The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Accommodation Worries..

Hi,

I've got a conditional offer for International Business starting in September.. I can't help but notice some people already know the rooms and halls they have been allocated to. I applied in late March when it opened but I have had no reply.

Plymouth's website says I should wait until after my a-level results but other people with conditional offers seem to already know?

So I'm confused whether I even still have a chance of joining one of the flats or I should start looking for private housing as it's too unlikely?

Little help would be great! haha
Reply 1
Anyone at all?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
Do you mean that people from your uni already know?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I have a conditional for Business Administration, and my building/room number are displayed in my offer - it's might be worth emailing Plymouth to ask about it, just in case. At a guess, it could have something to do with your room type or building not being assigned yet, but I have no idea. Like I said, get in touch with them just in case. :smile:
I applied back when accommodation opened with a conditional offer, but when i got a reply i was told what room i would be given once i became unconditional, so i don't know why you haven't. Your best bet is to contact the accommodation office and ask them about it.
Reply 5
Original post by KieranOPrey
Hi,

I've got a conditional offer for International Business starting in September.. I can't help but notice some people already know the rooms and halls they have been allocated to. I applied in late March when it opened but I have had no reply.

Plymouth's website says I should wait until after my a-level results but other people with conditional offers seem to already know?

So I'm confused whether I even still have a chance of joining one of the flats or I should start looking for private housing as it's too unlikely?

Little help would be great! haha

pray to god you don't get gilwell
Reply 6
Original post by pshewitt1
pray to god you don't get gilwell

I've seen quite a few people saying that, how come it's got such a bad reputation? Do you know what the general feeling is about the other halls?
Original post by padanew
I've seen quite a few people saying that, how come it's got such a bad reputation? Do you know what the general feeling is about the other halls?

I think it's because of the shared bathrooms and facilities except for a sink in each room but im not sure.
Original post by The Bald One
I think it's because of the shared bathrooms and facilities except for a sink in each room but im not sure.

A few of my friends had rooms in Gilwell this year. Think of it as a spacious shoebox. It's small and you have shared facilities between 2 blocks (AFAIK).
I had worries about this to, so I sorted it myself. I searched for other types of accommodation such as Unite, or going straight into shared houses and so forth. May not be the thing you want to do, as I don't really want to in first year either. But hey, better than sorting it all out a week before course starts when there are very few places left. I am staying in Unite (806E 4 Spaces Left in my "hall") - Discovery Heights, its en-suite too, and around the corner from the university. You can already book unite properties, but they are more expensive and do have a mixed reputation. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Thanks guys. I'm going to email them now.. I am still a conditional offer so maybe I'm still being processed. Don't want all the rooms to run out on me though!!
Reply 11
Original post by PieEatingHorses
I had worries about this to, so I sorted it myself. I searched for other types of accommodation such as Unite, or going straight into shared houses and so forth. May not be the thing you want to do, as I don't really want to in first year either. But hey, better than sorting it all out a week before course starts when there are very few places left. I am staying in Unite (806E 4 Spaces Left in my "hall") - Discovery Heights, its en-suite too, and around the corner from the university. You can already book unite properties, but they are more expensive and do have a mixed reputation. :smile:

I'm going to look into Unite now, sounds interesting! Cheers mate.
Reply 12
Original post by padanew
I have a conditional for Business Administration, and my building/room number are displayed in my offer - it's might be worth emailing Plymouth to ask about it, just in case. At a guess, it could have something to do with your room type or building not being assigned yet, but I have no idea. Like I said, get in touch with them just in case. :smile:

Sweet, thanks.

Just wondering, what offer are you looking at the letters that come through the door or could I find this on the UCAS website?
I'm going to look into Unite now, sounds interesting! Cheers mate.

:smile: You're welcome. If you do join unite come into my hall! :biggrin:

https://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/plymouth/discovery-heights?
Reply 14
Sweet, thanks.

Just wondering, what offer are you looking at the letters that come through the door or could I find this on the UCAS website?

Sorry I wasn't very clear there, I meant my offer of Accommodation on the Plymouth Accommodation 'E contracts' site thing.
Reply 15
Original post by padanew
Sorry I wasn't very clear there, I meant my offer of Accommodation on the Plymouth Accommodation 'E contracts' site thing.

Oh right I understand.

Yeah I've recieved no accommodation offer so I've just emailed them asking what I should do/wait for etc.

thanks!
Reply 16
Oh right I understand.

Yeah I've recieved no accommodation offer so I've just emailed them asking what I should do/wait for etc.

thanks!

Good plan, better safe than sorry :smile:
Reply 17
I've heard Unite accommodation are a lot more expensive.
Do yourself a favour and phone the uni! They're so lovely and helpful and you'll get answers straight away. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Tori_
I've heard Unite accommodation are a lot more expensive.
Do yourself a favour and phone the uni! They're so lovely and helpful and you'll get answers straight away. :smile:

Yeah I just saw the prices not sure I can afford that and still be able to eat haha

Just emailed them they said I'll find out after my results

Thanks anyway!!

Quick Reply

Latest