The Student Room Group

La Sociedad Española

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
no es massa dificil aprender el catala si saps parlar el castella, pero amena hi no puc parlar molt be...a poc a poc home.
Muchas gracias for all your kind words! :smile: I'm trying not to worry about it...

Barcelona parece que ser estupendo - quiero visitar allí en el futuro :smile:
Reply 42
Excalibur
Sorry for the atrocious Spanish :wink: I'm really worried about my GCSE oral exam, which is on the 9th - I always go to pieces during oral exams. The higher tier role plays are really hard - the topics are things like applying for jobs, witnessing a shoplifter, discussing the results of a survey with a friend, etc. :frown: And as for the questions, don't even go there. Our teacher gave us a solid A4 sheet full of questions for every single topic, and though some are straightforward, some are really nasty and I don't know how to answer them at all!!

I'm majorly worried about my Spanish oral too. I have 5 pages of A4 questions to learn the answers too :eek: and I haven't even started yet - I've been too busy doing the same for French.

I've never been to Spain before, but if I did study Spanish at uni, I'd want to spend my 3rd year in Madrid or on a beach somewhere...
Reply 43
drsmeeth
I was asking a fair question, but feel free to take your abnormally sized head out of the 'room', if you can fit it through.

Lame comeback. What are you, 12?
Leaving now, I'd rather argue with someone who can actually offer some decent insults.
Reply 44
brimstone
I'm majorly worried about my Spanish oral too. I have 5 pages of A4 questions to learn the answers too :eek: and I haven't even started yet - I've been too busy doing the same for French.

I've never been to Spain before, but if I did study Spanish at uni, I'd want to spend my 3rd year in Madrid or on a beach somewhere...

Does Barcelona have beaches? I've only been in the city itself:redface:
Don't go to Malaga for beaches, they're un poquito skanky (the sand is a really weird grey colour that sticks to everything, and the sea is quite dirty there depending on the day).
I miss GSCEs, oh for the sweet lack of revision:smile:
Reply 45
Quiero entrar en la Sociedad Espanola también. [Don't know what's 'to join' in Spanish]. He estudiado el espanol desde 3 anos, pero mi profesora no es my bien. Espero que puede mejorar mis conocimientos este verano.

[Paddy, you got the idea for this soc from the German one, didn't you?! :wink:]
Reply 46
paddy357
Does Barcelona have beaches? I've only been in the city itself:redface:
Don't go to Malaga for beaches, they're un poquito skanky (the sand is a really weird grey colour that sticks to everything, and the sea is quite dirty there depending on the day).
I miss GSCEs, oh for the sweet lack of revision:smile:

Lack of revision? You haven't seen me then?

I don't know if Barcelona has beaches, but if it does, i'd be there :biggrin:
Reply 47
drsmeeth
I was asking a fair question, but feel free to take your abnormally sized head out of the 'room', if you can fit it through.

This is a Spanish Society. If you don't wish to join, please leave.
Reply 48
Jammertal
Quiero entrar en la Sociedad Espanola también. [Don't know what's 'to join' in Spanish]. He estudiado el espanol desde 3 anos, pero mi profesora no es my bien. Espero que puede mejorar mis conocimientos este verano.

[Paddy, you got the idea for this soc from the German one, didn't you?! :wink:]

Hmmm, not actually sure what 'to join' would be, maybe alistar/enrolar/inscribir:confused:
Claro que puedes alistar, espero que disfrutes en tu afiliación nueva:smile:
Hay una sociedad alemana? No lo supe :flute:
Reply 49
paddy357
Hmmm, not actually sure what 'to join' would be, maybe alistar/enrolar/inscribir:confused:
Claro que puedes alistar, espero que disfrutes en tu afiliación nueva:smile:
Hay una sociedad alemana? No lo supe :flute:

La sociedad frances? Si :biggrin:
Reply 50
brimstone
Lack of revision? You haven't seen me then?

Please, you don't need to revise for GCSE:wink: I only really revised properly for Geography and History, and History was my worst result (although that's due to having an idiot for a teacher).

La sociedad frances? Si :biggrin:

*cough* sociedad francesa *cough*:wink:
Only founding members may make mistakes, which will be intended to test the rest of you.
:ninja:
Grrr I haaaaaaaaaate revision!! Uni had better be worth it:mad:
Reply 51
paddy357
Please, you don't need to revise for GCSE:wink: I only really revised properly for Geography and History, and History was my worst result (although that's due to having an idiot for a teacher).

*cough* sociedad francesa *cough*:wink:
Only founding members may make mistakes, which will be intended to test the rest of you.
:ninja:
Grrr I haaaaaaaaaate revision!! Uni had better be worth it:mad:

Lo siento.... :frown:. Damn languages and adjectives and nouns agreeing...

I'm seriously revising for my GCSEs, especially Science, Media, Maths and languages. Edit : Saw your sig :biggrin:
Reply 52
brimstone
Lo siento.... :frown:. Damn languages and adjectives and nouns agreeing...

I'm seriously revising for my GCSEs, especially Science, Media, Maths and languages. Edit : Saw your sig :biggrin:

Noooooo you can't revise for Languages/English/Maths! Well escept for vocab/formula learning, but that's easy.
What about my sig:hmmm:
Reply 53
paddy357
Noooooo you can't revise for Languages/English/Maths! Well escept for vocab/formula learning, but that's easy.
What about my sig:hmmm:

Don't be angry. I posted asking what your GCSE grades were, but I saw them in your sig :redface:

Why can't I revise for Languages/English/Maths ? :confused:
Reply 54
brimstone
Don't be angry. I posted asking what your GCSE grades were, but I saw them in your sig :redface:

Why can't I revise for Languages/English/Maths ? :confused:

No it wasn't an angry smilie, 'twas a suspicious one. Ah, that explains.
Well because they're the kind of subjects which it is not possible to revise. I didn't even try to revise English, I just wrote out all my notes into my books (but I hear you're not allowed do that anymore).
I especially didn't revise Spanish or French, mainly because you can't revise languages. The only thing you can do is brush up on your grammar knowledge and look over some vocab. (Latin is different, but trust me you don't want to be doing Latin).
I didn't revise for Maths purely because I detested Maths and had resigned myself to scraping a C at GCSE (do not know how I got the grade I did though):redface:
But you should practise your Orals, it will give you more confidence.
Reply 55
paddy357
No it wasn't an angry smilie, 'twas a suspicious one. Ah, that explains.
Well because they're the kind of subjects which it is not possible to revise. I didn't even try to revise English, I just wrote out all my notes into my books (but I hear you're not allowed do that anymore).
I especially didn't revise Spanish or French, mainly because you can't revise languages. The only thing you can do is brush up on your grammar knowledge and look over some vocab. (Latin is different, but trust me you don't want to be doing Latin).
I didn't revise for Maths purely because I detested Maths and had resigned myself to scraping a C at GCSE (do not know how I got the grade I did though):redface:
But you should practise your Orals, it will give you more confidence.

Yeah, I've been practising my orals, but I haven't started learning any vocab yet :redface: and the exam is a month away......

I don't know how I'm gonna revise English. Might as well just fail :frown:
I have never revised for my German or Spanish exams. To be honest I don't know how! Apart from orals, of course. I've stuck little phrase-posters up around my rooms everywhere, but don't know how that'd help... I'm revising for English & Lit though. Just going through some notes for the set texts/poetry, and practicing analysing media.

brimstone, if you have msn maybe we could practice the orals online... I'm doing that for german with a friend and it's not too bad :wink:
Reply 57
brimstone
Yeah, I've been practising my orals, but I haven't started learning any vocab yet :redface: and the exam is a month away......

I don't know how I'm gonna revise English. Might as well just fail :frown:

You will not fail, anyone with half an ounce of sense can pass an English GCSE. I actually read an article recently about a study (conducted on the results of people who sat GCSEs when I did:biggrin: ) which indicates that PE, Drama, Media, English Lang, English Lit and Business Studies were the easiest to get top marks in:smile:
Spanish, French, German and Double Science were some of the hardest :proud:
And History...
Reply 58
PE - understandable. I saw a practice paper for that subject, so easy. :biggrin:. Nice to know I'm taking the harder subjects, now let's see if I can pass them decently.
Reply 59
Oi oi oi!

Can I join please? My mum is Spanish (well Majorcan, so officially Catalan dialect of Spanish) and thus she has taught I and the bro's to a semi-fluent stage. My brothers all took Spanish A level for an easy A (why didn't I? hmmm). Adam even took it as 1 of 3 - lazzzy arse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending