London

SOAS Applicants Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Got an email saying it could be as late as the end of July -_-

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
I know, I got that on Monday :frown:
If I was ever that 'efficient' at doing my job I'd be sacked in no time...
Reply 503

That's because we, the SU, encourage students to be very critical with the NSS, as it's one of the few things that management really listen to. It's working :wink:
Original post by JoeJBB
That's because we, the SU, encourage students to be very critical with the NSS, as it's one of the few things that management really listen to. It's working :wink:

lol
that explains it :tongue:
Reply 505
Anyone heard anything about the SOAS masters scholarships yet??
Nope :frown:

If anyone hears from them, please post here asap! :please:
I reckon it'll be mid July now. The fact they said there were so many applicants doesn't fill me with confidence for my chances :frown:

I guess no one's heard anything still? I think they're being totally unfair quite honestly. Seriously frustrating.

VERY unfair, considering lots of people applying for Masters are not as flexible as 18-year-old undergraduates living at home... :frown:

I'll post here if I receive any news but probably another 2 weeks as they said end of July, and knowing them they won't be in a rush...
Reply 510
Got my results for IB, i met my HL offer but i missed the overall points offer by 2 points,
How will SOAS react to this result? its been more than a week since i got the results and i have'nt heard anything from them
Reply 511
Can i just warn you guys, get used to waiting and having 0 support from admin staff. i love SOAS but the organisation is a joke. very very annoying and stressful. good luck to you all!
Original post by keziah_X
Can i just warn you guys, get used to waiting and having 0 support from admin staff. i love SOAS but the organisation is a joke. very very annoying and stressful. good luck to you all!

I know, I did my BA at SOAS too... :frown:
I had hoped they'd improved somewhat since my graduation but apparently not :frown:

if I was an undergrad paying 9k in fees soon, I'd be seriously angry :P
Original post by keziah_X

so there's no way to complain and do something about it...
Reply 514
I got in! Ma history of art. Yayyy

Reply 515
MA in Gender Studies! And i have accepted accomodation in Paul Robeson!
Anyone else?
Reply 516
I live 15 mins away so no halls for me :frown:

For all those waiting for scholarships: I called them just to ask if there will be any more delays or if we can expect the results soon, and they said there won't be delays and the Standard Chartered scholarship meeting is today, I suppose the rest should be this week too... so hopefully only about a week or so to go and we'll know our fate! fingers crossed!
Thanks for letting us know little fish :smile: it seems do weird though that they'd have a meeting today - two months after they were meant to inform people! That's crazy.

Reply 519
Original post by moe94
Got my results for IB, i met my HL offer but i missed the overall points offer by 2 points,
How will SOAS react to this result? its been more than a week since i got the results and i have'nt heard anything from them

I'm in the same situation! I got 36, with 7,6,6 in HL for LLB Law... it's been 2 and a half weeks, and I also sent them a letter of appeal. Have you heard anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest