The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catwilliams86
I am running out things to google / read up on! The suspense . . . . .

Original post by lauski22
Same! Although I have been waiting since Jan...literally checked out everything there is on the internet that is ceremony-related!!!

Well...how about some Cauldron speculation:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=797662
http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/12089-londons-cauldron-will-be-outside-stadium/

See (hear) you both at the drumming rehearsals!
Reply 5841
Great to see that offers continue to trickle out, so stay strong people.

One difference from the January offers is that there are no 'reserve' emails going out this time alongside the cast offers. Given the way that the earlier offer and reserve emails went out, it was presumed here that the specific auditions tied with specific segments and there was little reshuffling of individuals. This time it seems that it's 'pass' or 'fail'.

This does imply that the reserves may have been a bit lead on, which feels a little unfair. However we could yet be proved very wrong!
Reply 5842
Original post by maclondon
Thats the orbit thing, which is a sculpture / viewing platform

I'm not so sure - the awful Orbit is in zone PDZ3 (or maybe 2) on this plan, to the south/southeast of the stadium.
Off with AKST to our first tap dancing festival at Ealing -both of us with the TSR curse of dodgy ankles!- feeling nervous although have done lots of festivalsl/shows in the past - what will I be like on 27th?
Reply 5844
Original post by Pinnerite
Off with AKST to our first tap dancing festival at Ealing -both of us with the TSR curse of dodgy ankles!- feeling nervous although have done lots of festivalsl/shows in the past - what will I be like on 27th?

just polish off that smile....you will be just fine, that's show-business!!
Reply 5845
I've received an update ready for my rehearsals.

Minor schedule change but other than that all in line with what I'd expect.

Becoming increasingly clear that we can't comment on public sites so I'll probably be going somewhat quiet on here now - and for those cast, I'll see you there!!!!!!!
Original post by Ropey1

Becoming increasingly clear that we can't comment on public sites so I'll probably be going somewhat quiet on here now - and for those cast, I'll see you there!!!!!!!

damnit, i'm out of office til Monday so can't check my e-mail
Original post by blackwolf86
I'm not 100% sure about the whole segment but my role is described as being a 'Character Acting Role in a Key Thematic Sequence' and it for the Opening Ceremony.

So seg 43 is acting, cool. So I assume your second audition must have been for acting?
Original post by lauski22
Yeah I had a dancing recall - as they apparently put me down as a dancer when I applied as a drummer! - yes I am a professional drummer/drum teacher :smile: so glad I changed to this segment. They did say that the dancing would have been a spectacular part though!!!!

That makes sense then, but regardless I think the drumming and the dancing will be spectaculaaaaar..
Original post by Bignic12
just polish off that smile....you will be just fine, that's show-business!!

Yay we got distinction and the cup..!
Original post by Ropey1

Same here.See u at the rehearsals:smile:

Well done you:smile:
Original post by Ropey1

Yep! See you at the dress rehearsals if not before! I think we shall have to use this site as a support/advice means still but we cannot reveal any details however small from the rehearsals from now on. I am sure there will be another meetup arranged some time though... Enjoy the rehearsals!
Reply 5853
Original post by galactica2009
Thats great! I am sure he will enjoy the rehearsal. Still havent received no news with regards to paralympic auditions. Each week when i call, they keep saying within next two weeks. They are just clearing the back log:smile:. Anyway, hope you are keeping well. How is your foot and your back?

My foot and back are much better thanks. The chiropractor did the trick. I know I will have to be very careful in the future when shifting heavy garden pots!
Really despondent now - we've waited so long. Have virtually convinced myself that it's a 'no'. Will give it one more week, then give up!
Original post by Eve 58
My foot and back are much better thanks. The chiropractor did the trick. I know I will have to be very careful in the future when shifting heavy garden pots!
Really despondent now - we've waited so long. Have virtually convinced myself that it's a 'no'. Will give it one more week, then give up!

Awesome! Glad to hear that your back and foot is better. Yes indeed is a very long wait. This week is my 7th week since i had done my paralympic audition.
Reply 5855
Original post by adelie27
An e-mail marked urgent and asking me to sign and bring an attached 'Letter of Agreement and Non Disclosure Agreement' has just landed in my inbox !
Just though I'd mention as I havn't a clue whether the rest of you props/staging/casting guys already have this !

Ickle, I note you are coming too, look forward to hopefully meeting you tomorrow.

Aww. I missed the session today. Had to work late. Would have been good to meet everyone. I hope this hasnt affected my spot.

Now just catching up on the rest of the thread. How did it all go?
Reply 5856

Congratulations! What a night, despite dodgy ankles! Will your dance be on YouTube?:dancing2:
Reply 5857

woohoo go girls!!!!
excellent news, well done :smile:
Reply 5858
Original post by Dancersmum
Adelie, I haven't had the Non-disclosure Agreement email, though I did sign one in November for the drumming recall. See you later And good luck Rafiki with your interview!

Thank you, that was the last thing I saw on my phone before the interview and it made me smile muchly. Everything went well, they enjoyed my talk and I think I answered questions ok. The boss now has to decide whether to take on someone else which depends on his current post-docs project choices and money. He also knows that I'm waiting to hear about the grant to continue in my current position so the situation has been left as a keep in touch and remember that I'm interested in your lab. I couldn't have asked for more.

Getting really impatient for some para news now. So much depends on it. Can't believe we haven't heard about the grant yet either, the decision was made on the 3rd of April and we still don't know. This is all excruciating.
Reply 5859
Hey gang! It's been radio silence on my end recently as i toddle on with my 'reserve' status and lick my wounds now that my mates who were part of the 2nd auditions all got places.. meh.. but anyways out of desperation i emailed the casting team again, just for any indication of when the wait might end for us reserves. i told them i was super keen to be involved in any way shape or form, but just wondered if there was light at the end of the tunnel.

The lass who replied said: " Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in getting a decision out to you. We are just finalising the details now from the auditions you came too and so it should be anytime now :wink:"

Not sure whether to really get my hopes up with this, as i expect that casting are deluged with emails from the feb audition peeps and might have mistaken mine for one of them (despite the word 'reserve' being in the subject). The winky face does add a glimmer of hope though, you just never know, do you eh? Have any of you fellow reserve lot had a pop at emailing recently..?? xx

Latest