The Student Room Group

A-levels choice help

I will have my Tutor interview on the 29th August. I will have to bring in my GCSE results, aswell as other things. But the problem is I cant decide between my A-levels. I want to take Economics, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics but my College doesnt let me more than 4 A-levels.

So I dont know which to chose especially since that I equally prefer a Master in Physics, to Master in Chemistry, a Medicine Degree, a Bachelors in Economics and a Master in Mathematics. I dont know which subject (Bio, Chem, Phy, Econ, Maths) to drop.
well which subject d you believe you will least use in your future?
Reply 2
Difficult decision. Looking at your plans, I think that Economics or Physics might be the best to drop.

For a Medicine, Chemistry or Physics degree, they wouldn't care about Economics -- and Economics isn't actually required to study for an Economics degree either. Mathematics will be more important.

Likewise, Physics wouldn't be required for a Chemistry degree (though useful, I think most places ask for Chemistry and one other science - you'd have Biology).
Reply 3

I would look up the entry requirements for some of the unis you might consider.

To have the option of studying all of those at Oxford (since they have a nice handy table I could look these up in :wink:), you'd need chemistry, physics and maths which would leave you with not doing economics or not doing biology.
Reply 4
nikki
To have the option of studying all of those at Oxford (since they have a nice handy table I could look these up in :wink:), you'd need chemistry, physics and maths which would leave you with not doing economics or not doing biology.

True, but I think you would definitely be disadvantaged if you didn't have Biology if applying for a Medicine degree.
Reply 5
nikki
I would look up the entry requirements for some of the unis you might consider.

Do you have an electronic version of this?

It sounds handy.
Reply 6
seaspray, Economics is not required for Economics but I dont want to disadvantage myself for not taking it at A-levels. If I dropped Physics how will it become possible for me to do Physics?

unfinished sympathy
well which subject d you believe you will least use in your future?

Biology.
Reply 7
u need biology for some universities for Medicine though.
Reply 8
seaspray
True, but I think you would definitely be disadvantaged if you didn't have Biology if applying for a Medicine degree.

Quite possibly, I don't know much about applying for medicine, but you wouldn't get anywhere at all without the requirements. :smile:
Reply 9

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I decide to drop Biology so I can put my strength towards Economics (with Economics and Math A-levels) or Physics, Chemistry (I will make a formal decision in the later stages of my A-levels)
Reply 10
denzil
Do you have an electronic version of this?

It sounds handy.

Yup, it's on their website: http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/courses/enreq.shtml

Latest