The Student Room Group

AQA -- A2 -- English Literature & Language B

Hi all,

I noticed there was a thread for, it seems, every English exam under the sun except this one, so here is ours! Anyone else sitting this exam?

Scroll to see replies

i am dreading it... coursework is still half done nd i hve to hand it in on tuesdy :/... how is yours going?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37239882&highlight=

I'm not excited, theres hardly anything for AQA Lang/Lit on here i agree o.o I did a guide (link) to the unseen question if it's any help a couple of days ago, and I may do one for Hamlet/Other Play question aswell if people like it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by NoHeroes94
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37239882&highlight=

I'm not excited, theres hardly anything for AQA Lang/Lit on here i agree o.o I did a guide (link) to the unseen question if it's any help a couple of days ago, and I may do one for Hamlet/Other Play question aswell if people like it :smile:

Yes, that would be brilliant! Perhaps I should do one on Streetcar :wink:

Also, excellent guide, cheers <3
Original post by gemnomnom

No problem :smile:

I would love a guide on Streetcar! Even if it's just how you plan your answer!
Reply 6
Hello everyone,
I'm doing streetcar name desire for my text, i was just wondering if anyone had any past papers? All the ones included on the AQA website dont have the streetcar extract on because of copyright reasons :mad:
If anyone could send me any it would be a great help :smile:
Original post by JodieBean
Hello everyone,
I'm doing streetcar name desire for my text, i was just wondering if anyone had any past papers? All the ones included on the AQA website dont have the streetcar extract on because of copyright reasons :mad:
If anyone could send me any it would be a great help :smile:

Ask your teacher for them because they can access them. I suggest you get as many a possible from your teacher in order to practice over the half term next week :smile: Good luck in your exam!
I am just hoping to get a nice question on theme rather than characters, unless if it's Blanche and Stanley LOL
Reply 8
Original post by ToyosiBaby
Ask your teacher for them because they can access them. I suggest you get as many a possible from your teacher in order to practice over the half term next week :smile: Good luck in your exam!
I am just hoping to get a nice question on theme rather than characters, unless if it's Blanche and Stanley LOL

I've managed to locate a few now :smile:
I was thinking it may be a theme because alot of the main relationships have already come up! What themes will you be revsing?
Also someone on a other thread told me that this is the last time streetcar will be on the exam, therefore, their teacher has told them the last scene is a high possiablility!
Reply 9
I've managed to locate a few now :smile:
I was thinking it may be a theme because alot of the main relationships have already come up! What themes will you be revsing?
Also someone on a other thread told me that this is the last time streetcar will be on the exam, therefore, their teacher has told them the last scene is a high possiablility!

Why the last scene?
Reply 10
Why the last scene?

the last scene hasn't come up yet and theres alot that goes on. The majority of the themes are shown within scene 10 and 11. It might not come up but its worth looking at in detail
Reply 11
Hey guys. Anyone else looked at the grade boundaries? Apparently only 77 out of 96 is needed for an A* in the exam. This seems to low. Can anyone clarify?
Reply 12
Original post by Turtletron
Hey guys. Anyone else looked at the grade boundaries? Apparently only 77 out of 96 is needed for an A* in the exam. This seems to low. Can anyone clarify?

Hey, where did you find this information from?
I got told that a B was 68?
x
Reply 13
The AQA grade boundaries for Jan 12, maybe an 11 paper. I'm not sure how it works though?
Reply 14
The AQA grade boundaries for Jan 12, maybe an 11 paper. I'm not sure how it works though?

Your correct, according to this - http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JAN12.PDF
That says an A* is 77

But then if you look at my thread i started a while ago asking for help with grades the person who replyed says i have to get 61 to get a B :/ - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1994224

Its so confusing! :s-smilie:
xx
Reply 15
Agreed it is confusing :wink:

My theory is a mix-up between raw marks and UMS. To be fair it don't say that the grade boundaries are in raw or UMS. I think they're raw though. And these are boundaries for individual exams not overall?

I dunno - I kinda feel like I'm talking rubbish.
Reply 16
Agreed it is confusing :wink:

My theory is a mix-up between raw marks and UMS. To be fair it don't say that the grade boundaries are in raw or UMS. I think they're raw though. And these are boundaries for individual exams not overall?

I dunno - I kinda feel like I'm talking rubbish.

The marks you found are in Raw marks it says on the pdf, do you think maybe the exam was hard therefore the boundarys were lowered?

I'm sort of hoping that your right though because i need a B in the exam to get an A overall so a B would be like 50 something :P haha

xx
Reply 17
The marks you found are in Raw marks it says on the pdf, do you think maybe the exam was hard therefore the boundarys were lowered?

I'm sort of hoping that your right though because i need a B in the exam to get an A overall so a B would be like 50 something :P haha

xx

Actually that is likley cause the PDF says scaled grade boundaries. Hmmm - I think the best bet is to aim as high as possible.

What set text are u doing? (Hamlet etc...)
Reply 18
Really struggling with Hamlet! :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by laureneb10
Really struggling with Hamlet! :frown:

Hey join the club - we've got jackets :wink:

Quick Reply