The Student Room Group

Zenos, yay or nay?

Hi there,

so, I'm wanting to go into the IT profession and a while back one of my IT teachers recommended I consider going to Zenos! Sounded and looked great at the time, until recently when a lot of negative things have been said about it, making me think twice!

Any advice, opinions, experiences and general knowledge on Zenos would be much appreciated!

Steven :smile:
Reply 1
It's free money, but the course is worthless, outdated, teaches you nothing and leaves you in no better position for a job.
Reply 2
They promise alot but deliver very little. Apprenticeships are supposed to offer "work experience" but they fail to get the companies to take part so you leave the course no better off than when you started....Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!
Reply 3
I completed Zenos, and honestly it was one of the best 5 months of my life.
However, this wasn't because of the course, it was the people. My class were all fantastic - I've heard from other Zenos goers that the apprentices are sometimes only in it for the money and something to do... which results in a bad atmosphere.

I was lucky enough to have a bunch of great people, a fantastic trainer who taught us a lot of life lessons and the correct mindset to employment. Remember, Zenos will not find you a job, but it CAN show you the way.

I'm currently earning £11.37 an hour for first line IT support which is great.

I'm quitting my job to go to university - some people say I'm crazy but I want to experience a different life and learn again, since I had the best time of my life with like minded people.

So basically, if you're lucky enough to get a good trainer and class then it's fantastic. I went Leicester, by the way. It will not find you a job but can help you greatly get into first level support - it probably isn't suited for anywhere else (which is why I'm doing a degree in networking) but if you're happy to start from first level support and work your way up it can be a good alternative to university.

edit: Would appreciate a reply with reasoning rather than a neg!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I almost went to Zenos, but withdrew my application to do Health & Social Care. Always wondered if I made the right decision, but by the looks of it, it seems as if I did. Although I did plan on doing it after college because they've contacted me a couple of times.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I got accepted at the one at newcastle, but due to how much work I'd have to put in, and then I'd have to travel, I wouldnt get any free time at all, I would be spending so much cash on just getting there, I'd have nothing to live on.

They seem to know their stuff but I think there's better options out there like e-learning courses.
Reply 6
Ive just done it and im on job seekers. Enough said..
Reply 7
Depending on what Zeno's accadamy you go to will determine how far you can go!! I finished Zeno's over two years ago.... They gave me the insentive to push myself and learn as much as possible! I now own my own software annalysis company at the age of 20, so it really is the more you put in the more you get out!
Reply 8
Depending on what Zeno's accadamy you go to will determine how far you can go!! I finished Zeno's over two years ago.... They gave me the insentive to push myself and learn as much as possible! I now own my own software annalysis company at the age of 20, so it really is the more you put in the more you get out!

Quick Reply

Latest