The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Applied for Software Engineering had no offer yet :frown: Getting really impatient now has I have got 3 out of 5 offers and Hull is my top choice as it stands at the moment. I really hope they offer me a place soon.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
I have received an 'unofficial offer letter' from hull for American Studies (year abroad) ... however it isn't yet shown on UCAS Track, I rang the admissions yesterday and they said the offer still stands and that it may just take a while to show on UCAS track. I'm really worried that it might not be the same offer as it's taking so long - offer of DMM.

I've been to an open day and the university seems amazing, managed to speak to one of the students for American Studies and saw the admissions tutor for an unofficial interview - went well
Reply 22
applied on 14th November for 'German with Business' and still not been acknowledged. had 2/5 offers up to now but want one off hull!!
Reply 23
Original post by Philraw123
I have received an 'unofficial offer letter' from hull for American Studies (year abroad) ... however it isn't yet shown on UCAS Track, I rang the admissions yesterday and they said the offer still stands and that it may just take a while to show on UCAS track. I'm really worried that it might not be the same offer as it's taking so long - offer of DMM.

I've been to an open day and the university seems amazing, managed to speak to one of the students for American Studies and saw the admissions tutor for an unofficial interview - went well

I got a letter from Hull telling me they are offering me a place, but it took like a week to show up on UCAS.. so it might be the same for you, be patient :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by silver0
I got a letter from Hull telling me they are offering me a place, but it took like a week to show up on UCAS.. so it might be the same for you, be patient :smile:

I'll have waited a week by tommorrow, so hopefully it will appear on track soon enough - really hope so, as i'm getting worried!
What course did you apply for, is it your firm / insurance? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25

Same here, I applied for History as a single honour and American Studies and History as a joint and got a letter last Saturday and it still hasn't appeared on track, nor have I received information about the applicants day they said they would send XD I'm just hoping it's normal
Reply 26
I'll have waited a week by tommorrow, so hopefully it will appear on track soon enough - really hope so, as i'm getting worried!
What course did you apply for, is it your firm / insurance? :smile:

I was like that too, I seriously thought they made a mistake and not going to give me an offer, haha.
I applied for MChem Chemistry, and it will probably be my insurance, although I'm worried I'm not going to get the grades for my firm or insurance... :s-smilie:

what about you? what course did you apply for?
Reply 27
Flandalf, have you heard from them today? ... I still haven't

I applied to American studies (with year abroad) ... tho feeling a little better knowing that it's not just me who has waited for around a week, however this waiting isn't cool! D:
It's either going to be my firm, or insurance.. dependent upon my other offers

P.S. I have received an email about the applicant days and confirmed a place on that; are applicant days only sent to those with offers?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by flandalf
Same here, I applied for History as a single honour and American Studies and History as a joint and got a letter last Saturday and it still hasn't appeared on track, nor have I received information about the applicants day they said they would send XD I'm just hoping it's normal

History is wonderful here :smile:
Reply 29
Flandalf, have you heard from them today? ... I still haven't

I applied to American studies (with year abroad) ... tho feeling a little better knowing that it's not just me who has waited for around a week, however this waiting isn't cool! D:
It's either going to be my firm, or insurance.. dependent upon my other offers

P.S. I have received an email about the applicant days and confirmed a place on that; are applicant days only sent to those with offers?

I haven't heard from them today at all, I haven't received an email about applicants' day either D: which is weird, because I have my offers and they said they would get back to me about it :P ahh well, the wait goes on! I may receive it via letter like my offers though so it may take me longer :/

Original post by Samus2
History is wonderful here :smile:

So I have heard, and I really enjoyed the talks at the open day (: depending on my other offers I may have Hull in my top two
Reply 30
Original post by flandalf
I haven't heard from them today at all, I haven't received an email about applicants' day either D: which is weird, because I have my offers and they said they would get back to me about it :P ahh well, the wait goes on! I may receive it via letter like my offers though so it may take me longer :/

So I have heard, and I really enjoyed the talks at the open day (: depending on my other offers I may have Hull in my top two

I came through clearing so I literally had no idea about the course before I came but, there is SO much choice... I got to choose all my modules myself and the way I've chosen them - I've only got two exams in the entire year because I really hate exams. just avoid Class, Status and Culture :P...
they're a pretty safe insurance choice tbh! I know people who got onto the course (320 points/ABB) with 260 points(BCC) including myself
Reply 31
Got my offer for MPharmSci! :biggrin: Does anyone know what Chemistry is like at Hull?
Original post by Samus2
I came through clearing so I literally had no idea about the course before I came but, there is SO much choice... I got to choose all my modules myself and the way I've chosen them - I've only got two exams in the entire year because I really hate exams. just avoid Class, Status and Culture :P...
they're a pretty safe insurance choice tbh! I know people who got onto the course (320 points/ABB) with 260 points(BCC) including myself

This just discredits the uni and puts me off going. with all the social stigma around hull being bad this just tops it off, trouble is I'm finding a BBB university choice hard to find for chemistry.
Reply 33
Original post by callmenighthawk
This just discredits the uni and puts me off going. with all the social stigma around hull being bad this just tops it off, trouble is I'm finding a BBB university choice hard to find for chemistry.

How? Hull really isn't a bad university and the city itself isn't bad at all...
Original post by Samus2
How? Hull really isn't a bad university and the city itself isn't bad at all...

in comparison to reading, a nice vibrant city with a alright university, and doesn't let people in who miss their grade boundary by 5 grades.
Reply 35
with all the social stigma around hull being bad this just tops it off

:sigh: Hull, undeservedly, seems to have a reputation nationally for being the worst place you could possibly go to under any circumstances. It really isn't. Yes, there are some nasty estates, but I highly doubt you'd be going to them as a student, and while unemployment is high, the cost of living is low and nights out are cheap. It's hardly the cultural centre of the universe, but Hull's not the dump everyone makes it out to be, either.

(I don't go there, but I used to live nearby.)
Reply 36
in comparison to reading, a nice vibrant city with a alright university, and doesn't let people in who miss their grade boundary by 5 grades.

Have you actually visited the city?

When I came to Hull/found out I'd got in... I felt the exact same. Now I'm here I love it. The city is fantastic with some really fantastic architecture.... All the shops you could want and plenty to do.
Hull is a nice place that like anywhere - has some rough areas... But as somebody said - you wouldn't go into them.

Sounds like you need to get the stick out of your arse to be honest.
Don't come to hull if you hate the social stigma.
If you apply to hull, don't be a snob.

I couldn't imagine being anywhere else and the university itself is a good university.
Yeah i'm applying for commercial law. I was impressed by Hull to be honest, I always thought it was grim but it's actually really vibrant. I like the uni too.
What are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 39
Law

Quick Reply

Latest