The Student Room Group

Worried I filled in my exam wrongly...

Today I sat an exam, which I did really well on, but I'm worried I filled in the front page wrongly.

Basically the front page had two columns "Section" and "Question Chosen." The section part was already filled in as "A B B", as the exam has two sections "A" and "B", where section B has two questions. But I feel I filled in the "Question Chosen" section wrongly as I put "A2", "B1" and "B3" in this column, whereas I spotted at the end most people just put the number in the column e.g. "2", "1" and "3."

This has made me kinda worried, as I don't want my paper to not be given a grade because filled in the front page wrongly, especially as I did so well on it. Does anyone know anything about how papers are marked? Will they just correct this themselves, or is done by a computer?

If your confused by what I've said, the paper I'm referring to is here: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/papers/s10-1294-01.pdf
Reply 1
Original post by Onion man
Today I sat an exam, which I did really well on, but I'm worried I filled in the front page wrongly.

Basically the front page had two columns "Section" and "Question Chosen." The section part was already filled in as "A B B", as the exam has two sections "A" and "B", where section B has two questions. But I feel I filled in the "Question Chosen" section wrongly as I put "A2", "B1" and "B3" in this column, whereas I spotted at the end most people just put the number in the column e.g. "2", "1" and "3."

This has made me kinda worried, as I don't want my paper to not be given a grade because filled in the front page wrongly, especially as I did so well on it. Does anyone know anything about how papers are marked? Will they just correct this themselves, or is done by a computer?

If your confused by what I've said, the paper I'm referring to is here: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/papers/s10-1294-01.pdf

This happened to my friend last year, but don't worry! My teacher is an examiner and he said that loads of people fill the questions in wrong... He said that it's pretty easy for him to work out what one the student was answering. But just to be sure, go speak to your teacher or exams officer to double check! Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I honestly think it will be fine, the examiners will still know what questions you are referring to, give them some credit :P
Reply 3
I'm not sure they'll be able to work this one out...you gave them TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

I think you'll be fine.
Reply 4
I think I didn't actually fill out the 'questions answered' section on some of my papers. Whoops :tongue: I'm sure whoever is marking the papers is probably smart enough to work out what questions are being answered, especially if you wrote them in the margins at the start of each question!
Reply 5
Original post by kittyb99
I think I didn't actually fill out the 'questions answered' section on some of my papers. Whoops :tongue: I'm sure whoever is marking the papers is probably smart enough to work out what questions are being answered, especially if you wrote them in the margins at the start of each question!

Yeah I know, but everyone talks about computers marking papers and stuff nowadays, kinda makes me worried some error will occur in that area. Obviously I know the main marking is done by an examiner.
Pretty sure I've incorrectly filled out/missed information off the front of papers. When the examiner gets a big stack, I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out, don't worry about it. :smile:

I highly doubt any examiner would give you zero for an accident on the front page.
Reply 7
Yeah I know, but everyone talks about computers marking papers and stuff nowadays, kinda makes me worried some error will occur in that area. Obviously I know the main marking is done by an examiner.

Honestly, I'm sure if the computer fails to read it or finds an error, it beeps, flashes a red light, or whatever, then someone come over and manually enters the data. They won't simply bin your paper :tongue: As you said, the actual questions are marked by a human, so presumably they would amend the cover sheet. Worry not, all shall be fine :smile:
Reply 8
Last year I did a psychology paper-one section had about 10 different questions (you had to do them all) and I forgot to write the question numbers. Few months later I needed my script back-all the questions were marked and the examiner even wrote the question numbers in!
Reply 9

I sat the same media paper and put A2, B1 and B3, everyone else at the end said they filled it in the same so it should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply