The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milkytea
I guess their defence must be pretty strong, maybe it was an error of judgement to let Nordtveit go?

14 against in 23 league games ain't bad, no. He was always a good prospect, but he wanted first team football and there were too many ahead of him at the time. He doesn't actually play as a defender for Gladbach, but never mind. :tongue:
Reply 5861
Original post by milkytea
Ah. I thought I remembered reading something about him not fulfilling his potential but maybe I was thinking of somebody else.

well my source is somewhere and wiki

though this does suggest wenger didn't fight too hard to keep him

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-i-will-let-nordtveit-leave
Reply 5862
Original post by Abbadon27
Almost certainly. Gerrard was taken off early as well; I guess nobody wants to earn the anger of a club over a friendly.

surely gerrard was taken off cos he felt something. would be stupid to play just 30 mins
Original post by 419
surely gerrard was taken off cos he felt something. would be stupid to play just 30 mins

I imagine Liverpool told England to take him off if he felt anything at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Englands only hope comes on
Original post by T.Adams VI
He's rubbish.

why?
He's rubbish.

He's got 33 goals in 34 appearances this season. Hardly rubbish mate.
Kuyt/Kezman/Alfonso Alves...

need I go on?
Reply 5868
He's rubbish.

He has scored 33 in 35 appearances this season for Schalke.

Edit: Beaten to it, and it may be 34 apps actually.
(edited 12 years ago)
Apparently Gerrard felt his hamstring and that's why he was taken off. He could well miss the game against us on Saturday.
Ah, Tone comes back and shows his complete ignorance wrt football.

Bless.
Original post by Panthalic
Isn't one of ours any more, went to Gladbach last year.

I've been watching him and I really don't understand how we could have let that happen. Interestingly enough, he has now been converted from a CB to a CDM, playing infront of the two other CB's, a regular player from his team and they're playing some beautiful football. Sadly though, I don't think it'll last beyond this season, Marco Reus has already signed for Borussia Dortmund, if they don't let any of their starting eleven leave in the summer (*cough* Goetze *cough*) then they could be a serious force in Europe come next season. I just can't imagine such a talented young midfield, if only they had a world-class striker :ninja:
Huntelaar is indeed a quality player.

Felt sorry for RVP tonight, he had scraps to feed off. Also, it wasn't until watching the game tonight that I really appreciated how excellent his positioning is, always making intelligent runs 'just in case'.

Didn't watch anything after the 2-0 goal, was Huntelaar OK in the end? Looked like a hefty thump with Smalling.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Huntelaar is indeed a quality player.

Felt sorry for RVP tonight, he had scraps to feed off. Also, it wasn't until watching the game tonight that I really appreciated how excellent his positioning is, always making intelligent runs 'just in case'.

Didn't watch anything after the 2-0 goal, was Huntelaar OK in the end? Looked like a hefty thump with Smalling.

Concussed, has a broken nose and lost some teeth - other than that he's fine.
Reply 5874
Lansbury's goal was definitely an attempted cross imo.
Original post by Deshi
Lansbury's goal was definitely an attempted cross imo.

Clip a few pages back. Apparently you can hear the deflection. [sound doesn't work on this laptop]
Original post by Panthalic
Yep to both, they are no Dortmund though. :drool:

I actually rate their achievments much higher, because they don´t have as many good players as Dortmund. Last year they conceded 57! goals in 23 games, and they still have the same starting XI.
What Lucien Favre did with Gladbach is amazing, imagine what he could do with better players :eek:

Just noticed Szczesny kept a clean sheet for Poland at home to Portugal too. :yy:
Holland are just absolutely class imagine if Arsenal bought Huntelaar :sogood:
Original post by Kruz
Holland are just absolutely class imagine if Arsenal bought Huntelaar :sogood:

Huntelaar can only play as a CF, there´s just no point in buying another striker, especially considering his wages would be insane for a back up.

Latest