The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Hannah229
I'm applying for student finance for this academic year 2010/2011 but I haven't had any offers from my chosen uni's so far and this year you don't have a first choice. Do you have to wait until you know which uni you're definatly going to, to apply?

I'm really confused :frown:

Orrr, do you put what you believe is your first choice and if you don't get in, ring them and they change the university details?

Please helpp! :/

Wait til you know what your firm is. Last year it was a big hassle to get them to change details with the change of circumstances forms, it took some people aaages!
Dirks
Hey,

So my Student Finance has been sitting as "Approved" for two weeks now, but there are still no payment listed, and no schedule has been posted. Anyone know if this this normal?

I tried phoning SFE last week, and the only answer was that "It should get sent out soon".

Very normal. You'll get a provisional notice soon shortly and then a final notification just before you go to Uni.
Reply 2002
Anyone not applied? and does your college/sixth form inform you when to apply?
Why isn't my Allias ID working so i can put my parents financial details in! IT keeps saying your allias id is wrong (which it isn't)!! so annoyinggg! has anyone had the same problem???
Both of my courses require a year abroad but one I can optionally choose work placement as a teaching assistant but it's not certain I'll get it. The other has no optional work palcement so od I put full time undergraduate or sandwich course? :s-smilie:

Does anyone know when the Chinese course in NEWCASTLE uni ends or courses generally end? I mean the month
OhYumMilk
Both of my courses require a year abroad but one I can optionally choose work placement as a teaching assistant but it's not certain I'll get it. The other has no optional work palcement so od I put full time undergraduate or sandwich course? :s-smilie:

Does anyone know when the Chinese course in NEWCASTLE uni ends or courses generally end? I mean the month

The first bit... I'd say put it down as full time undergraduate, and if you do get a work placement you can inform them when it comes to that time (in a year or two's time).

And, in general, full time courses can be put down as ending in June of the final year. (Newcastle University Term Dates)
Don't forget to apply for your next year's funding. You can do it now. More time for SFE to mess up ready for Sept.
BigDave56
Don't forget to apply for your next year's funding. You can do it now. More time for SFE to mess up ready for Sept.

Yeah its good to do it early. Did mine Friday and its now assessed awaiting signature (thats income assessed as well). Normally have had to wait weeks for it to get to that stage.
Reply 2008
Starting in March :biggrin:
Ok quick question ... on the student finance form the qustion that relates to HNC HND and Dip HE this is referring to to you are studying a Access Diploma programme yes the Dip HE want to make sure ive filled that in correct before i hit submit :smile:
jojospacemunky
Ok quick question ... on the student finance form the qustion that relates to HNC HND and Dip HE this is referring to to you are studying a Access Diploma programme yes the Dip HE want to make sure ive filled that in correct before i hit submit :smile:

Can you say that in English please?
ASCIIcipher
Can you say that in English please?

I thought it was in English LOLZ

There is a question on the student finance application which relates to HND HNC and Dip HE

The Dip HE part is referring to studying a Diploma in Higher Education ie: Access course? Yes or No?

Thats all i need to know then i can hit submit on my application for finance for my 4 years at Uni :smile:
Reply 2012
Does anyone know how long they're taking to work through the applications queue (for this year) at the moment? I applied for the current year's funding as soon as applications opened last Spring, and after constant muck-ups with my financial evidence, I sent them the correct forms again about a week ago... But I was just wondering how long it's likely to take from now?
I've got a question, I've got an offer from Emmanuel College Cambridge, but wondered whether you use the college or the university address for a 2010/2011 application? Thanks!
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody knew if the tutition fees have changed this year? I can find them for 2009 entry but not 2010, not sure if they have changed for this year?
MMU was £3,225 for 2009 entry
richmiester
Hey, I was just wondering if anybody knew if the tutition fees have changed this year? I can find them for 2009 entry but not 2010, not sure if they have changed for this year?
MMU was £3,225 for 2009 entry

I have a similar problem, I'm from england but about to go into my second year at dundee university, annoyingly though I cant complete my finance re-application because i cant find the amounts for 2010/11 fees anywhere
Squillyfer
I have a similar problem, I'm from england but about to go into my second year at dundee university, annoyingly though I cant complete my finance re-application because i cant find the amounts for 2010/11 fees anywhere

Tuition Fee £3290 for 2010/2011 :smile:
Reply 2017
Try the calculator - Manchester Metropolitan came up as £3290 but I didn't select an actual course -

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680136&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
Reply 2018
I sent off my continuing students form for academic year 2010 - 2011 by recorded delivery and according to royal mail it arrived at the darlington office which is where I posted it. However I remember last year I sent off forms by recorded delivery and they were redirected by darlington to Glasgow, is that not happening this year?? How long do they take to process forms?? Thanks
XCRUSHESX
Tuition Fee £3290 for 2010/2011 :smile:

Scotland is different, this year my fees were £1820 but i dont know about next year

Quick Reply