The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Moving between Main Campus and Hes East

Hi,

I'd like to get accommodation in the new Langwith college which is on the Heslington East campus but my department will be on the old main campus.

So my main question is has anyone done a 'commute' between the campuses to get to lessons and how hard/annoying was it? Also am I correct in understanding that there is a free bus between the campuses?

I've tried to look on the uni website but haven't had any luck.

Many thanks.
Reply 1
As far as I know, there is a free bus for students between Hest West and Est. I found that it is about 10-15 min walking and actually many people live in Hest Est while having their department in Hest West and there isn't much trouble with commuting. This is what I found by asking students
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by isaiahT
Hi,

I'd like to get accommodation in the new Langwith college which is on the Heslington East campus but my department will be on the old main campus.

So my main question is has anyone done a 'commute' between the campuses to get to lessons and how hard/annoying was it? Also am I correct in understanding that there is a free bus between the campuses?

I've tried to look on the uni website but haven't had any luck.

Many thanks.

Hi there,

There are two free shuttle services between Hes East and West that run every 10-15 minutes each, from different bus stops (they're run by different companies) and its free to get to and from each campus or you can pay £2 for a return into york and back to campus.

Its maybe a 10-15 minute walk, and often I found it much quicker to just walk than hang around for a bus, which is then driven by someone who's due to take a 10 minute break before going off etc etc, especially when the weather is nice. When its bad, stick to the bus :P

any other york questions give me a shout :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending