The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Two weeeks at Superdrug.
I did two weeks in WH Smith; I still remember the security codes, in fact I wonder if they've changed them since then...
I worked in an ICT educational facility called eLearning@Luton, where they provided resources to local students for use in IT, media and musical projects.
Reply 363
Original post by Dee Leigh
Two weeeks at Superdrug.

sounds good
Original post by hbk4894
sounds good

It was a bit boring but I learned a lot.
At a sex shop xD Serously! no joke- well a sex advisor morel ike xD
The gift shop in my local hospital. I essentially spent a week helping old ladies stack packets of mints on shelves. However, I was occasionally allowed some chocolate for free! :smile:
Reply 367
Original post by ssargithan
At a sex shop xD Serously! no joke- well a sex advisor morel ike xD

lol
Reply 368
I did my work experience at MKOne. When I say "work", I mean sitting on the changing room for 2 weeks.

I can still remember the code for the back office. 20147 (I can say this because the chain has since disappeared and replaced with a Mickey Mouse apple store).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 369
still might be doing work experience next year?
Reply 370
2 weeks at a hospice.
Reply 371
Week at BAE Typhoon Training Facilities with my Dad. Just got to fly a typhoon sim most of the day, learning jet controls, etc. and eat and read. Best EVAR.
Reply 372
I went to Iceland. :cool: God the stick I got at school.... :facepalm:
Reply 373
I didn't, I went on holiday instead.
Reply 374
Year 11, spent a week at Big Pit. Was bloody awesome, spent the time drinking tea, brazing, cutting with gas axes, and finding out about mining stuff (might sound sad, but loved it!).
Year 12, a week with the Army with a few mates. Got to learn about vehicles, change wheels, go in the Land Rover Wolf, strip a rifle and assemble it, drink tons of tea, and play WarBlade (kick ass computer game).

So yeah, I was pretty lucky :smile:
in year 10- 1 week at specsavers and the next at the Body Shop:biggrin:
this year I'm at a chemist every other weds afternoon*yawn*
Reply 376
hoping to do work experience next year.
A primary school :') I also did some at the IPPR North.
Reply 378
2 weeks in a law firm.

Made me realise, I didn't want to be a lawyer lol.
Admissions department at one of my local unis. Dad set me up, he worked in that dept for years as well as lecturing. I went to a meeting about admissions databases, entered GCSE grades for crap students onto the database & played with muppets figurines.

Quick Reply

Latest