The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I have a strong feeling they will f*** this paper up, just like May 2010.
Original post by simba2011
hey, has this post by squadredfox been removed, coz i cant seem to find it?!

Yeah it has been removed
yeah im supoosing thats right coz thats wat most of use. what max profit did u get using that formula and the spreadsheet?

I am getting $536,149.01.
Hey everyone .. Can anyone what formula we have to use in Advertising Sheet?? =\
Original post by Gorgeous devil
Hey everyone .. Can anyone what formula we have to use in Advertising Sheet?? =\

Please, I beg you, *read* *the* *thread*. :facepalm:
Reply 105

Yeah it has been removed

oh crap. why was it removed? was it wrong or smthing?
Reply 106

Yeah it has been removed

I am having it. I can mail them to you
Heyy how come you guys are getting the profit in 190,000 and I am getting 536,000 =\

What formulas have you used for Total Costs, Total Revenue and Total Profits??

I am using =SUM(Totals!E39:P39) for Total Costs.
=SUM(Totals!E40:P40) for Total Revenue
=SUM(Totals!E41:P41) for Total Profits

Is this wrong??? =\
Reply 109

hey, i just saw the questions you have posted. they've been a great help. if you could mail the answers to me it would be better. ive worked on the model and come up with various profits and different ways of getting them. maybe we could brainstorm on the same

Hey hope it helps...
Edexcel Unit 3 activity 3.docx

Anyone else need ideas on activity 3 showing profits & how to get there with formula.. feel free to save it! .. :]
Original post by Sadii
Hey hope it helps...
Edexcel Unit 3 activity 3.docx

Anyone else need ideas on activity 3 showing profits & how to get there with formula.. feel free to save it! .. :]

Is this wrong??? =\
Reply 111

Is this wrong??? =\

When u see my work.. just look at the formulas at the top.. hmm yeah yeah i think your formulas look fine!

Except .. when you work out PROFIT : its TOTAL REVENUE - TOTAL COST .. So will be =SUM(G7-G6)

x
Reply 112

Is this wrong??? =\
seems to be ok. my e-mail went all haywire, as did my messenger. ill talk to the class and let u know bout the feedback. pls ask ur teacher as well and lemme know
Reply 113
Hi can you also email the answers to me please if it is not too much of a problem?
Original post by RyeBread

Original post by RyeBread
I'm really struggling with this exam and not sure how to prepare properly. Considering its only a couple of weeks away I'm worried. In particular, this is the if function. The importing and basic printing is fine but I'm not sure about the advertising bit. Advice needed please!

Sure mate. Look at the PDF's that I posted. They take you through it, step by step.
Original post by Sadii
When u see my work.. just look at the formulas at the top.. hmm yeah yeah i think your formulas look fine!

Except .. when you work out PROFIT : its TOTAL REVENUE - TOTAL COST .. So will be =SUM(G7-G6)

x

Thanx alot =)
Yeahh I got it now
seems to be ok. my e-mail went all haywire, as did my messenger. ill talk to the class and let u know bout the feedback. pls ask ur teacher as well and lemme know

Hey whatever I have done is right except the Profits formula it should be =SUM(G7-G6).

Suree .. Let me know
Original post by Sadii
Hey... It sounds similar to what we have .. And probably get the same answers but we've been given =IF(And(Values!$B7="Yes",IF(Values!B $21="Yes",Advertising!B7,0),0) ... Which works!

I'm also opening 4 shops with the highest ratings for profit - and three advertisement methods!..

I opened around 3 shops (along with Falmouth) and only two advertising methods. so yeah, I guess we're on the right track there :smile:
Heyy how come you guys are getting the profit in 190,000 and I am getting 536,000 =\

Is this wrong??? =\

oh, you got the total profits from the Totals sheet? I got mine off the Monthly Figures. my formulas are:

=('Monthly Figures'!N14) for Total Costs
=('Monthly Figures'!N15) for Total Revenue
=('Monthly Figures'!N16) for Total Profit

I think you need to get them off the Monthly Figures; if not, then why would they bother putting that information in the spreadsheet? You need a monthly figure to calculate total profit. each month has their own profit, that's why we need to total it.
Original post by deusmaster
oh, you got the total profits from the Totals sheet? I got mine off the Monthly Figures. my formulas are:

=('Monthly Figures'!N14) for Total Costs
=('Monthly Figures'!N15) for Total Revenue
=('Monthly Figures'!N16) for Total Profit

I think you need to get them off the Monthly Figures; if not, then why would they bother putting that information in the spreadsheet? You need a monthly figure to calculate total profit. each month has their own profit, that's why we need to total it.

I agree with you here. I think a few people on here are (probably not purposefully) making this a lot harder than it should be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending