The Student Room Group

A level ICT or Business studies? & related work experience.

I am currently doing maths, biology and accounting. Should i choose business studies or ict. I need a subject i can pass but also is preffered (i am ready to put the work in). What are both subjects like, i did business studies at GCSE and got a B so it was ok.

Also i am think of doing a management combined course at uni, so if you can advise me on what type and where i can get work experience then that will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.
ICT is long. I've just done my AS in it, its long, I'm talking about the coursework component mainly.
Business which I also do is alright.
Why not try economics or business or politics?
Reply 2
I did A Level Business Studies personally I found the subject quite straight forward
ict had loads of coursework, business has none. :smile:
although the people in my business class say it is nothing like gcse business, and the teacher says people generally do better at a-level business if they haven't studied it before.
Reply 4
my_anon
I am currently doing maths, biology and accounting. Should i choose business studies or ict. I need a subject i can pass but also is preffered (i am ready to put the work in). What are both subjects like, i did business studies at GCSE and got a B so it was ok.

Also i am think of doing a management combined course at uni, so if you can advise me on what type and where i can get work experience then that will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I did AS Business Studies in my 1st year and hated it so ended up dropping it. This is my view though, I know people who did AS Business and loved it!
I did A Level ICT and enjoyed the subject. I found I was motivated in the subject however sometimes the amount of coursework along with the rest of my A Levels stressed me out and put me down a bit. There is a lot of cousework involved with ICT, however this can be a good thing for people!
If you want ICT work experience then why not contact a local PC World or something similar to that. I was going to get a part time job along with my A Levels there but did not in the end! :smile:

Latest