The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Help..Mphil Finance cambridge/msc finance LSE/Msc Finance

Sorry the last course is MSC finance Warwick

Hello,

I am an undergraduate of BSc Accounting Finance and Management at a top ten university in the United kingdom..I am currently on a 2.1 but I am aiming to get it up to a First by graduation..2011

I am applying to the three universities and I was wondering if anyone who applied to the course for 2010 and got in can give some advice.
I am planning to do GMAT by November and hand in my applications by December..

Any help will be very much appreciated I am aware that these are very competitive universities and places are limited..

if there are others applying to these courses as well we could discuss about it..

hope to get responses.
Reply 1
any one?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
I can give you some advice about the cambridge MPhil programme as I got accepted for this year. Unfortunately, your chances to get accepted with a 2.1 are very low. Even if you manage to get a First by graduation, your application will just show the average you have at the moment, so it is unlikely that you will get a conditional offer. The programme is heavily oversubscribed. Something like 25 places for over 1000 applicants of whom the majority has a First.
Reply 3
oh dear....are you sure your figures are not exaggerated..1000?????? what of if you have a good gmat score? where else did you apply?
Reply 4
Its very competitive to get into Mphil finance/msc lse/ without a first.

its very very competitive.

Btw, I'm studying Msc Finance at Imperial, and I can tell you that the competition is really really fierce this year..the admission rate is somewhat similar to LSE's and everybody in the course have a 1st class honours degree...
(edited 13 years ago)
chrispaul
Its very competitive to get into Mphil finance/msc lse/ without a first.

its very very competitive.

Btw, I'm studying Msc Finance at Imperial, and I can tell you that the competition is really really fierce this year..the admission rate is somewhat similar to LSE's and everybody in the course have a 1st class honours degree...

So the admissions rate is around 3%? :lol:....that means imperial must have got over 4000 applicants for its 100-150 odd places. :rofl:
Reply 6
nah....LSE's admission rate is around 6%, in some classes, its almost 10%. I dont know where you got your statistics from prospectivEEconomist....:naughty:
(edited 13 years ago)
chrispaul
nah....LSE's admission rate is around 6%, in some classes, its almost 10%. I dont know where you got your statistics from prospectivEEconomist....:naughty:

LSE MS Finance - 2600 odd applications and 60 places
Reply 8
prospectivEEconomist
LSE MS Finance - 2600 odd applications and 60 places

you're also forgetting that LSE has more than 4 courses with the name "Finance" in it, hence is able to play with its admission stats.
Msc Finance and Accounting
Msc Finance
Msc Finance and Economics
Msc Finance and Private Equity

also..

Msc Finance and real estate....
(edited 13 years ago)
chrispaul
you're also forgetting that LSE has more than 4 courses with the name "Finance" in it, hence is able to play with its admission stats.
Msc Finance and Accounting
Msc Finance
Msc Finance and Economics
Msc Finance and Private Equity

also..

Msc Finance and real estate....

Accounting and Finance is a course run by the Accounting department. Anyways compare like for like, not different courses. :wink: I just dont know how Imperial can charge a higher fees for its finance course than LSE when only roughly 50% of its graduates get a job.
prospectivEEconomist
Accounting and Finance is a course run by the Accounting department. Anyways compare like for like, not different courses. :wink: I just dont know how Imperial can charge a higher fees for its finance course than LSE when only roughly 50% of its graduates get a job.

Because there are lot of suckers who are ready to pay. Especially the international ones who are trying to get their fingers in the London IB industry. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending