The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Is Coventry a good university?

I'm planning on applying for Coventry University and i was wondering if it is a good university! I'm know it's nowhere near as good as the traditional/academic universities etc. but i'm not sure if its good when compared to less academic ones. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
There are plenty that are much much better obv, but the further you go down in terms on international recognition and academic prestige, the less important it is what university you go to. You should research the uni yourself, emphasizing on you think is most important for a uni in your opinion. For example, if its job prospects, research how good the career's service is, how targeted it is, who and how many links does it have to industry, etc, etc. At the end of the day though, you should go to a uni where you are most happy at, because the most important factor when it comes to job application isnt where you got your degree (most of the time, but YOU, your personality, your skills, how you have developed as a person, etc, etc.

So to sum it up, there isnt much between unis when you look at the less prestigious ones and in terms of their reputation, where you got your degree isnt as important as you'd think. Research the uni if you really wanna know which is would benefit you most on paper, but also consider whether or not you'd be happy there too. Hope this helps
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I have a friend there and he's quite happy about it. The teaching quality is not that bad. It just doesn't have a good rank (yet) as it's a new one. But for business courses, it has climbed up from 90 to 68 this year (approximately), which is quite impressive. I think it will soar to even a better place in the future. I think you have to research more to decide it yourself. Coventry city is quite safe and cheap, plenty clubs and bars!
I have a friend who goes there to study sport science i think and he really enjoys it there! So judging from him i would say yes! :smile:
I'm from Coventry, and I can tell you, that I will be applying there for Economics because there department is pretty good. Not only that in recent years locally, the reputation of the university has increased from what it was.

Quick Reply

Latest