The Student Room Group

History Applicants Stalking thread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xyris
I just got an email from UCL saying I've passed the first phase of consideration and that they're going to give me an answer at the latest by February :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::

:woo: well done! UCL sounds insane with the whole "phases" thing, it sounds like Oxford or Cambridge or something!
Original post by Kellettwm
Hi guys :smile:

Thought I would introduce myself as I seem to be spending my life on Track at the moment :P

GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A (Hooray for Maths...)
AS:h:istory, English Lit., Politics, Spanish- A,A,A,A.
Predicted: 4 A*
Choices: Cambridge (Trinity), Durham (Castle), Bristol, St. Andrews, York =]

Bricking it :P Good luck to everyone!

Sorry if this is wrong and just seems like a really weird question but your name can't be a coincidence... are you Will? Did you go on the Cambridge Law Conference? :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by theteenagecurse
Sorry if this is wrong and just seems like a really weird question but your name can't be a coincidence... are you Will? Did you go on the Cambridge Law Conference? :smile:

Aha Yeah that's me :biggrin: Who is this? :smile:
Original post by Kellettwm
Aha Yeah that's me :biggrin: Who is this? :smile:

haha, thought so! It's Sian, I was in Pembroke with you :P
Reply 64
Original post by Niki_girl
:woo: well done! UCL sounds insane with the whole "phases" thing, it sounds like Oxford or Cambridge or something!

Thanks! Well done with your offers so far, not sure if you remember me but I was asking whether I'd be a good history applicant or not a month or two back on here and you gave me a huge confident boost with your replies, cheers! Hopefully once I get some more replies in I'll be ready to relax. Good luck for the future!
Has anyone got an offer from Exeter (Streatham campus)?
Terrified :afraid:
Loughborough offer, B in maths

I'm going to have all my responses by mid november by the looks of it, Sussex said early November and they are the only ones I'm waiting for :biggrin:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain

I'm going to have all my responses by mid november by the looks of it, Sussex said early November and they are the only ones I'm waiting for :biggrin:

Wooo, well done! :biggrin:
Reply 68
Hey guys! I sent my UCAS application off today, got to play the waiting now!

AS: AABB
Predicted: A*AA - History, English Language & Literature and Sociology

Applied to King's College, three courses at University Of Manchester & Royal Holloway!
Original post by TheSophistory
Has anyone got an offer from Exeter (Streatham campus)?
Terrified :afraid:

Same :redface: I'm watching & waiting like a hawk or something!

Original post by Xyris
Thanks! Well done with your offers so far, not sure if you remember me but I was asking whether I'd be a good history applicant or not a month or two back on here and you gave me a huge confident boost with your replies, cheers! Hopefully once I get some more replies in I'll be ready to relax. Good luck for the future!

I do remember now! Good luck with the rest of your application :smile:

Lucky you! :biggrin: That's great!
gna be spending my life on track too -_-

applied for pure History V100
GCSE 10A* 4A
AS Bio A Chem A History A English Lang Lit A

Oxford, LSE, UCL, St Andrews, Warwick

good luck everyone!!
Offer from Nottingham! AAA :smile:
Hopefully now I'll be able to relax and stop checking track obsessively... at least for a while anyway.
Got an AAB offer with an A in history for southampton :biggrin:
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
Got an AAB offer with an A in history for southampton :biggrin:

Oooh have you got your post offer open day letter yet?
Oooh have you got your post offer open day letter yet?

nope, i literally just got the offer so im guessing they wont have sent it yet? how long did yours take to come?
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
nope, i literally just got the offer so im guessing they wont have sent it yet? how long did yours take to come?

Mine came a couple of days after :yep: I'm going to the one on the 14th Dec, think there is a second in February :yy:
Mine came a couple of days after :yep: I'm going to the one on the 14th Dec, think there is a second in February :yy:

Oh coool :smile: See you there maybe :biggrin:
Reply 77
Offer from Nottingham this morning, AAA :biggrin:
just out of interest, how many books did you guys mention in your personal statements? also did you guys talk about arguments you were interested in? im scared i'm sounding too much like a history paper
Reply 79
Original post by toofaforu
just out of interest, how many books did you guys mention in your personal statements? also did you guys talk about arguments you were interested in? im scared i'm sounding too much like a history paper

Hey,
I mentioned one book and talked about the arguments it presented and how good/poor I thought they were, luckily the book was so pretentious and obscure it was easy to criticize but still respect the opinion. I wouldn't personally mention a general argument in History and talk about your respected views. It's all up to you at the end of the day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest