The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Course decision help needed.

Little help needed.

Went to another Uni to do Psychology and they lumped my with Philosophy and French. Felt it spread me too thin and I generally hated the course so left after the first year.

I'm now looking to go back to Uni, to Stirling this time. I've got 3 unconditionals in Accounting, Accounting and Finance and Accounting and Sports Science.

I could go with just accounting if i didn't want to spread myself too thin or go with either of the other two. I do have a strong interest in Sports Science but from a career point of view would the one with Finance be better?

Any help would be appreciated from anyone thats done the courses at Stirling or just the course in general.

Cheers in advance.
Reply 1
Im studying at Stirling just now and it is so flexible it really wouldn't matter what you take. What you accept will only influence your core modules for first year but even then it is easy enough to change that if you are not happy with it. If you only pick accounting then that will be your only core module so you would need to pick another 2, and the accounting and Finance would be the same i would imagine because the courses are so closely linked. If you picked Accounting and Sports Science then you would have to do accounting, sport studies and maybe a biology related module but as i said they are all easy enough to get changed if you werent enjoying them. hope this helps
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by JAlexander91
Little help needed.

Went to another Uni to do Psychology and they lumped my with Philosophy and French. Felt it spread me too thin and I generally hated the course so left after the first year.

I'm now looking to go back to Uni, to Stirling this time. I've got 3 unconditionals in Accounting, Accounting and Finance and Accounting and Sports Science.

I could go with just accounting if i didn't want to spread myself too thin or go with either of the other two. I do have a strong interest in Sports Science but from a career point of view would the one with Finance be better?

Any help would be appreciated from anyone thats done the courses at Stirling or just the course in general.

Cheers in advance.

I do accountancy here and my friend does accountancy and finance. If you want to pick between the two of them then think do you want to do a dissertation or just exams? Accountancy has a dissertation at the end whereas accounting and finanace doesn't.

As for the actual courses... I was dreadfully bored in first year and second year as it's all just higher level accountancy with a bit of standard grade business management thrown in and some open-book law for fun. Third year was dreadfully difficult and I've hated all of the finance modules I've done. Fourth year was pretty easy - I didn't work too hard last semester and got very good grades, however I am struggling to motivate myself to work on my dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending