The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Any other History applicants get a "we are currently considering your application" e-mail?

Also, maths and other subjects of whom NO-ONE has heard anything? :smile:

When I got this e-mail from King's I got an offer the day after, so......good luck guys! Fingers crossed for us all :tongue:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1001
Original post by dnumberwang

"Dear Dennis

We are writing to let you know that we are still considering your application. ................."

cheers bristol, that's so thoughtful of you

i got that too :/
Reply 1002
Bristol is such a tease sending that email..

I got all excited!
Original post by Chibelta
Any other History applicants get a "we are currently considering your application" e-mail?

Also, maths and other subjects of whom NO-ONE has heard anything? :smile:

When I got this e-mail from King's I got an offer the day after, so......good luck guys! Fingers crossed for us all :tongue:

Yeah I just got that email, I'm at the lower end of the grade boundary, AAB, so getting worried now :/
Username: rachbeanz
Course: Spanish BA
Other Unis you are considering: Exeter Bristol Cardiff Swansea Roheampton
Predicted grades: ABB (b in spanish)
Offers so far: cardiff bbb swansea bbb roehampton bbb

Just wondering if i have been too unrealistic, Will i probably not get an offer from Bristol? Their requirements are AAA-BBC i think but it seems only people will A*'s are getting offers. Maybe i could get in as a widening participation student?
Any advice appreciated
Got the "we are currently considering your application and we are planning on taking ages" email for Philosophy and Politics :frown:
"Dear Dennis

We are writing to let you know that we are still considering your application. ................."

cheers bristol, that's so thoughtful of you

I had this email today as well, does this mean we've done good so far?
Original post by gwenllian94
I had this email today as well, does this mean we've done good so far?

No I think it really means nothing. :/ It's just to point out they haven't forgotten about you. Everyone seems to have gotten this e-mail, it's an automated thing.
i didn't get one ^^ I doubt they 'forgot' me, however I didn't hear anything else neither ...
Thanks for the email. Not that it got my hopes up or anything. :cry:
Just got the e-mail AGAIN today. Anybody else have this? Or is my application just messed up? :'(
Reply 1011
I just got the 'we are still considering you' e-mail too but for Modern Languages. I'm not sure whether to be happy or offended because surely if they wanted me I would have got an offer. Great. I don't think I'm likely to get in seeing as the people I'm against are predicted A*'s and I'm 3 A's..
Original post by Chibelta
Just got the e-mail AGAIN today. Anybody else have this? Or is my application just messed up? :'(

Yes, happened to me too! The second time I saw them in my in inbox I got so excited, thinking this must be it! But no, sadly it seems they are just toying with us.
Original post by snagjaz
I just got the 'we are still considering you' e-mail too but for Modern Languages. I'm not sure whether to be happy or offended because surely if they wanted me I would have got an offer. Great. I don't think I'm likely to get in seeing as the people I'm against are predicted A*'s and I'm 3 A's..

Well think about it. There's no magic genuis involved in sorting out applications, they aren't all picked up at once and instantly compared. It is a one-by-one process, they aren't sorted out in order of quality.

For example, last year Bristol didn't hand out offers for English until March, this year they seem to have already been released. Every department works independently and each candidate is treated individually. These people are only human! :tongue:

And if 3 As are what they want for an offer then you are already in the "to be considered" box. Any grades higher than that are irrelevant, otherwise they would say the offer will have A*s.

STOP PANICKING. :redface:
same, i got the 'still considering you' email. recieved another one this morning, again at exactly 10.13. I really hope this isnt a recurring thing of emailing me every single morning to tell me something i already know !!!!

presume this is just a computer glitch???
Original post by o--taylor26
same, i got the 'still considering you' email. recieved another one this morning, again at exactly 10.13. I really hope this isnt a recurring thing of emailing me every single morning to tell me something i already know !!!!

presume this is just a computer glitch???

This happened to me too!
They sent it twice I think :tongue:
Very kind of you, Bristol.
Cheers Bristol. :facepalm:
I am a medic applicant and i received that email today twice as well, i had those mini heart attacks :frown:
Original post by user9
Congrats mate, would you mind me asking when you sent your UCAS application form? :smile:

2 weeks ago so there were very quick :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending