The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
The first one is the worst, because the machine can't be told GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND DO IT AGAIN GOD DAMN IT. You literally need to fork out more money and succumb to it's heartless robot wishes.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Going to a restaurant to realise they've altered the menu, omitting your usual, favourite dish,

OR

Ordering your favourite meal in said restaurant only to realise they've totally altered the recipe?
Reply 121
The latter. If my favourite isn't there, there's usually something else I like nearly as much, but not getting quite what you were expecting is a bit disappointing.

What's worse: tea brewed for too long or too little time?
Reply 122
Tea that's not been brewed long enough is SAD STORIES. I mean, with SUPER STRONG tea, you can just add milk/cold water to dilute it a bit, and moreover, you can just sip at it to make it last longer. Weak tea is like, "Oh, nice, WATER. HOT WATER."

What's the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Feeling your Cadbury Crunchie through the wrapper and realising it's utterly decimated,

or

Feeling your Cadbury Caramel through the wrapper and realising it's flattened and mooshed?
Reply 123
The caramel, simply because the caramel will be stick to the wrapper, which won't occur with the crunchie, though I much prefer crunchies :biggrin:

Milkshake that's too thick to go through the straw

OR

Coffee shop coffee that's too hot to drink from the hole in the top of the container?
Reply 124
The latter is worse, because it implies I've went into some pretentious Starbucks for a 5000-calories Frappa-Caramello-Latte or something. Milkshake that's too thick can just be MUNCHED!

What's the greater of two evils:

Hastily eating and burning your tongue,

or

Hastily drinking and getting EPIC BRAIN FREEZE?
Reply 125
Burning your tongue. Brain freeze goes away fairly quickly, but a tongue burn stays with you for ages, and affects everything you eat or drink.

Pizza too soggy or too dry?
Reply 126
SOGGY PIZZA. You can always add some sauce to a dry, dry pizza, but what can you do with floppy, damp pizza beside sponge-squelch it between your teeth with disgust?

What's the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Getting a JIGSAW in your Kinder Egg,

or

Not getting a Bubblegum at the end of your Screwball?
Reply 127
Not getting a Bubblegum at the end of your Screwball. The whole idea of a screwball is that your labouring through icecream with a little shovel in order to reach the ultimate goal being the bubblegum for all 2 seconds worth of flavour.

Greater of two evils:

Overcooking peas

or

Undercooking carrots.
Original post by Fusion
Not getting a Bubblegum at the end of your Screwball. The whole idea of a screwball is that your labouring through icecream with a little shovel in order to reach the ultimate goal being the bubblegum for all 2 seconds worth of flavour.

Greater of two evils:

Overcooking peas

or

Undercooking carrots.

Overcooking peas is worse. I could eat carrots raw. In fact, I'll purposely undercook them so they have a good crunch still. Whereas overcooked peas? If I wanted 'em mushy, I'd of had them like that.

Whats worse,
Expecting a Chinese takeaway but you've actually got a chinese ready meal

or

expecting an indian takeaway but you've got an indian ready meal
Reply 129
The Chinese, I'm not a fan of Indian really.

Getting the remainder of a sweet stuck in your teeth (think mint humbugs etc and the whole back teeth fiasco that occurs having crunched it)

Or

Realising you've spilt the sauce/soup of your meal down yourself
Reply 130
Ouch, those are both some pretty evil evils right there!!

I would say the sauce-spillage is worse; pretty much that's your day ruined until you go home to change (if you're anything as neurotic and OCD as me, you'll keep spying the sauce stain even if it's 1mm x 1mm with anger) where the humbug will EVENTUALLY dislodge using SALIVA POWER and INFINITE TONGUE POKE! (fnarr).

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

DRY CRUMPETS

or

DRY TOAST?
Original post by TotoMimo
Ouch, those are both some pretty evil evils right there!!

I would say the sauce-spillage is worse; pretty much that's your day ruined until you go home to change (if you're anything as neurotic and OCD as me, you'll keep spying the sauce stain even if it's 1mm x 1mm with anger) where the humbug will EVENTUALLY dislodge using SALIVA POWER and INFINITE TONGUE POKE! (fnarr).

DRY CRUMPETS

or

DRY TOAST?

DRY CRUMPETS.

I only eat dry toast.

EGG ON CHIPS OR GARLIC ON CHIPS?
Reply 132
Egg, because garlic is delicious.

What's the greater of two evils:

Looking forward all day to a particular food or drink only to find someone else got to it first

OR

Saving your favourite bit of a meal to the end only to drop it or have someone else take it?
Both awful, but the first is probably worse if you've been waiting ALL DAY for the meal.

What's worse:

Not eating your cereal quick enough so it goes all soggy in the milk

OR

Pouring a bowl of cereal to discover there's no milk left so you have to eat it dry.
Defo the first. SOGGY CEREAL SADDENS ME. Whereas I'll happily eat cereal dry.

What's worse:

going to the cinema and they don't have any sweet popcorn left

or

going to the cinema and they've got no pic an mix
Reply 135
To be honest neither would faze me; they're both absurdly overpriced. We went to go see the Hunger Games tonight (one of the most ridiculously overrated pieces of piffle I have seen in a long, LONG while by the way) and they had "VALUE DEAL: 2 Drinks and a Popcorn to Share! £9."

NINE QUID? I can get an all you can eat buffet and a couple of drinks for that!!

SOLELY because I like popcorn more than gummy sweets, I'd say popcorn shortage would be sadder... but it would make no impact to me as I would have my 900% cheaper popcorn in my bag :wink:

Someone making you laugh whilst drinking and it scoots out your nose,

OR

Someone making you laugh whilst swallowing food causing you to laugh-cough-choke?
Reply 136
Someone making you laugh whilst drinking and it scoots out your nose is worse because of the feeling of liquid in your nose.

Which is the Greatest Evil:

Ordering a fish burger and being given a chicken burger (for delivery so you can't exchange them without a lenghty delay)

OR

Ordering a delivered takeaway which forget the dips (so you have your hot food)
Reply 137
The latter is worse. With the former you can at least toe-tap, sigh loudly and hint at compensatory free food for your inconvenience whilst they prepare your ACTUAL order.

A HEALTH-FREAKIFIED COOKED BREAKFAST (WITH ONLY THE HEALTHIEST ITEMS PRESENT, NO OIL WHATSOEVER, FATTIER ITEMS REMOVED ALTOGETHER)

OR

AN OVERLY GREASY, SUPER-UNHEALTHY OILY AS HELL COOKED BREAKFAST?
Original post by TotoMimo
The latter is worse. With the former you can at least toe-tap, sigh loudly and hint at compensatory free food for your inconvenience whilst they prepare your ACTUAL order.

A HEALTH-FREAKIFIED COOKED BREAKFAST (WITH ONLY THE HEALTHIEST ITEMS PRESENT, NO OIL WHATSOEVER, FATTIER ITEMS REMOVED ALTOGETHER)

OR

AN OVERLY GREASY, SUPER-UNHEALTHY OILY AS HELL COOKED BREAKFAST?

AN OVERLY GREASY, SUPER-UNHEALTHY OILY AS HELL COOKED BREAKFAST?-Obviously,Can't stand healthy foods

GREATER OF TWO EVILS

Porridge and tomato sauce or Porridge with butter
Cold tea is awful but I don't mind flat fizzy drinks.

you have burnt the last peices of toast

or

brown bits in the banana

Quick Reply

Latest