The Student Room Group

Zoology/Biological Sciences applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shippy
I'm having trouble writing why i want to do biology in my personal statement. I'm reallly passionate about it but can't get it into words without sounding like a twit! I wish they interviewed for biology, i'm brilliant in interviews but I can't get my thoughts onto paper :frown:

Mine is the most cliched thing ever! I think my first line is "I am passionate about..."
I just got an interview from Manchester! Anyone else?
Reply 82
Original post by EmilieTheGreat
Mine is the most cliched thing ever! I think my first line is "I am passionate about..."

I'm already way over even without my " why i want to do my course" thing! WAAAAH :frown:
I just got an interview from Manchester! Anyone else?

I got an interview at Manchester today! I'm applying for Plant Science with Industrial Experience - what are you applying for?
Yaaay biology :biggrin:
I'm applying to UCL, Imperial, Nottingham, Reading and Hull;
Predicted AAA for a levels, got a b in maths at as.
UCL is my fave though, the course is just nnnnggh :smile:
Original post by funghi-lover
I got an interview at Manchester today! I'm applying for Plant Science with Industrial Experience - what are you applying for?

Pure biology :smile:

Where else are you applying?
Reply 86
Applying for bio at Bath, Sussex, Southampton, QMUL and Reading with predictions of ABB, reckon id get an offer from Bath even though they set entry req's at AAB ???
Original post by Amscared
Applying for bio at Bath, Sussex, Southampton, QMUL and Reading with predictions of ABB, reckon id get an offer from Bath even though they set entry req's at AAB ???

Maybe, depends how strong your application is! I think they'd at least consider you!
Pure biology :smile:

Where else are you applying?

I'm also applying to Dundee, York, Sheffield and Oxford.
Reply 89
Has anyone received any offers yet? Cambridge, York and Edinburgh have acknowledged my application (sent on 30th of September) but I've heard nothing from Durham or Lancaster as of yet.
Original post by Magickal
Has anyone received any offers yet? Cambridge, York and Edinburgh have acknowledged my application (sent on 30th of September) but I've heard nothing from Durham or Lancaster as of yet.

I applied on October 6th and I have 2 offers from Sheffield (for the 3 and 4 year course). I haven't applied to any of the same unis as you though!
Reply 91
applied :danceboy:
Reply 92
Original post by Acrylic
Only just blagged my way to predicted grades of BBB, is it still worth applying to exeter and newcastle who are asking AAB-ABB? I know if i get an offer i WILL get those grades. My school, however, is not convinced. They have toldl me not to bother applying but there is nowhere else that appeals to me. Would you still apply or not?

I'm exactly the same!! due to personal reasons last year and simply not working I
got ccdd in my AS results :/ after so many tests and working in all of my frees and lunches, my predicted grades have been risen to bbb! yay! I've applied to exeter and newcastle as i dont really like anywhere else as much. Plus i did a course at newcastle and stayed there for a bit and loved it haha! go for it! You can definitley do it, and you still have 3 other choices which could be safer. Good Luck!
Reply 93
Ohh sent my ucas off on the 18th! and applied for:
Biology- Newcastle
Biological Sciences- Exeter
Biotechnology- Nottingham
Biology with year abroad- Kent
Biology- Portsmouth
the wait is so annoying! hahaha! Good luck everyone!
Reply 94
Original post by dramadumbo
Ohh sent my ucas off on the 18th! and applied for:
Biology- Newcastle
Biological Sciences- Exeter
Biotechnology- Nottingham
Biology with year abroad- Kent
Biology- Portsmouth
the wait is so annoying! hahaha! Good luck everyone!

I've applied to Newcastle and Exeter too! :biggrin:
I hope the give offers out soon :P
I applied on the 30th Sept.
back again- changed my mind (i will apply this year, if i do better i can always go through adjustment) and got my predicted grades raised slightly (now at bbc)
will now apply for
keele- bbc
reading- 320 pts from 3a levels + 1 as
kent w/ foundation year- ccc
essex- bcc
bangor- bcc
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
feel like i'm the only one who hasn't sent their application yet! :frown: spent far too long dithering about between picking universities and changing my mind, and then biology coursework has taken up most of september and half of this month! Hoping to hand mine in on the monday back after half term! Haloween :wink: i hope that's not unlucky!!!
Reply 97
Original post by Emgrace
I've applied to Newcastle and Exeter too! :biggrin:
I hope the give offers out soon :P
I applied on the 30th Sept.

Ahh!! So exciting! Good luck! I applied on 18th so only a few days ago! But offers would still be very nice haha where else did you apply to?? Did you write about any work experience in your personal statement? Good luck! :smile: haha
Reply 98
Original post by dramadumbo
Ahh!! So exciting! Good luck! I applied on 18th so only a few days ago! But offers would still be very nice haha where else did you apply to?? Did you write about any work experience in your personal statement? Good luck! :smile: haha

I also applied to Oxford, Bristol and Sheffield :smile:

Hmm well I didnt do any lab experience or anything, but I went to the azores to do whale and dolphin conservation so I wrote about that :smile: I saved up for it for years so it was awesome :biggrin:
Reply 99
Ahh that's amazing, best of luck with offers and the beloved oxbridge application process! my sister went through it last year :smile: That sounds amazing!! not going to lie i'm rather jealous!!! haha how long did you go for?

Quick Reply

Latest