The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gLace
Snap, but I work in Homebase.

i would work at homebase, but plastic chairs scare me.
I'm pretty worried too! I want a C! For As i got a C overall which was nearly a B! so hopefully i might get a pass! I love Free will and determinism and conscience oh and life after death! I really hope environmental ethics and animal rights doesnt come up... coz i havent revised it that much!
Reply 22
amberstrudel
I'm so worried!! There's only like 5 in our class and our teachers are rubbish so i'm pretty much teaching myself tonight!! I really want religious language, body and soul or life after death to some up! I guess miracles would be ok too, but i HATE revelation and i'm not too keen on religious experience... Is anyone else doing ethics too? I've got my fingers crossed for War peace and justice and free will and dterminism or conscience to come up!!

Im in the same boat as you. Our teacher went off sick in October and we didnt get a replacement for months. Then when we finally did he didnt really bother to teach us :frown: so now I know pretty much nothing!

I want *touches wood* body soul or verification and falsification in philosophy and freewill and conscience in ethics!

Im so nervous I need a B to get into uni (considering how little I know its practically impossible)!

Good luck everyone!! :smile:
Reply 23
they didn't find a teacher for you? that sucks, but it is what happened to the health and social people at our school. The teacher got fired last year as in when they were doing their AS. They still haven't found a replacement yet, poor sods.

I hate body/soul, my dream paper would consist of miracles, religious language 2 (analogy etc...), religious experience and something else.
Woah thats bad. My teacher hasn't been in school for about 5 weeks and i thought that was bad!! Anyway, i guess what we don't know now, we never will! Good luck all!!
Reply 25
Aithne13
i would work at homebase, but plastic chairs scare me.

wtf?
Reply 26
if it makes u feel any better..... we never had a teacher the whole of AS and therefore i have mega gaps in my knowledge.
but if u look at past papers and all the most likely tops that are 2 come up
appear to be scripture, life after death-problem of evil,verification falsificaltion, religious language (myth most likely)
Reply 27
Lots of people want the same thing to come up, so if we all do **** they lower the grade bounderies.
Reply 28
they lower the grade boundaries if we all to crap? haha brill....
btw..
my teacher has given us the exam questions for the last 8 papers. of the 8 religious language as come up EVERYTIME as one of the four question choices =)
skipped out learning it though, coz i just despiseeeee it.
Reply 30
yea my teacher said the only one that hasnt come up as frequently is myths and therefore theres a very high likelyhood it will come up.
Reply 31
i'm quite confused on wat will come out with a a day with one of the pple who used to write the papers i think he still does and he edited the ocr philosophy and ethics book anyway he basically said we should check all the past question papers from 2005
in ethics he taught us environmental ethics and conscience, philosophy just a blur hmm i am leaving religious language as i dont have the time and energy in reading something thats is very unnecessary and in ethics i am not reading environmental ethics quite frustrating to read everything i am ok on but anyway lets see wat will happen
adorkable
Im in the same boat as you. Our teacher went off sick in October and we didnt get a replacement for months. Then when we finally did he didnt really bother to teach us :frown: so now I know pretty much nothing!

I want *touches wood* body soul or verification and falsification in philosophy and freewill and conscience in ethics!

Im so nervous I need a B to get into uni (considering how little I know its practically impossible)!

Good luck everyone!! :smile:

My teachers have been there but we had three last year and only two this year to teach the five of us and we've basically just chatted all the way thru our classes with one teacher (who is lovely but on retrospect i wish we'd worked...) and then the other teacher just winds me up so I've been sinking in my chair in despair for every class.

Oh- plus we haven't studied connections because we didn't finish the course before study leave and i've been too busy to go in as i'm doing 4 A levels. Therefore, i don't need R.S. anyway.

Would be good not to fail tho...
hdj
they lower the grade boundaries if we all to crap? haha brill....

Actually I read the examiners report and it seems people do badly every year becauser they just write everything they know about the topic.

I hope scripture and rel laguage come up as they are quite easy. Don't mind a body/soul one but I won't finish on time :rolleyes:
Hey everyone!!! Its over yey!!!!!!!!!!! How did everyone find it? What questions did you dooo?
Omgosh!!!! YAAAAAY! I thought philosophy was ok but ethics was quite horrible...

Philos I did:
-the one about scriptures not revealing God
-the one about the body/soul distinction (GEM OF A QUESTION!! imo!) XXX
Reply 36
philosophy was horrible!

my Judaism on the other hand .... was ok i suppose.
Reply 37
Anyone do the question on "ressurection" and if soooo what do you write???
our class started writing about life after death...if it doesnt exist we cant believe in ressurection... but then we got out and our teacher said it was miracles!!! What hume says about then and whether we could say the ressurection was a miraculous event!
:frown:
Huuuh? I didn't do the question but i would definitely say it was just a bog standard life after death question. I did the body/soul one (epic question, LOVED it) and the myth ones for philosophy and the free will and conscience ones for ethics. Pretty standard i'd say, hopefully i didn't do too badly!! hah
Reply 39
yeah i did the body/soul one!! wouldave prefered a reli general one like discuss body and soul haah but still good , and did the free will and conscience one for ethics too verrry pleased with the ethics questions! :biggrin:

xxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending