Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
F1 fanatic
Find a pic of Feynman then :p:

Think this kinda captures his spirit?

PK
Reply 61
M1N1
BTW, in case anyone hadn't noticed, I've started a poll on the logo of the society.

Shouldn't we wait until people have had a chance to find and nominate logos?
F1 fanatic
Find a pic of Feynman then :p:

http://www.feynman.com/

There's a photo archive

The only thing is though, is Feynman an instantly recognisable figure of physics that says physics to the Layman? I don't think so personally. Hence why I picked out Einstein. Personally I prefer the galaxy & plasma

Edit: remember we also have only 50x50 pixels so it has to be possible to make out what it is at that size.
Reply 64
F1 fanatic
Hence why I picked out Einstein. Personally I prefer the galaxy & plasma

Ditto
Reply 65
I've taken the liberty of moving the poll into this thread, and editing it a little to make it clearer. I hope noone minds.
F1 fanatic
The only thing is though, is Feynman an instantly recognisable figure of physics that says physics to the Layman? I don't think so personally. Hence why I picked out Einstein. Personally I prefer the galaxy & plasma

Edit: remember we also have only 50x50 pixels so it has to be possible to make out what it is at that size.

But I HATE the stereotype of the mad scientist exemplified by Einstein and every film in the last 50 years. He has put off whole generations of potentially great physicists who see physics as something involving crazy germanic guys with fly away hair.

I much prefer the cool drum playing Feynman.
teachercol
But I HATE the stereotype of the mad scientist exemplified by Einstein and every film in the last 50 years. He has put off whole generations of potentially great physicists who see physics as something involving crazy germanic guys with fly away hair.

I much prefer the cool drum playing Feynman.

I do indeed take your point... hence why I prefer the plasma/ galaxy ones. Looks pretty and says physics at the same time :cool:
Reply 68
The plasma one is my first choice. Second comes the nebula.
Reply 69
Just out of interest, what exactly happens in the physics society?
suneilr

nothing much, you can just display your physicsness with pride in the my societies thing. Its just an official "I am a physicist and proud of it" thing I guess.
F1 fanatic
nothing much, you can just display your physicsness with pride .

I want a T shirt showing my physicness.
Reply 72
suneilr

What we do is up to you. Noone's ever bothered to organise anything, but if you have a good idea...

Other than that, it is mostly, as F1F said, a badge to show we like physics :biggrin:
Reply 73
suneilr

It's simple we do what we've always done, try to takeover the world!
teachercol
I want a T shirt showing my physicness.

:biggrin:
Reply 75
F1 fanatic

:biggrin:

Excellent :cool:

I believe, however, there may be a slight error on the LHS :p:

:wink:
Reply 76
What's the error?
Reply 77
jpowell
What's the error?

There wasn't one, I was being facetious. :redface:

Seems that doesn't work on forums :frown:
Reply 78
Gah, I stared at it for a while worried that I had forgotton 1st year stuff. :biggrin:
jpowell
Gah, I stared at it for a while worried that I had forgotton 1st year stuff. :biggrin:

She got me doing that too :p:

Quick Reply

Latest