The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
I decided to be different and wrote about checking out me history and medusa because i wrote at the end they're similar in the fact that others actions affected them. Checking out me history - people stopped him from being able to find his identity through black history and medusa her husband affected her life
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yeh, that's good!!! We can help eachother!

not sure...my record of results for english is not exactly the best ... We'll see!
I'm sure you'll do well though :smile:

Yes I am.. .hate the timing, I do love the descriptive writing questions though!

It is !!! If anything a little too hot, It was boiling in the exam hall! I'm going out for a dog walk in a bit, then may do a couple of physics past papers for wednesday..(i think its wednesday..)

Cool! I do need some help too:smile:
Why do you say that? What did you get in the controlled assessments, if you don't mind me asking:smile:

The exam hall was boiling aswell! Unpredictable weather I guess:wink:
There was a massive fly that distracted me, because it came right into my face!:s-smilie:
ARGH! Scary stuff!:smile:
not sure ... may not have been explained in quite enough depth..

I'm sure time will go really quickly until the week before...then it will go sooo slowly, the night before..omg I'm going to be so stressed!!! I probably won't sleep, will be on here instead :biggrin:

Good luck to you too!!!!! I'm sure you'll do fab! :smile:
I'm sure you did fine. :h:

I know exactly what you mean! I'll be glued to TSR too :biggrin: Last year I had to listen to music so loud all the time to numb my brain, because I worried that much. :eek:

And thanks, let's hope so! :colondollar:
Original post by Pandora.
I did relationships too! :smile: I chose the Quickdraw question and compared it to The Farmer's Bride. :smile:

I was about to attempt Quickdraw and compare it to Sister Maude because of this whole betrayal theme, but I thought that I'd write better with Praise Song... and so I stuck to that, providing the fact that I really wanted that poem to appear:smile:
I think that Sonnet 116 would have been nice too:smile: x
Reply 2424
Original post by justanotherindigo
Cool! I do need some help too:smile:
Why do you say that? What did you get in the controlled assessments, if you don't mind me asking:smile:

The exam hall was boiling aswell! Unpredictable weather I guess:wink:
There was a massive fly that distracted me, because it came right into my face!:s-smilie:
ARGH! Scary stuff!:smile:

most of my controlled assessments are A's and A*'s but in my lit exam mock I got a C.. it lead be to lose faith in the subject really.. I was planning to do it at A-level until then ... :frown:

lol.. we had someone coughing constantly.. sooooo frustrating!! then again if it was me i would feel really bad so I won't have a go at them lol:smile:
Reply 2425
I'm sure you did fine. :h:

I know exactly what you mean! I'll be glued to TSR too :biggrin: Last year I had to listen to music so loud all the time to numb my brain, because I worried that much. :eek:

And thanks, let's hope so! :colondollar:

what time do you get to go get your results?
Original post by justanotherindigo
I was about to attempt Quickdraw and compare it to Sister Maude because of this whole betrayal theme, but I thought that I'd write better with Praise Song... and so I stuck to that, providing the fact that I really wanted that poem to appear:smile:
I think that Sonnet 116 would have been nice too:smile: x
Strange, I was going to compare it to Sister Maude too! :biggrin: I decided I'd have more to write about with Farmer's Bride though. I'm not really a fan of Praise Song or any other sentimental poems. They just bore me... I don't know what that says about me! :lol:
what time do you get to go get your results?
Between 9am and 11am is when my school's open for Y11. :smile:
Between 9am and 11am is when my school's open for Y11. :smile:

mine's from half 9 to half 10!
most of my controlled assessments are A's and A*'s but in my lit exam mock I got a C.. it lead be to lose faith in the subject really.. I was planning to do it at A-level until then ... :frown:

lol.. we had someone coughing constantly.. sooooo frustrating!! then again if it was me i would feel really bad so I won't have a go at them lol:smile:

That's really good:biggrin:
I lost so much confidence after Tuesday's exam... but hey!
We are all human!
Ahhh--coughing is not nice!
Reply 2430
I thought the English exam went well, better than Tuesday's! I was doing the relationships poems so I did the QuickDraw question and compared it to sister maude :smile:

I don't think the unseen poem was too bad either, although from talking to other people I think I might of interpreted the end of the poem slightly wrong...everyone else I've spoken to wrote that the broken window and sky on the floor was about broken hopes and dreams, but I wrote how a Childs bedroom is supposed to be a safe place, but with the broken window it's like the wars got in there room so it's no longer safe for them and then the sky on the floor was saying how the war made children question what's right and what wonder if what they think they know is true.....

How did you guys interpret the ending of the unseen poem?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Strange, I was going to compare it to Sister Maude too! :biggrin: I decided I'd have more to write about with Farmer's Bride though. I'm not really a fan of Praise Song or any other sentimental poems. They just bore me... I don't know what that says about me! :lol:

Cool:smile:
One of my other classmates compared Quickdraw with The Farmer's Bride, so your not the only one!
:lol: This whole cluster bored me to death! Didn't really enjoy it all!
Original post by xAlice95
I thought the English exam went well, better than Tuesday's! I was doing the relationships poems so I did the QuickDraw question and compared it to sister maude :smile:

I don't think the unseen poem was too bad either, although from talking to other people I think I might of interpreted the end of the poem slightly wrong...everyone else I've spoken to wrote that the broken window and sky on the floor was about broken hopes and dreams, but I wrote how a Childs bedroom is supposed to be a safe place, but with the broken window it's like the wars got in there room so it's no longer safe for them and then the sky on the floor was saying how the war made children question what's right and what wonder if what they think they know is true.....

How did you guys interpret the ending of the unseen poem?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Same! Way better than Tuesday's!:wink:
I did the Praise Song... and compared it with Sonnet 43, but I was so tempted to do the first question!

The unseen poem I wrote how war is a destruction and how this was shown through the adjectives and stuff like that. The ending I wrote who it isn't safe anymore, and the sky falling down could connot the destruction of hopes etc......
In a very good mood today :smile: English went really well for my standards and chemistry was quite easy :smile:
Original post by usycool1
In a very good mood today :smile: English went really well for my standards and chemistry was quite easy :smile:

which chemistry did you do? :smile: i did C2 and C3!
Reply 2435
After the disastrous exam on Tuesday today felt a lot better :smile:

Did anyone else compare Quickdraw to The Manhunt? And did anyone else write about the 'giant playing bowls' possibly being God for the unseen poetry?
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
which chemistry did you do? :smile: i did C2 and C3!

I did C3 (AQA) :smile: I did C2 last year :biggrin:

How did they do for you? :smile:
Reply 2437
Original post by Leelad
After the disastrous exam on Tuesday today felt a lot better :smile:

Did anyone else compare Quickdraw to The Manhunt? And did anyone else write about the 'giant playing bowls' possibly being God for the unseen poetry?

I'd remove this if you're referring to an exam done today.
Reply 2438
Original post by usycool1

I didn't think it was too bad either. Was really miffed when we came out as on the titration question when you had to convert it into grams etc I got 12g. Everyone else got 48g and had a right go at me saying I was stupid - came home earlier and saw most peeps on here thought it was 12g - was soooo happy!
I sat the OCR 21st Century Science Chemistry today and thought it went quite well, know I messed up in one part of the exam but I was overall happy as a few of my stringer topics were asked about a lot :smile: