The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Omggg soas are you gonna accept me? Face it girl....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SparklyGlittery
I am sh*ting it as well phoneix angel, omg i doubt i will go to school like whats the point!? if i get accepted ( which is highly UNLIKELY), im just gonna be over the moon, going on holiday again and sorts!
but most likely im gonna get rejected which means im gonna be crying, screaming and ringing for clearing, hell do i wanna spend hours going to school just to pick a sheet?! like i could ask SOAS what i got then going to schoo which is about 1 hour from where i live...

and KIMORAAA, why do you have two back ups??
****k intense listen In a couple hours we'll know make sure u let us know and I'll do like wise fingers crossed for you x
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
OHHHHHHHHHH I SEE..

whats citys offer? im sure is AAA for law as well?
Original post by phoenix Angel
****k intense listen In a couple hours we'll know make sure u let us know and I'll do like wise fingers crossed for you x

OMG thanks hunnie! i have my fingers crossed for you too ,,

wouldnt it be soo good if both of us going to Soas :smile:
Reply 23
Well my friend said they will take an ABB person.

FINGERS CROSSED.

¬_¬

Imagine they dont.

what would I do.

I might go do something else.

BUT my personal statement is a proper law one.

hmmmmmmm
Reply 24
Woah guys, god i don't miss being this nervous about exams, hope you're all doing ok

Just remember you are all clever, you all have offers from good unis, the panic is just making you doubt your ability, this happens to everyone. To get offers from SOAS you must have good AS-levels and are capable individuals you can handle tomorrow however it turns out.

Track opens early but i'm sure UCAS won't put up results until the official release of results anyway which is i think 10am (forgive me if i don't know, i did this 4 years ago). They do it so its fair and whether you have internet access at home or go into school to pick up resutls and check ucas, its simultaneous across the country and nobody has an advantage in clearing.
Yes you do have to go into school not just phone them, as in most schools they dislike giving results out over the phone, especially for a-levels, as beyond checking a few personal details (which lets face it any good friend knows anyway) they can't know its really you.

I hate to say it but if SOAS refuse you it is unlikely ringing them up will make any difference, bare in mind they have had your results (and those of everyone else who applied) for a few days at least, more likely a week and will have made the choice then. They will have considered it carefully. That said if you miss it by one grade and its a fluke, i.e you get AAB and only get the B because you messed up one paper on a day you were ill or had a family issue, ring them up and see what they say, preferably find a teacher who might vouch for you - this is a long shot. In 4 yrs at uni I don't know of anyone who managed to talk a uni into taking them after missed grades.

You are far better off ringing your insurance and checking they will still take you, especially if your offer grades were the same or close to your original choice and you missed them too. As if i remember correctly your insurance uni don't have any obligation to give you a place unless you meet their offer.

Also remember if they refuse to take you and you've spent hours trying to talk around your first choice too before phoning your insurance, you will then be several hours behind others with the same or possibly better grades searching through clearing for the same course, which is never good. Be realistic about it all. I know you will be upset if you miss your first choice but your insurance is your 2nd choice from all the unis in the uk and you must have found positives about it too, so try and remember them.

I'm sure this won't be an issue for any of you guys though, you clearly all have the brains, i'll have my fingers crossed for you guys, good luck to you all.

btw, any questions about law feel free to message me as i've just finished my degree and i'd be happy to help ease any concerns. I should add I didn't go to SOAS but a friend of mine did.
OMG thanks hunnie! i have my fingers crossed for you too ,,

wouldnt it be soo good if both of us going
to Soas :smile:
aliee if we do I'll buy u a drink at da su bar try get some sleep or ur guna drive urself crazy lol
So I missed my offer by one grade ABC and I was meant to get ABB but they still let me in :biggrin:DDDDDDD
Reply 27
Original post by phoenix Angel
So I missed my offer by one grade ABC and I was meant to get ABB but they still let me in :biggrin:DDDDDDD

Hmm.. Good for you but what does it say about SOAS
I got innnnnnnnnnnnnn unconditional high five
Original post by Picaa
Hmm.. Good for you but what does it say about SOAS

To be fair I know someone who got into UCL this year having missed a grade...

A friend of mine was also given an offer from Kings by 'accident' due to an admin error - she was allowed to keep it even though she didn't do particularly well.

I don't think this necessarily says anything about SOAS in particular, but rather the admissions staff and standards at various UOL colleges.
Reply 30
Original post by El Muffin

A friend of mine was also given an offer from Kings by 'accident' due to an admin error - she was allowed to keep it even though she didn't do particularly well.

Admin accident or some sort of quota? Either for stats (public/private) or to fulfil the conditions for the higher tuition fee band... Hard to tell.
Original post by Picaa
Admin accident or some sort of quota? Either for stats (public/private) or to fulfil the conditions for the higher tuition fee band... Hard to tell.

Higher tuition fee band for entry in 2011?

Kings really screwed me over this year. I myself was rejected for the wrong reason by 'accident' - due to not being in a position to meet predicted grades. I was on an Access to HE course and we don't get predicted grades! When I called them up none of the admissions tutors knew what was going on...

To top it off, just getting hold of the staff was problematic to say the least. Most of them didn't bother picking up their phone/replying to emails even when they were in the office.

Clearly just bad admin - at Kings anyway
i got rejected pftttttt

going bournemouth instead to study law

:smile:
Reply 33
i got rejected pftttttt

going bournemouth instead to study law

:smile:

Do mind me asking what you got in your A levels then?
Original post by tehonlyone
Do mind me asking what you got in your A levels then?

AABC what about you?
Reply 35
what did yu get/?
Original post by Coolkat
what did yu get/?

i said aabc
Reply 37
i said aabc

I didnt read the comments, congrats :smile:
I want to go there!
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Why?

I love the law programme they offer, because it has a focus on languages and other things alike

Quick Reply

Latest