The Student Room Group

Tesco Trainee Management Programme 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Me neither! Still got plenty of time though!

Aww so do I actually, not sure what im going to wear, havent some people already attended their assessment centre?
Reply 81
The first assessment centre isn't till the 17th April and they go on through till 3rd May. If it goes the same way the graduate scheme has we should hear back with our result the week starting 7th May.
Reply 82
Oh aye oops got confused ive been reading the graduate thread as well lol! Im excited now, its going to come quickkk :smile:!

Yeah the wait is going to be absolute torture eh :/ email and phone checking constantly hahaa!
Reply 83
Hi, been told of my personnel manager that our assessment day is a similar format to the graduate and options sign on days. Face to face interview, team related tasks and role play. Surely everyone will be suited & booted. Good luck guys. :smile:
Reply 84
Hi

Ive been wondering for ages how the day would be structured, no one in my store (management or HR) knows what is going to happen since I applied doing it online rather than going through the store. Since then ive been put on pre options anyway to help me if I dont succeed.

Good luck to everyone, I shall see the Glasgow bound folks on the 19th :smile:
has anyone had their assessment yet?
Reply 86
Yeahh I have.

I think quite a few have had theirs but still a couple of weeks until the last lot of candidates :smile:
Reply 87
Hey guys!!! is everyone okay :smile:??

How was everyones assesment day so far? x
Reply 88
'Sairs'
Have you applied for the a level commercial development scheme?
Reply 89
Hi! No im doing the alevel management scheme sorry :smile:
Reply 90
Ahh ok not to worry!
Was just seeing if anyone else on here was currently having to create a SWOT analysis on a tesco range of products for the assessment centre?
Reply 91
Noooo we didn't have to prepare anything for the assessment centre apart from ourselves lol. Hopefully there's someone on here that can help you :smile:
i'm doing the merchandising assessment centre on the 25th and we have to prepare a presentation and critique a range of products - eek!
Reply 93
Original post by Sairs
Noooo we didn't have to prepare anything for the assessment centre apart from ourselves lol. Hopefully there's someone on here that can help you :smile:

I've applied for this, got the telephone interview some time next week. Got any hints or what they'll ask etc.?
hello people, how'd everyone get on at their assessment? - quick question they told us but I can't remember; will we be contacted via phone call or email?
Thanks
Reply 95
Ow3n are you doing the store management scheme? I was under the impression the deadline was December.

Student from what they told me it doesn't sound like they know themselves. I was told either lol! I think if we were to be successful it would be a phone call. Rejection email on the other hand. I would hope that they wouldn't dream of offering a job over email lol.
Reply 96
Yeah they said either phone or email on our day too. Though from what I gathered from those on the graduate scheme it was phonecall for acceptance and email for rejection as Sairs has pointed out also.
Reply 97
How has everyone got on at the other assessment centres? What did you like the most about it? I enjoyed the Presentation and Interview. The group exercise was all about people taking the glory but I think a couple of people will be mark down as they didnt want to listen to what other people had to say.
I thought my assessment went well, I was the youngest candidate on the day at 17. If I'm honest I enjoyed all of my tasks, especially the written one, my interview went well too. The group discussion was nothing like I expected it, I thought people would try to dominate but before anyone had the chance to talk I suggested that we go round the table and suggest our points and If anyone had questions they should raise their hand so no one would interrupt etc. What about you?
Reply 99
Original post by Student1768
I thought my assessment went well, I was the youngest candidate on the day at 17. If I'm honest I enjoyed all of my tasks, especially the written one, my interview went well too. The group discussion was nothing like I expected it, I thought people would try to dominate but before anyone had the chance to talk I suggested that we go round the table and suggest our points and If anyone had questions they should raise their hand so no one would interrupt etc. What about you?

What tasks did you undertake?

Quick Reply

Latest