The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Victoria Point -Private Halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi,

does anyone have any pictures of the 'plus' rooms with a lounge?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
I live across the road from Victoria Point and now its finished it looks good, have made a few friends with people there and they have no complaints, if I don't find a houseshare for sept '13 after my placement I think that's where I'll be headed
Reply 42
uncomfortable mattress and paper thin walls are the biggest cons.

I would recommend living or asking to be put with UoM students, as MMU finishes earlier and then they get noisy.
Reply 43
Hey,

Is anyone moving here this september?:smile:
Hi I'm thinking of moving to Victoria point in September... has anyone got any photo's or could tell me what the size of the classic or classic plus bedrooms are please?.. And also what is the social life like here? x
Reply 45
hello ...anyone living here this year?
Reply 46
Original post by rizzl8
hello ...anyone living here this year?

I am :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by Smiile
I am :tongue:

woop...you lived here before?
Reply 48
Original post by rizzl8
woop...you lived here before?

Nope was staying at cosmo on grafton street last year but heard good things about Vp so decided to move there. Hbu?
Reply 49
Original post by Smiile
Nope was staying at cosmo on grafton street last year but heard good things about Vp so decided to move there. Hbu?

nah first time im moving out ...u got a lounge flat?
Reply 50
Original post by rizzl8
nah first time im moving out ...u got a lounge flat?

I friggin wish! :frown: Thats the only thing I dont like about Vp. Do you know who your living with and what block your in?
Reply 51
Original post by Smiile
I friggin wish! :frown: Thats the only thing I dont like about Vp. Do you know who your living with and what block your in?

i have no idea ..room 87c ...you ? did u ask for mixed? yeah im gonna request for one ..highly unlikely they will give me
Reply 52
I lived in Victoria Point 2011 -2012. I Regret it and wished I'd stayed in university halls.

First of all, the positives. The maintenance guys were good and fixed things promptly. There is underground parking in the basement.

Now the negatives. The oven was pretty basic and the hobs were those that take ages to heat up then cool down very slowly making it difficult to cook easily. The bathroom and kitchen extractor fans were poor. There were washing machines in the basement but these somehow managed to do a wash in 25 minutes and had no separate fabric conditioner dispenser.

The biggest problem was that the walls between the rooms allowed noise to transfer very easily. Even if you kept your voice down you could still be heard in the next room. The flats don't seem to have been designed for the purpose of accommodating students in individually rented rooms - there are switches on the wall in the kitchen for a dishwasher and washing machine but neither of these appliances. It seemed to me that they had been built to sell or rent as 2 bed flats with a living room but the company had decided to rent to students instead. My flatmate would often get back in the early hours of the morning. At first, I thought it was his fault for waking me up. Then I realised that it wasn't his fault, it was the very poor construction quality of the buildings that was mostly to blame. The noise from other students in other blocks at night was loud. Sometimes what would happen would be that they would make noise with loud music then get told off by the security guy when someone complained, go outside and deliberately talk loudly and shout to annoy the people who had just complained under the pretence of going outside to smoke. I could not have my window open at night and expect to sleep for very long.

There were many days that were a write off where I had to try to sleep during the morning because I hadn't been able to sleep at night.
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone living there this year? I'm thinking of applying this September, and am planning to book a viewing.
Original post by slaughterthedaises
Anyone living there this year? I'm thinking of applying this September, and am planning to book a viewing.

Hey, yeah i've just got a place at Victoria Point. It's cheap for private halls and it looks alright, might as well
Original post by Soundmate22
Hey, yeah i've just got a place at Victoria Point. It's cheap for private halls and it looks alright, might as well

I'm moving here this year, after reading the reviews I'm absolutely dreading it. :/
Reply 56
I've moved in this year. It's a really nice place, though quiet. The only problem I have is they say you can only collect mail from the office at 9:00-9:30 and 5:30-6:00, so if you get a parcel delivered in between you have to wait all day to get it. Not sure if they're legally allowed to withhold mail, but whatever.
Hello,

I am applying to live in Victoria Point this year. I was wondering about the safety of the area as its a little away from the main road. Has anyone had any problems walking home at all? Thanks
Original post by AnneEvans95
Hello,

I am applying to live in Victoria Point this year. I was wondering about the safety of the area as its a little away from the main road. Has anyone had any problems walking home at all? Thanks

Victoria point is the worst place to live, I moved out after a month. As for security nothing, they allow lads in cars to sit outside!
Original post by BrontaeSM
Victoria point is the worst place to live, I moved out after a month. As for security nothing, they allow lads in cars to sit outside!

Oh dear :/ so did you move out because you felt unsafe? Did you move into halls elsewhere in Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest