The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Jim Beam tends to be cheaper than JD. Meant to be nicer too apparently.
Reply 2
erm Southern Comfort? It's whisky and cheaper but doesn't taste the same (tastes much better imo).
SoCo
There is no substitute. If you like Jack, I'd recommend Bushmills as well...
Reply 5
try jim beam? the issue with jack daniels is that, as a tennesee whiskey, as opposed to a traditional kentucky bourbon, which is more commonly produced, it is harder to come by DIRECT substitutes (ones with very similar flavour) So, you need to go to an off license or alcohol seller, and try to find something that is ideally a tennesee sour mash style whiskey, if not a bourbon, for less price than a bottle of JD.
Reply 6
Try Jack Daniel's unsuccesful brother, James Daniels.
jim bean
captain morgan

they don't taste all that similar but we do drink as a cheaper alternative.
Reply 8
Southern Comfort's the way forward my friend. Try it with lemonade.

Its not as sweet or sickly as JD, so its infinitely easier to drink.
Reply 9
Southern Comfort is spiced... not nearly the same.

Tesco whisky.
Reply 10
Cheaper than JD?

Good lord, it's going to be undrinkable. I'm a fan of JD, but it isn't exactly the most refined substance on earth. Going cheaper is going to get you a bottle of utter ****.
Tesco value whisky ha ha
Soco is nothing like JD!

If you want JD you have to pay for it. There's nothing similar to it sadly - Jim Beam is probably as close as you'll get.
Reply 13
AndyK67
Jim Beam tends to be cheaper than JD. Meant to be nicer too apparently.

don't apparently something so untrue :gasp: JB is nowhere near nicer than JD..imo.

Ducki
Southern Comfort's the way forward my friend. Try it with lemonade.

Its not as sweet or sickly as JD, so its infinitely easier to drink.

JD is sweeter than Southern Comfort and lemonade?! :wtf?: SC and lemonade tastes like actual sherbert!
Reply 14
Petrol. At less than £1 per gallon, you can hardly afford not to.
Reply 15
snoogy
Soco is nothing like JD!

Yes indeed. SoCo is absolutely rank, no matter what mixer you try and hide the taste with. I have no idea what that **** is, but JD it ain't.
Jayk
Yes indeed. SoCo is absolutely rank, no matter what mixer you try and hide the taste with. I have no idea what that **** is, but JD it ain't.

It tastes like sweets which is just odd. I only drink it if I'm already drunk otherwise it has to be JD.
Reply 17
Have you considered beer? I realise it doesn't taste anything like Jack Daniels, but then nor do any of the other suggestions thus far.
Reply 18
squeak
don't apparently something so untrue :gasp: JB is nowhere near nicer than JD..imo.

Haven't actually tried JB. JD is pretty great though.
Reply 19
a lot of people drink SoCo to get pissed easier as it seems to taste sweeter, easier to down innit.

Latest