The Student Room Group

Graphics AQA coursework grade boundary

Does anybody know the coursework grade boundary for the new Graphics specification?

I just got my coursework marked and i got 86/90
Do you know what grade that is?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Pretty sure that's A*

But anyway did your teachers give that to you in secret? My teacher for my AQA Graphics coursework says we aren't allowed to see them...?
Original post by Implo
Pretty sure that's A*

But anyway did your teachers give that to you in secret? My teacher for my AQA Graphics coursework says we aren't allowed to see them...?

Exactly, our teacher said the same thing to us. It's annoying 'cos I really want to know. I think 'officially' you're not supposed to know, but eff that.
Reply 4
Original post by Implo
Pretty sure that's A*

Nope, she told the whole class their grades after she mark them. The coursework is out of 90 right? What mark do you think is an A?
Reply 5
Original post by Obscenedilemma
Exactly, our teacher said the same thing to us. It's annoying 'cos I really want to know. I think 'officially' you're not supposed to know, but eff that.

Omg ikr. Plus I need to know to be able to judge how well I need to do exam -.-
Reply 6
Original post by intellect212
Nope, she told the whole class their grades after she mark them. The coursework is out of 90 right? What mark do you think is an A?

Did you get a sheet which told you all the mark boundries and what you need to do to achieve them in each section? If so you could probably work it out from there
Original post by Implo
Omg ikr. Plus I need to know to be able to judge how well I need to do exam -.-

I am going to try and persuade my teacher to give the mark to me. I'll do it like after school, probably then he'll tell me what mark I got.
Reply 8
I am going to try and persuade my teacher to give the mark to me. I'll do it like after school, probably then he'll tell me what mark I got.

Hmm I might try that next lesson and see if she'll crack for me, good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Implo
Did you get a sheet which told you all the mark boundries and what you need to do to achieve them in each section? If so you could probably work it out from there

Nope, she just got my AQA assessment form and filled it in with the mark and she told me to sign it
Original post by intellect212
Nope, she just got my AQA assessment form and filled it in with the mark and she told me to sign it

Can anyone please help me?i got a B in the graphics c/w.What do i need to get in the exam to get an A grade overall.Btw my B was a strong B.help-highly appreciated.Thank you.
Reply 11
Original post by vamos talal
Can anyone please help me?i got a B in the graphics c/w.What do i need to get in the exam to get an A grade overall.Btw my B was a strong B.help-highly appreciated.Thank you.

You need to be a few marks into an A* for the exam to get an A overall.
My teacher told us ours about 2 weeks ago. I got 100% in it woo hoo!

To get an A it's 76, to get an A* it's 83/4
Original post by CallmeJoss
You need to be a few marks into an A* for the exam to get an A overall.

Are you a 100% sure?and is there still a possibility of gettin an A* overall?
lol I remember this exam. I got like a B on my exam but got like 100% on cw. Got an A overall
for the exam just revise the content.

Also theres nothing wrong with a B, especially if it means a lot less work. It wont come back to bite you in the ass like a levels
lol I remember this exam. I got like a B on my exam but got like 100% on cw. Got an A overall
for the exam just revise the content.

Also theres nothing wrong with a B, especially if it means a lot less work. It wont come back to bite you in the ass like a levels

If i try and hopefully get an A* in the exam,can i end up with an A overall?thank you.
Original post by vamos talal
If i try and hopefully get an A* in the exam,can i end up with an A overall?thank you.

I think it's a 60:40 split for the cw and exam respectively.

Yes is the answer
I think it's a 60:40 split for the cw and exam respectively.

Yes is the answer

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest