The Student Room Group

Past questions Psychology A aqa Jan 08

Understanding that anxiety came up for psychopathology, which is gud as that came up before, n i hate that- i ent gonna revise alot for it.
but what im really struggling on in the issues.
how ill get my head round it ill never know.

pls, does ne1 know what came up for the issues question (gender bias/culture/ethics...) in january 2008. and does anyone have any predictions on what they think th june questions wil b?

steve...
Reply 1
villa_boi_steve
Understanding that anxiety came up for psychopathology, which is gud as that came up before, n i hate that- i ent gonna revise alot for it.
but what im really struggling on in the issues.
how ill get my head round it ill never know.

pls, does ne1 know what came up for the issues question (gender bias/culture/ethics...) in january 2008. and does anyone have any predictions on what they think th june questions wil b?

steve...

The issues are about general synopticity of the entire course. But I understand there are four issues (gender bias, cultural bias, ethical issues, and use of non-human animals). My teacher has only taught us ethical issues and non-human animals, so I presume you can get away with only knowing 2 out of the 4 issues.

The only thing that will get you through is the fact that they can literally only ask you the same(ish) essay title each year, so just practice writing one essay up and you'll be able to get a good mark. You can find past papers on the AQA website, they are also very good for mark schemes.
thank u :wink:
Reply 3
any chance you know where to find past paper questions for psychology aqa B for jan 08?
Reply 4
IVE GOT HOLD OF BOTH PYA4 AND PYA5 EXAM PAPERS

HERE ARE THE Q'S

SECTION A - SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY

1) OUTLINE & EVALUATE ONE OR MORE THEORIES OF ORIGINS OF PREJUDICE (24 MARKS)

2) DISCUSS RESEARCH INTO 'UNDERSTUDIED RELATIONSHIPS' I.E. GAY/LESBIAN RELATIONS & MEDIATED (INTERNET/TEXT) RELATIONS (24MRKS)

3A)OUTLINE 2 SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL THEORIES OF AGGRESSION E.G. SOCIAL LEARNING THEORY/DEINDIVIDUATION (12MARKS)
3B) EVALUATE ONE OF THE THEORIES OF AGGRESSION THAT YOU HAVE OUTLINED IN PART A (12MARKS)

SECTION B- PHYSIOLOGICAL PSYCHOLOGY

4)DISCUSS ORGANISATION OF LANGUAGE IN THE BRAIN (24 MARKS)

5)DISCUSS RESEARCH RELATING TO THE NATURE OF DREAMS (24 MARKS)

6)OUTLINE AND EVALUATE ONE OR MORE THEORIES OF MOTIVATION (24MARKS)

SECTION C- COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY

7)DISCUSS EXPLANATIONS OF PATTERN RECOGNITION (E.G. TEMPLATE AND FEATURE DETECTION THEORIES) (24MARKS)

8)WITH REFERENCE TO EXPLANATIONS OF PERCEPTUAL DEVELOMENT DISCUSS NATURE/NURTURE DEBATE (24MARKS)

9)DESCRIBE AND EVALUATE RESEARCH INTO PROBLEM SOLVING (24MARKS)

SECTION D- DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY

10A)OTULINE 2 THEORIES OF COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT (12MARKS)
10B)EVALUATE ONE OF THE THEORIES OF COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT THAT YOU HAVE OUTLINED IN PART A (12MARKS)

11)DISCUSS EXPLANATIONS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF GENDER IDENTITY/GENDER ROLES (24MARKS)

12)DISCUSS ONE OR MORE EXPLANATIONS OF ADJUSTMENT TO OLD AGE (E.G.SOCIAL DISENGAGEMENT THEORY).

SECTION E- COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY

13)DISCUSS ONE OR MORE EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATIONS OF THE BEHAVIOUR OF NON HUMAN ANIMALS (24 MARKS)

14)OUTLINE AND EVALUATE THE USE OF TWO OR MORE SIGNALLING SYSTEMS IN NON HUMANS (24 MARKS)

15A) OUTLINE AND EVALUATE ONE OR MORE EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATIONS OF DEPRESSION (12MARKS)
15B)OUTLINE AND EVALUATE ONE OR MORE EVOLUTIONARY EXPLANATIONS OF ANXIETY DISORDERS (12MARKS)

HOPE THAT HELPS YOU GUYS WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK IN EXAMS

XX
Reply 5
hey - do you have the pya5 questions then? is there any chance you could post them?

Latest

Trending

Trending