The Student Room Group

Woodhouse College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
so if all else fails and they dont offer me a place on the waiting list i can still turn up on GCSE Results day and ask if they can offer me a place then ? A
Assuming i get my predicted Grades or even higher? (7As,3Bs+1C.)

Yeah, that's what you should do but fingers crossed you get it before then :smile:

What about the school you are going to now? Doesn't it have a sixth form and couldn't you saty there instead of going to other colleges?

And most universities don't care where you went to study because they're more intrested in your grades, extra curricular etc.
Apply to some of the colleges you don't really want to go to and see what there like, they may not be that bad after all and you may like them.

I would only advise taking a gap year if you are willing to do some serious work experience and keep up your studies (revising at home and doing extra reading) or it would have been a year wasted and you would have gotten nothing that could help you with job applications or university applications.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ThisIsSyriol
Yeah, that's what you should do but fingers crossed you get it before then :smile:

What about the school you are going to now? Doesn't it have a sixth form and couldn't you saty there instead of going to other colleges?

And most universities don't care where you went to study because they're more intrested in your grades, extra curricular etc.
Apply to some of the colleges you don't really want to go to and see what there like, they may not be that bad after all and you may like them.

I would only advise taking a gap year if you are willing to do some serious work experience and keep up your studies (revising at home and doing extra reading) or it would have been a year wasted and you would have gotten nothing that could help you with job applications or university

I currently go to a private independent school that only specifies in secondary education and does not apparently have a sixth form/college built in.
Assuming woodhouse reject me and worst case scenario I get rejected by all colleges being forced to take a gap year would you recommend I do part time
Duke of Edingburgh award (silver) +resit some GCSE so I have more time to focus on them individually to get an A*n get a higher gap + revise A level material so once I do enter college the only difference between me n the other collegues wud b they sat the exam n I haven't but in terms of knowledge I am already on their track on even ahead?

I'm just hoping wood house would god damn it give me a place the stress is killing me lmao
Reply 82
I'm hoping to go to Woodhouse this year, does anyone know if I can change one of my A Level options on enrolment day and does that mean that I'll get a place on the subject? I was going to e-mail them to ask but I already changed one option so I think I should wait till enrolment to ask them? I want to change (possibly) Psychology to Art but on my interview they advised me that I should change it.

I currently go to a private independent school that only specifies in secondary education and does not apparently have a sixth form/college built in.
Assuming woodhouse reject me and worst case scenario I get rejected by all colleges being forced to take a gap year would you recommend I do part time
Duke of Edingburgh award (silver) +resit some GCSE so I have more time to focus on them individually to get an A*n get a higher gap + revise A level material so once I do enter college the only difference between me n the other collegues wud b they sat the exam n I haven't but in terms of knowledge I am already on their track on even ahead?

I'm just hoping wood house would god damn it give me a place the stress is killing me lmao

DofE would be good and depending on what university you want to then you could do some resits but I'm assuming you're doing all you're exams this summer... there is still time to revise hard enough to get really good grades.
If you did AS revision you wouldn't be able to go straight to A2 without doing the exam so if you're going to take a gap year, you wont be able to jump straight to year 13, you'll still have to go to year 12. I mean't revise so that you still keep up your academics and so that you would still have the knowledge to do sixth form really well.
To be honest, I don't really think a gap year is a good idea just because it could put you behind but you should do whatever you think is best for you :smile:
Original post by thu_
I'm hoping to go to Woodhouse this year, does anyone know if I can change one of my A Level options on enrolment day and does that mean that I'll get a place on the subject? I was going to e-mail them to ask but I already changed one option so I think I should wait till enrolment to ask them? I want to change (possibly) Psychology to Art but on my interview they advised me that I should change it.

Did you get into Woodhouse? If you did then I've been told you can change it on enrolment day :wink:
Original post by Alvi R
Congrats on getting a place guys! Do any of you happen to know if you can re-apply to Woodhouse after a denial, if your grades have improved massively from the predicted grades they were given? If so, when can it be done?

Yeah you can on results day :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by ThisIsSyriol
Did you get into Woodhouse? If you did then I've been told you can change it on enrolment day :wink:

I got a conditional offer so I hope I can change it on enrolment :smile:
Reply 87
what day is enrollment day?
Reply 88
i have been put on the waiting list for WH and was wondering when i could expect a reply. I am predicted 2 A*s, 2 A's 4Bs and 1 C however i am more likely to get 3A*'s 3A's 2'Bs & 1 C. I want to do Physics, economics, history and either biology or maths. Any idea if this is good enough?
Original post by TaranC
i have been put on the waiting list for WH and was wondering when i could expect a reply. I am predicted 2 A*s, 2 A's 4Bs and 1 C however i am more likely to get 3A*'s 3A's 2'Bs & 1 C. I want to do Physics, economics, history and either biology or maths. Any idea if this is good enough?

I am in the same situation as you i have been put on wood-house waiting list.
I am predicted 7 As,3 Bs,1 C. -> GPA = 6.5
However i wish to do Maths, Physics, History, French.
Damn i wrote maths, physics, history, economics on my applicant.
do you think i would have any higher chance of getting in terms of competitive subjects if i call them up and swap Economics on the applicant to French?

Fml... Predicted no A*s how embarrassing :frown:
Reply 90
Has anyone got offers whilst being on the waiting list?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 91
how are everyone's gcses going anyway?~
I got an offer on Saturday
Reply 93
I got an offer today, so relieved. :smile:
Original post by fernandez134
I got an offer on Saturday

Were you in the waiting list ? If so what were your predicted grades + GPA?
:confused:
Original post by CY26
I got an offer today, so relieved. :smile:

Congrats on your offer Nice 1 ! :wink:

Were you in the waiting list for Wood House ? :s-smilie:
what subjects you doing ? :eek:
What does the offer say on the paper...Iv yet to receive 1 *Forever alone* :frown:
What were your predicted Grades + GPA if you don't mind me asking? :rolleyes:
Is the offer a conditional offer?

Quick question, when does Wood House hand out Offers to those in the waiting list.

btw u fink i hve a chance Maths, physics, history, french.
7as,3bs,1c. = gpa -> 6.55
Original post by Alvi R
What are your grades in Maths, Physics, History and French?

Maths=A.
Physics= (Double science award) A,B.
History=A/B
French=A.

I believe I probably will get "A,A" in Double science and An "A" in History I done loads of past papers for history should make up with an A* in this last unit for an A overall

*Plz Edexcel* :s-smilie:
Were you in the waiting list ? If so what were your predicted grades + GPA?
:confused:

Yeah I was on the waiting list.
Predicted grades:
Maths: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
English: A
English Language: A
Economics: A
History: A
German: A
English Literature: A
Statistics: A
R.E.: A
So GPA - 7.3 based on my predicted grades
Original post by fernandez134
Yeah I was on the waiting list.
Predicted grades:
Maths: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
English: A
English Language: A
Economics: A
History: A
German: A
English Literature: A
Statistics: A
R.E.: A
So GPA - 7.3 based on my predicted grades

I dont see the "HELL" why they did not give you a Direct Offer your grades are just jaw dropping ? :confused:
I guess woodhouse cant spot talent when they see it lmao :biggrin:
LOL Thanks, and I just handed in my acceptance form in, have to attend an introductory afternoon on July 4th.

Quick Reply

Latest