The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Qub nursing intake 12/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone knew how many places there are for each branch? Also which branch did you put down for your 1st preference? (I chose mental health)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 41
i chose mental health first as well! (:
I chose Adult Nursing as my first choice. Really hope I get an interview, I hate this waiting about!
i chose childrens as my 1st :smile:
Me too :/
Reply 44
i was reading last years thread on nursing, they seemed to receive letters around the middle of feb, wich means within the next couple weeks. im so nervous. im applying from an access course! i chose mental health, adult, children, learning diss. is this anyones 2nd/3rd time applying? and do yous have any experience? I have an interview for social work on fri! so nervous :frown: xo
Reply 45
I am applying from an access course too! This is my first time applying & feel REALLY nervous. The more I read from previous years, the more nervous I get because it is sooooo competitive! I have no paid experience but I volunteer working with adults with mental illness & also have a son with autism so have some life experience. What about you? I really hope we hear soon!!
Reply 46
Original post by EmmaD123
Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone knew how many places there are for each branch? Also which branch did you put down for your 1st preference? (I chose mental health)

Sept 11 intake is 60 childrens 60 mental health 30-35 learning disability and the rest adult about 150 adult,

The intereview letters come out in alphabetical order and last about a month.
You will be asked 5 questions, my advice read, read and read some more everything you can about nursing and about your chosen branch. its the little things you say set you apart.

P.s Little button, how are you ;-) xx
Reply 47
Original post by sparkle princess
there is a part of the bursary that helps fund towards childcare up to £1200 max I think if you get in touch with queens they will give you the number to contact them there is also a link on the nursing application instructions for their website. I hope to avail of this service too. I think you can also claim certain social benefits to help suppliment your bursary too!!! Its now or never!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

your household income has to be less than £5000 or so to claim any extra above the bursery.

My hubby works full time so i get the £500 a month, same as the single childless students who live at home, and I have 2 kids xx
Reply 48
awh man alphabetical order...ill be near the last...if i get one at all..getting nervous now
Random Bird
its wee button :wink:
and am good thanks..U? xxx
QUB interview letters have started to be delivered :eek: xx
Got an interview for nursing 2day...its on 27th feb :redface:
Reply 52
omggg. sooooo scared now!!! has anyone else received interviews or rejections???? for qub!?!?
xox
Reply 53
Original post by X_weebutton_X
Got an interview for nursing 2day...its on 27th feb :redface:

Hey congrats weebutton! where are you in the alphabet? So nervous hope i get a letter soon!! what was your first choice?

Anyone else hear anything? My surname begins with a G so may be a while yet before I hear anything if they are sending the letters out alphabetically..... x
Reply 54
my surname begins with c and stil not heard anything!! xx
Reply 55
has anyone applied for magee? I have and still not heard anything from there. Have a qub social work interview today!
my last name begins with B and my first choice is childrens, dnt worry they wernt all sent out yesterday! None of my friends have got theirs either!

Nicoleio-i applied for magee too, but havent heard anything! all the best :smile:
Reply 57
Thanks for the info randombird!!
Good luck with your interview today nicoleio!!

Did anyone else get any letters today? My surname begins with D and I've received nothing yet :-( Does anyone know if they let you know if you've been unsuccessful? All this waiting is torture!!
Reply 58
emmaD,
if you have met or are going to meet the entry requirements you should get an interview,
Reply 59
Great thanks randombird!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending