The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
.X.alysha.X.
NTU Online Workspace. Has anyone else used this yet? Untill this morning I hadn't heard of it, but as I joined a group for my course on facebook, I got a message passed down from a lecturer with a link to this which gives you information on your course, handy books to get, other students on the course, staff, emailing system and timetable when its publised etc. and I have just been given a task to complete for my first tutorial! :eek:

How do you get on this,. Can you send me the link please
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 3
I logged into this just now and they're not much on it... I dont really understand it lol but on the timetable sector theres nothing there so I guess it's just not been updated yet. Boring :frown:
Reply 4
ye jus logged on it aswell and it was empty... //
Reply 5
SashaZoe
I logged into this just now and they're not much on it... I dont really understand it lol but on the timetable sector theres nothing there so I guess it's just not been updated yet. Boring :frown:

Hey yeah I haven't got my timetable yet :frown: But I know for my course (Psychology with Sociology) it has books to buy and a task that needs to be completed, so I suppose it depends on what course you are doing to how much info. is on there at the moment
Reply 6
How many days per week, do people usually have lectures?
Reply 7
I hope they'll send me a letter on things that i'll have to buy for my course (architecture) cause i dont want to role up empty handed lol
Reply 8
haha thanks anyway :smile: nay, it's just so just i can get the parentals to pay for it before i go :wink: :P
Reply 9
learn to love that bloody NOW you will be hearing a lot of it. you will be checking it everyday too.

timetables, assignments, projects, tutors, lecture notes, library, email, etc. are all on there.

its a new system too so it will be buggy but i think they sorted most of the major ones out.
Reply 10
pretty neat find, thanks a lot for sharing this, got one suggested book to read through and a lot of online tutorials for me to dive into :tongue:
Reply 11
Where do you see if you have assignments etc and book lists cant see anything for me :frown:
Reply 12
joshchilds
Where do you see if you have assignments etc and book lists cant see anything for me :frown:

Well for me I had a heading link on my home page written by a lecturer from my course, who just gave some info about the course and said he had set up a forum for us, and if we wanted to ask anything to email him and then gave us a task... then there was also a link called 'Content' with books and info etc.

So there should be a link on your home page, if not, try 'content'

But I think it depends on whether your course has bothered to put anything up because it seems as though some peoples profiles are fuller than others.
Reply 13
SashaZoe
I hope they'll send me a letter on things that i'll have to buy for my course (architecture) cause i dont want to role up empty handed lol

They won't.

Books to buy if I was you:

Architects Pocketbook - by C.Baden-Powell
^ You'll need this more than you imagine. Buy it, its cheap.

Don't buy any others really, use the library.
Check out books by Francis D Ching on drawing techniques.
Check out Chudley books for construction detailing.

Buy a scale ruler, and make sure its an Architectural one.
Set square, Rotring Pens are cool, but expensive.

Also, if you have chance, brush up on Photoshop/AutoCAD.

Any questions let me know. I'll be 4th year Architectural Tech in October.
Reply 14
Dav'
They won't.

Books to buy if I was you:

Architects Pocketbook - by C.Baden-Powell
^ You'll need this more than you imagine. Buy it, its cheap.

Don't buy any others really, use the library.
Check out books by Francis D Ching on drawing techniques.
Check out Chudley books for construction detailing.

Buy a scale ruler, and make sure its an Architectural one.
Set square, Rotring Pens are cool, but expensive.

Also, if you have chance, brush up on Photoshop/AutoCAD.

Any questions let me know. I'll be 4th year Architectural Tech in October.

Ahh thanks so much! I just have no idea what to expect! :smile: Thank a lot for that :smile: are you enjoying it?
Ahhh no books in the reading list for me..
Also, before I begin adding people from the classlist on facebook. Are they all freshers or are some in the middle of the course because there is a massive list!!

Latest

Trending

Trending