The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChannyBee
Offer from Bournemouth woooooo I could actually cry..!

Hey, Congratualtions on this !
Just wondering, what does it mean if i have an interview on may 2nd. They emailed me ages ago and said i was on a hold list, and now they've offered me an interview !
I'm really confused !
x
Its starting to sink in that I have a offer for Avery Hill
I'd do anything for a place this year. Life's so unfair..
Reply 2823
Original post by Spider987
Its starting to sink in that I have a offer for Avery Hill

https://www.facebook.com/groups/318790904850239/ join the Avery Hill fb group :smile:
Reply 2824
Original post by bluelightz

I felt like this last year, perseverance really plays off.
You will get there... xxx
Reply 2825
Original post by elchilds
I felt like this last year, perseverance really plays off.
You will get there... xxx

me too, and the year before that , but didnt give up and its paid off :smile:
Original post by BrookeGillian
Hey, Congratualtions on this !
Just wondering, what does it mean if i have an interview on may 2nd. They emailed me ages ago and said i was on a hold list, and now they've offered me an interview !
I'm really confused !
x

Well firstly congrats on the interview..!!
I can only imagine that they must offer people conditional places so if some of those people decline or can't meet the conditions i.e references, exam results, CRB etc they must then send invites out to those 'on hold'
Don't quote me though!
Will you be attending the interview? I'm excited for you :smile:

Don't be so down on yourself, this is my third year of applying and was to be my last as my access certificate runs out this year so I know exactly how you are feeling, only a few months and you can look to applying again. Email a few course leaders some questions to get your name in there and recognised for future interviews. (if that fails camp outside their house :wink: )
Don't give up!! It will pay off and when it does all that perseverance will be very rewarding. Xx
Reply 2828
Don't be so down on yourself, this is my third year of applying and was to be my last as my access certificate runs out this year so I know exactly how you are feeling, only a few months and you can look to applying again. Email a few course leaders some questions to get your name in there and recognised for future interviews. (if that fails camp outside their house :wink: )
Don't give up!! It will pay off and when it does all that perseverance will be very rewarding. Xx

I love your optimism to other TSR members ChannyBee.

Just wondering, have you been successful this year? :smile:
Thanks guys :-) I won't give up
Reply 2830
Original post by hhh123
I love your optimism to other TSR members ChannyBee.

Just wondering, have you been successful this year? :smile:

She got into Bournemouth Harriexxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2831
Thanks guys :-) I won't give up

Advice given to me last year by the unis I applied to was -

Go to open days - talk to the tutors.
On your personal statement - say what u have done and WHY it means that your a good candidate.
Get lots of experience - care home, community responding, st johns, red cross. A guy I was at an interview with worked in a bar, and related it to paramedic Science as being able to be patient with drunk people and work under pressure. Write down everything, another example I used was my parents are foster careers, I explained how it has made me understanding.
Don't want it TOO bad - they said they like enthusiasm but don't go too far. Stalking is not ideal on your record.

If you have had interviews this year, remember the questions, talk to other health care professionals about how they see the role of a paramedic, expan your answers, make them different so you stand out.

Keep up to date with current affairs an drop it into your university interviews.

I hope this helps :smile: also FYI - I wrote on my personal statement that it was my second year of applying, so they knew I wanted it that much....

Xxx
Reply 2832
Original post by elchilds
She got into Bournemouth Harriexxx

Ah fab :smile:
Original post by hhh123
Ah fab :smile:

Thanks peeps... I don't know what I would have done if I didn't get in this year? The thought of being Stuck as a HCA until I am 75 brings me to tears hah x
Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the reserve list for the paramedic science course running at Greenwich medway campus??
Reply 2835
Thanks peeps... I don't know what I would have done if I didn't get in this year? The thought of being Stuck as a HCA until I am 75 brings me to tears hah x

I know the feeling! I think I was a bit of a pessimist throughout my application as I was trying to plan a year out in case I didn't get in. However it was THE ULTIMATE BEST feeling when I actually got a conditional offer!
Reply 2836
If anyone has got an offer from Worcs PM me - we have a group on FaceyB :biggrin: xxx
Original post by graemeb
I rang them today. Got such a confusing answer....."If you haven't heard anything yet then we'll probably be making you an offer, but we may not be"
well that helped...........lol

Stating the obvious there then! I'll try not to be too optimistic and get my hopes up! Is anyone else waiting on LJMU as a first choice?
Original post by scottmccabe
Does anyone have any idea how many people are on the reserve list for the paramedic science course running at Greenwich medway campus??

Umm well 45 people got fitness tests and 15 got places. Therefore there can be a maximum of 30 places on reserve list? Haven't read from anyone that has been unsuccessful since fitness test which makes me wonder if everyone else is on reserve?
Original post by hhh123
I know the feeling! I think I was a bit of a pessimist throughout my application as I was trying to plan a year out in case I didn't get in. However it was THE ULTIMATE BEST feeling when I actually got a conditional offer!

I would have loved to get into uwe, it's just down the road from me! Although I am excited I now have to drive to Bournemouth every week, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Latest