The Student Room Group

Got an OJE & Interview with McDonalds

What can I expect? Has anyone had past recent experiences in doing one of these?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IM working there now.

Take my advice. Don't work there. It is the worst job I have ever had and I can't wait to get out - the "rumours" are true to an extent. Its dehumanising, repetitive. You are basically expected to run around for 10 hours.

The whole place runs on the idea that managers are "better than you" as a person and you have no rights other than those gaven to you by the law. Its awful. It may take a while, but look somewhere else.

If you must know though...

The On the Job Experience was basically me walking around "interacting" fakely with the cattle...err, I mean customers, cleaning some tables and thats it. Some times your on tills for 10 mins or less or something instead.

The interview is an easy joke.

Just dont do it.
adamscybot
IM working there now.

Take my advice. Don't work there. It is the worst job I have ever had and I can't wait to get out - the "rumours" are true to an extent. Its dehumanising, repetitive. You are basically expected to run around for 10 hours.

The whole place runs on the idea that managers are "better than you" as a person and you have no rights other than those gaven to you by the law. Its awful. It may take a while, but look somewhere else.

If you must know though...

The On the Job Experience was basically me walking around "interacting" fakely with the cattle...err, I mean customers, cleaning some tables and thats it. Some times your on tills for 10 mins or less or something instead.

The interview is an easy joke.

Just dont do it.

Oh Shut up, if he wants the job there let him have it. People have different opinions, i love working there. On my OJE i was on the drive thru handing food out the interview was easy also.
Reply 3
CaptainDale
Oh Shut up, if he wants the job there let him have it. People have different opinions, i love working there. On my OJE i was on the drive thru handing food out the interview was easy also.

I am not surprised you love it. There are DEFINETLY good McDonalds and bad ones. Yours is obviously a good one.

I suppose its your choice wether you take the risk.
Reply 4
CaptainDale

Well no where else are recruiting so I have to take this job if they offer. I tried Sainsburys but I got rejected after the interview. The people who interviewed me were OK people but someone else marked the paper I think and he/she must've been a complete ******. I'm not a dumb-brain. I'm like called the brains of the family lol. I think I got the question that was based on "initiative" wrong. Oh well. McDonalds is a job in the end of the day. Hopefully, the hours are good as I don't drive. Only 16. Nearly 17 though and hoping to get driving.
Reply 5
KevinKevin
Well no where else are recruiting so I have to take this job if they offer. I tried Sainsburys but I got rejected after the interview. The people who interviewed me were OK people but someone else marked the paper I think and he/she must've been a complete ******. I'm not a dumb-brain. I'm like called the brains of the family lol. I think I got the question that was based on "initiative" wrong. Oh well. McDonalds is a job in the end of the day. Hopefully, the hours are good as I don't drive. Only 16. Nearly 17 though and hoping to get driving.

McDs is the most flexible place there is to work whilst still at school/uni/college :biggrin: oh and regarding the OJE you could be lucky like me and not have to do one! :yep: It's really nothing to worry about though!:smile:
Good Luck :smile:
The work may be crap, but I've met some awesome people there and the hours are very flexible.

Anyway, my interview was a piece of piss and I didn't have an OJE.

Good luck! :cool:
Reply 7
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
The work may be crap, but I've met some awesome people there and the hours are very flexible.

Anyway, my interview was a piece of piss and I didn't have an OJE.

Good luck! :cool:

What type of questions are asked?
Reply 8
KevinKevin

Standard, what do you do in your spare time. Why do you want to work here. What you would expect questions.
in their website, when it says "hrs of work :15" for example, do they mean i have to work 15 hrs, or thats just the maximum
gunners r us
in their website, when it says "hrs of work :15" for example, do they mean i have to work 15 hrs, or thats just the maximum

Maybe meens you'll be working 15 hours a week....
KevinKevin

I just got asked stuff about my application. Tbh, the manager that interviewed me didn't seem like he could be bothered lol. :p:
Reply 12
I have an OJE/Interview on Friday at my local McDonalds (of the 5 :wink:).. It's been arranged since the 2nd of September, been waiting a while..
Reply 13
What was it like?
Reply 14
It's not till Friday I said, if you was talking to me. :p:
Reply 15
I was talking to you lol. Shows how bad sometimes I read. I read too fast. I thought you said you had the OJE last Friday lmao.
Reply 16
Heh, when's yours? I'll let you know how mine goes on Friday though if you want. :p:
Reply 17
Mines tomorrow morning lmao. So I'll let you know how I got along. It's only 30 minutes long - according to the e-mail. First you do the OJE then the interview.
Take no notice of the first reply. I love my job at Mcdonalds and I believe it is what you make it.

Regarding the OJE, they just see how you are interacting with customers by doing simple tasks like handing the food over to them or giving out balloons to kids. IMO if they've called you back for an OJE/interview then you have a good chance. Aslong as you remember to fix a permanent smile on your face, you'll be fine :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 19
KevinKevin
Mines tomorrow morning lmao. So I'll let you know how I got along. It's only 30 minutes long - according to the e-mail. First you do the OJE then the interview.

Yeah, I still got my e-mail. :p:

Email from McDonalds
Dear Joshua

Well done you have made it through to the next stage!

We’d like you to come for an On Job Evaluation (OJE) and an interview.
This will give you a chance to see what it’s really like at McDonald’s by working in a restaurant.

The OJE will take approximately 15 minutes and you will be given full instruction on what you will have to do.

After that, you will have an interview with one of our Business Managers, which will also take about 15 minutes. We’re sure you’ll find the OJE really interesting and a great opportunity to see what it feels like to work at McDonald’s.

We’ve booked you in to attend your OJE/Interview on:

<SNIPPED>

Cut the rest of the email out, should be fun. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest