The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-reg) Jan 2012 start

Hey everyone,

Couldnt find another thread for this course so thought I'd start one. Anyone else applying? If so, where? etc.

I have an interview at Birmingham and would appreciate any help anyone can give me with types of questions and what to expect etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello,

I've also applied for that course, I have interviews at Birmingham and Essex and have also applied for MMU and Leeds.

Have you applied anywhere else?

Are you nervous about your interview?
Reply 2
Original post by Petr
Hello,

I've also applied for that course, I have interviews at Birmingham and Essex and have also applied for MMU and Leeds.

Have you applied anywhere else?

Are you nervous about your interview?

I have only applied to Bham so far but I'm planning on sorting out other applications. I think I'll apply to Southampton and MMU but not sure about the rest. I saw that Oxford Brookes are taking applications soon so thinking about that too. Where is your first choice?

I'm really nervous about the interview, no idea what to expect. Congrats on your two interviews. Whats your first degree in if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
ye I did see that course at Oxford brookes but i was unsure whether it was NHS funded.

My first choice is Birmingham, I've not really got any preferences with the rest though. Is your first choice birmingham also? Im really nervous too, can only do my best but i will be gutted if I dont get in birmingham.

My first degree is Sport and exercise science, i recon its quite a popular first degree for people applying to this course
Reply 4
Hi,

I just received a conditional offer/interview at RGU for their MSc Physio program. Relieved and excited for the next step. And, incidentally, any advice for the interview process would be appreciated.

Good luck to those hoping for offers.
Reply 5
Original post by Petr
ye I did see that course at Oxford brookes but i was unsure whether it was NHS funded.

My first choice is Birmingham, I've not really got any preferences with the rest though. Is your first choice birmingham also? Im really nervous too, can only do my best but i will be gutted if I dont get in birmingham.

My first degree is Sport and exercise science, i recon its quite a popular first degree for people applying to this course

Hey, sorry it's taken me absolutely ages to reply, i completely forgot!

How did your interview go? I'd def love to go to bham but not heard anything yet so not looking good, have you heard anything?

I emailed Oxford Brookes and it isnt NHS funded so I don't think I'll be applying there unless I win the lottery lol.
Reply 6
Hey Guys

I have applied for Northumbria for the January 2012 intake, has anyone heard anything back yet??

Good luck with your interviews
Reply 7
I also applied at Northumbria but yet to hear anything back. I contacted them and they are holding interviews June/July but didnt say whether we would hear back regardless of being accepted or not.

You heard anything yet?
Reply 8
I have an interview at Northumbria on the 8th of June which they informed me of last week
Reply 9
Original post by Brook89
I have an interview at Northumbria on the 8th of June which they informed me of last week

Hey, I have an interview next week for Northumbria university and was wondering how did yours go? what kind of questions etc did they ask? thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by LGal1989
Hey, I have an interview next week for Northumbria university and was wondering how did yours go? what kind of questions etc did they ask? thanks :smile:

I felt it went quite well, it was relaxed and not as stressful as I thought it would be. It starts with a presentation, which explains about the structure of the course. After the presentation you get split into small groups for the interview.

I was interviewed by one person and it lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were pretty standard, such as; what do you think physiotherapy is? Why do you want to do physiotherapy? What personal qualities do you need and do you think you possess them?

There were also quite a few questions about your experiences and a bit of talk about dissertation if it relates to physiotherapy in any way. Overall the interview is nothing to worry about, just be confident and you will be fine.
Reply 11
Has anyone heard back from anywhere yet?
Reply 12
I've heard back from Teesside and Southampton had offers from both
Reply 13
I've just heard back from Leeds Met and got an offer, anyone else got an offer from them? Would love to get talking to people that may possibly be on the course
Reply 14
I am in the process of applying for the MSc pre reg in Glasgow Caledonia University. Start date is Jan 2012. Anyone else from Scotland? I have a back ground in nursing and just graduated with a BSc (Hons) Applied Bioscience. Any tips for the application will be welcome thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by abingham

Congrats on the offers. Did southampton interview?
Reply 16
Hello everyone! is anyone going to MMU in January?
Reply 17
Original post by Janne_87
Hello everyone! is anyone going to MMU in January?

Hey! I have been in touch with MMU and sent off my transcripts and certificate ect but no reply yet, they said they are interviewing until the end of september. Have you heard from them?
Reply 18
Original post by abingham

Hey! I had an offer from Teesside aswell and also had one from Birmingham. Are you going to accept Teesside? Im not sure what to do :s
Reply 19
Hey! does anyone have a place at birmingham? I have an offer from both Teesside and Birmingham but not sure which one to take :s also, does anyone know anything about the funding for this course? I heard of an nhs bursary but not sure how to apply. any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest