The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
what a **** episode. cant believe i actually got excited.

they need to stop with ruining barney. its evident theyre setting him up for a major heartbreak

Lol what? If anything it's becoming painfully obvious that the beginning of season 6 is to do with Barney's wedding with Karma.
This episode was just bad. Very few funny moments, even Barney was just boring. And the Robin... thing (no spoilers) was just ridiculous. They could've at least come up with something more realistic. It was a pain to watch this episode. :/
Original post by RabbitCFH
This episode was just bad. Very few funny moments, even Barney was just boring. And the Robin... thing (no spoilers) was just ridiculous. They could've at least come up with something more realistic. It was a pain to watch this episode. :/

Yeah, and people don't suddenly become cult heroes by successfully landing a helicopter. Though it may help people to take note since she is on national television.

Meh I dunno, was a weird episode anyway.
Reply 723
Don't really know how anyone could rate this show anymore tbh. At the beginning of this season things really started to look up but now, its all a bit ****
(edited 11 years ago)
The last episode was better but still, not nearly as good as the first half of the season.

Spoiler

This season has been destroyed by its schedule. Something like breaks of 4 weeks, four breaks of 3 weeks and 3 breaks of two weeks. There's no continuity to it all and that doesn't help.

That said, i've come to find myself bored with it over the last few seasons and frustrated with, well, nothing much happening. There's been some character development with Barney changing and Marshall lilly preparing for parenthood, but it isn't enough and the quality of the episodes taken outide of those arcs just aint high enough.

And I ****ing hate Lilly. I mean, I ****ing HATE Lilly. What a pointless, fickle little twerp she is. And Ted's a bell-end too. I'd like to stop watching this show but i've invested 7 seasons of my life into it and like a gambler down to his last few pounds i'm going to keep feeding it in, in the hope it pays out. It won't though, will it.

Sad. I am a sad case.
(edited 11 years ago)
How many ****ing times is Ted going to fall in love with Robin??? We know they aren't getting together so stop doing this bull****.
Original post by ThaChronic
How many ****ing times is Ted going to fall in love with Robin??? We know they aren't getting together so stop doing this bull****.

Good news is shouldn't be too long. Barney's getting married soon and since Ted meets the 'mother' there then Robin will be out of the picture so to speak.
Original post by alexs2602
Good news is shouldn't be too long. Barney's getting married soon and since Ted meets the 'mother' there then Robin will be out of the picture so to speak.

True, there is going to be a double episode on the 14th with Lily having the baby and I think in one of them Barney will propose to his girlfriend because didn't she say she would stop stripping once she got married? And he is desperate to stop her stripping.
True, there is going to be a double episode on the 14th with Lily having the baby and I think in one of them Barney will propose to his girlfriend because didn't she say she would stop stripping once she got married? And he is desperate to stop her stripping.

According to what I've read we'll find out who he marries. Ted was called to see the bride in the first ep of the season so at a guess we'll see who he talks to.
Original post by Mister Dead
This season has been destroyed by its schedule. Something like breaks of 4 weeks, four breaks of 3 weeks and 3 breaks of two weeks. There's no continuity to it all and that doesn't help.

That said, i've come to find myself bored with it over the last few seasons and frustrated with, well, nothing much happening. There's been some character development with Barney changing and Marshall lilly preparing for parenthood, but it isn't enough and the quality of the episodes taken outide of those arcs just aint high enough.

And I ****ing hate Lilly. I mean, I ****ing HATE Lilly. What a pointless, fickle little twerp she is. And Ted's a bell-end too. I'd like to stop watching this show but i've invested 7 seasons of my life into it and like a gambler down to his last few pounds i'm going to keep feeding it in, in the hope it pays out. It won't though, will it.

Sad. I am a sad case.

Don't worry. You aren't the only one... :sad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 731
Original post by Mister Dead

Sad. I am a sad case.

I'd bet in saying that this is probably the case with nearly half the people who watch the show.

Until he does her up the bum I presume :holmes:
Anyone seen the finale?

Spoiler

Original post by Karma Charger
Anyone seen the finale?

Spoiler

Same
Reply 734
Watching E23 atm. So tediously annonying.
Original post by Karma Charger
Anyone seen the finale?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Serentonin

Spoiler

True story.

Spoiler

that was utter, utter rubbish and I reckon it's a good time for me to just drop the show, walk away, then read wikipedia in a few years.

totally laugh free, terrible script, awful succession of sub family guy callbacks and new clip cut aways, hopelessly unrealistic situations MARSHALL DRUNK IS SO and TED HAS TO SHOUT ALL HIS LINES because he's actually really, really, dull and unfunny and not really even likable and frankly, by now, who cares who he marries, the poor cow. Oh and Lilly had a baby. She's still an idiot and a tedious bore she's stilll nowhere near good enough for marshall. SHE is the reacher and MARSHALL is the settler here. Anyway, baby trope, yawn.

haha misdirection... we fooled you. Right, good one, half-time change...but it really only works when you actually really care and for me it's just too late for that. They've let the central concept drag on so long that it's polluted the show and overshadowed the development of what might have been a half-decent set of characters. Is it really too much to hope for that for a short run of episodes we might not have to put up with this now absurd Barney/Robin/Ted love triangle. I mean, who would even be friends in that situation, really, eww, constantly trying to fall in love with or screw or have kids with each other.

I really can't find much if anything positive to say about it. Time to go. Plenty of other great telly to watch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 739
I still like the show.

It has definitely dropped in quality and there have been some very poor episodes (the trilogy) but overall it's still great.
The beginning of this season was the best in a while, the fact they added emotion to the script made it all that better.

To be honest I got so caught up in today's episode I was expecting it to be

Spoiler

I for one will still be watching next series.

Quick Reply