The Student Room Group

Zante 2012

Me and 5 mates are looking to go to Zante for a week (21st June-28th June), but aren't too sure as to how busy the clubs and bars are going to be. Has anyone been late June and if so whats it like? Or would we be better paying the extra dollar to go late July during peak time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going for a week too! How much money d'ya reckon i'll need?
Reply 2
im going to zante in july, but if you look on the facebook page people are saying when/where they're staying. and loads of people seem to be going around that time so dont worry :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/zante2012
Reply 3
Original post by os93
I'm going for a week too! How much money d'ya reckon i'll need?

I've never been but went Magaluf for a week last summer took 280 euros and had about 50 left over. Litre of vodka at the local shop was 4 euros and you can take 30 euros out on a night out and have plenty left over. Thats Maga though so not sure what it's like in comparison to Zante..

Original post by haybo
im going to zante in july, but if you look on the facebook page people are saying when/where they're staying. and loads of people seem to be going around that time so dont worry :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/zante2012

Yeah i've had a look at that before .. just don't wanna go there then it be dead!
Reply 4
No if you're going end of june i'm pretty sure its gonna be packed, people start going end of may right through to september x
Reply 5
Depends where in Zante you go to be fair. If you're staying around Laganas or maybe Zakynthos, then it's going to be packed whether it's June or July; busier in July though.
Reply 6
Laganas, yeah.
Reply 7
Original post by Ash_TJ
I've never been but went Magaluf for a week last summer took 280 euros and had about 50 left over. Litre of vodka at the local shop was 4 euros and you can take 30 euros out on a night out and have plenty left over. Thats Maga though so not sure what it's like in comparison to Zante..

Yeah i've had a look at that before .. just don't wanna go there then it be dead!

not gonna lie i spent ALOT more than that on nights out in magaluf :s-smilie:

but anyway i went to zante the 10th july last summer and its not as busy as magaluf. I personally would choose magaluf over zante anyday but thats just my opinion :smile:

i spent £500 in a week in zante and that was going out everynight but maybe only 3 nights going into laganas strip and going a boat trip, bar crawl and to st nicks watersports beach.

hope this helps.
Reply 8
Original post by LC_x
not gonna lie i spent ALOT more than that on nights out in magaluf :s-smilie:

but anyway i went to zante the 10th july last summer and its not as busy as magaluf. I personally would choose magaluf over zante anyday but thats just my opinion :smile:

i spent £500 in a week in zante and that was going out everynight but maybe only 3 nights going into laganas strip and going a boat trip, bar crawl and to st nicks watersports beach.

hope this helps.

Well because the local spirits and that were so cheap we normally just pre-drank loads before hand at the hotel then went out on the strip .. obviously you dont have to pay to get into any of the bars really so save loadsa money there.

Yeah I wanna go back to Magaluf but everyone else wants to go somewhere new .. pretty annoying.
I'm going Zante from the 3rd-10th July woooooooo
Reply 10
Original post by Ash_TJ
Me and 5 mates are looking to go to Zante for a week (21st June-28th June), but aren't too sure as to how busy the clubs and bars are going to be. Has anyone been late June and if so whats it like? Or would we be better paying the extra dollar to go late July during peak time?

Yes it will be, peek peek times are middle of June untill early August, but it is pretty busy from Late May untill the middle of September.
Reply 11
Original post by Ash_TJ

30 Euro will not get you very far at all unless you get absolutley smashed before you go out and don't get drinks while you are out.

It is free to get in all the bars and clubs unless it has a special event then its generally between 10-25 euro.

Heineken/Amstel/Mythos - 3 euro
Cocktails/local spirits and mixers - 5- 8
Alcopops/import beers (ie. corona) - 5 - 8
Shots - 2 - 4
Reply 12
I thought zante was so cheap for drinks, you always get people trying to give you the best deals to try get you into their club/bar so you can bargain with them to get the best drink deal. I remember plus club on the strip was 3 cocktails and 2 shots for 5 euros. I took about 550 euros for the week, came back with just over 200 and i went out to the main strip every night
Reply 13
laganas will always be packed in the summer months :smile: im going with 11 other girls from 28th june to 5th july :smile:
Reply 14
Ended up booking it .. 21st-28th June.
went last year 26th june - 4th of july and it was busy!
Reply 16
Original post by Ash_TJ

hey im greek... dont worry go ahead..june is high season. not top season, but definitely u re gonna have fun..lots of people
Reply 17
How far away is Laganas from the airport? I've read and heard its only like five minutes away but all the quotes im getting online for transfers are like £20 per person..
I'm going to Zante 21st 28th too! Where are you flying from? X
Reply 19
Does anyone know if it will be busy the start of june , say around the 10th ?

Quick Reply

Latest