.. gawd that did take a while but I couldn't remember that part!
I've booked for June 10th-13th so hopefully I'll be able to have a look even if it is from the outside!
I'm worried about them changing the admissions for the 4 year :/
I still have a year to go of my degree then I'll have to work for 2 years to save some money to go :frown:
My son is applying for the 6yr course and we went to have a look round the uni in the October half term break. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we were given a tour of all the facilities, we sent an e-mail saying when we would like to go and they gave us a specific date and time. Hope this helps.
They will usually show you round if you give them a heads up, or generally if you post here someone else may (I know some of the students last year were showing people around as well). I never actually bothered visiting though and just turned up to start last September.

My doctor basically wrote the same thing ("Chris has no medical conditions to stop him studying vet medicine") in my letter which was fine.

This year was the biggest English intake they had ever had so the logistics last September were interesting trying to find rooms big enough for the 27 people on the 4 year course :biggrin:

This year was the biggest English intake they had ever had so the logistics last September were interesting trying to find rooms big enough for the 27 people on the 4 year course :biggrin:

Ha, i remember reading about the uproar when people thought they had to share rooms!

So Chris, do you think the interview will be an ACTUAL interview? (if so, bit expensive to get people over there a couple of weeks before they're supposed to start, only to have to go back to come back, isn't it!?) or do you think they just mean the chat you all had to have with the vice-rector anyway? perhaps a little more formal?

You probably haven't a clue, but worth an ask, seeing as you'll be used to the slovak ways by now!
Original post by sarzbabe
Ha, i remember reading about the uproar when people thought they had to share rooms!

So Chris, do you think the interview will be an ACTUAL interview? (if so, bit expensive to get people over there a couple of weeks before they're supposed to start, only to have to go back to come back, isn't it!?) or do you think they just mean the chat you all had to have with the vice-rector anyway? perhaps a little more formal?

You probably haven't a clue, but worth an ask, seeing as you'll be used to the slovak ways by now!

Im pretty certain the interview will literally be a 10 minute chat with the vice rector. I would wear formal clothes, because we do that for exams anyway here, but i really wouldnt worry about it.
Original post by tigercallie
Im pretty certain the interview will literally be a 10 minute chat with the vice rector. I would wear formal clothes, because we do that for exams anyway here, but i really wouldnt worry about it.

Something that we will have to make a trip to slovakia especially for? or just one in intro week, after being accepted? I think its the thought of an actual pre-entry interview that is worrying us all!
Generally the thoughts at the moment are for those with degree's where the uni can confirm that you have the background for entry onto the 4 year course (Biovets/Animal Science etc) it will be a couple of days before the semester starts. From what I understood for those with other degree's (zoology/equine science etc) it will be end of August to discuss the best way to get you started.
Reply 1711
Generally the thoughts at the moment are for those with degree's where the uni can confirm that you have the background for entry onto the 4 year course (Biovets/Animal Science etc) it will be a couple of days before the semester starts. From what I understood for those with other degree's (zoology/equine science etc) it will be end of August to discuss the best way to get you started.

What's wrong with Zoology? :confused:
Reply 1712
Original post by p3bbl3z
What's wrong with Zoology? :confused:

Um, this.

Were you guessing, Chris, or is Zoology really not considered relevant enough?? I was sure there were other 4-year course UVM-ers with Zoology degrees.
Reply 1713
Original post by luinecu
Um, this.

Were you guessing, Chris, or is Zoology really not considered relevant enough?? I was sure there were other 4-year course UVM-ers with Zoology degrees.

I can understand irrelevant degrees like English not being considered.
Even animal specific such as equine science being open to debate.
Or... other animal degrees like behaviour, conservation etc.

But why Zoology? I've done anatomy and physiology, microbiology, immunology, genetics etc. Some of these in more detail than the vets I work with have!
Reply 1714
Original post by p3bbl3z
I can understand irrelevant degrees like English not being considered.
Even animal specific such as equine science being open to debate.
Or... other animal degrees like behaviour, conservation etc.

But why Zoology? I've done anatomy and physiology, microbiology, immunology, genetics etc. Some of these in more detail than the vets I work with have!

From the UVM Kosice website... "4-year degree post-BSc. programme for bachelors in agricultural, veterinary or biological sciences"

I think we're fine :s-smilie:

In other news..... I finally got my form back from my doctor! They only charged me £10 (original quote was £25-£125!! Eek!). CV is re-written, and uni certificates scanned in. Did anyone else email their application in?
Reply 1715
Original post by luinecu
From the UVM Kosice website... "4-year degree post-BSc. programme for bachelors in agricultural, veterinary or biological sciences"

I think we're fine :s-smilie:

In other news..... I finally got my form back from my doctor! They only charged me £10 (original quote was £25-£125!! Eek!). CV is re-written, and uni certificates scanned in. Did anyone else email their application in?

Ah good. I was starting to panic!!

I emailed my application in, not heard back yet though
Reply 1716
Original post by p3bbl3z
Ah good. I was starting to panic!!

I emailed my application in, not heard back yet though

Ooh! I just noticed you're in Wales too :biggrin: I live in Cardiff!

What was the list of stuff again? So far I have..

CV
Application Form / doctor's letter
References (just sticking them in anyway..)
50 Euro Fee (will probably attach the receipt too)

Did they want a letter/personal statement at all?
Reply 1717
Original post by luinecu
Ooh! I just noticed you're in Wales too :biggrin: I live in Cardiff!

What was the list of stuff again? So far I have..

CV
Application Form / doctor's letter
References (just sticking them in anyway..)
50 Euro Fee (will probably attach the receipt too)

Did they want a letter/personal statement at all?

I'm up North, near Chester. Just on the border really.

I sent:
Application form
CV
References
Personal Statement (from my UK application)
Photos
Student Transcripts from my degree (Not finished yet)
Reply 1718
Does anyone know the number I need to call to get through to admissions? Google translate isn't being overly helpful and the contact page is in Slovak! Just wanted to double check everything before I pay my fee and send everything off :smile:
well my doctors just got worse today, sent me a poorly-copied copy of my application form. JUST GIVE ME MY ORIGINAL ONE :frown:

Hopefully by the end of the week i might be getting somewhere!

ooh if you ring them would you please ask them the process for applicants (as in interview or not?) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending