The Student Room Group

Has anyone taken mephedrone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I haven't taken mephedrone, but from what I've seen posted by people who have taken it, there's no way I'd ever take it myself. Just my personal view on it. I don't feel it's worth taking it if it's so easy to get addicted to, as well as the other negative side effects.
Reply 21
I took it once. Was a good high, bit like pills really. Very happy/chatty/heightened senses etc. Lasted around 2 hours maybe a bit longer I guess. No comedown that I noticed but I was at Reading so I was just permanently not feeling great.

BUT it tastes like absolute ****, was the worst taste ever. I snorted it. It hurt my nose bare too, made my eyes water etc. Not worth it lol. I've never had any urge to take it again, but maybe that's cos it tasted so butters.

But I wouldn't adivce taking it really, cos it's so new no-one knows the long-term effects, and it's such a disgusting chemical. You might as well drink lighter fluid instead of vodka.
Yeah. It's intense. However it does **** you up royally for about two days and from experience it seems to have bad reactions with girls... puts them in a sort of fit. It's a laugh, but there are safer ways to get a high.
Reply 23
Well people here seem to be very down on it, I've got friends who take a fair amount and have had *isolated* incidents of heart palpitations. Gurning comes with pretty much all drugs. The people dying in the media and other countries are usually on cocktails including Ket (Upper and a Downer? Bad idea...)

It depends on the quality your getting how bad your experience will be, the lower qualities will destroy you for 2 day come downs, I've been quite lucky and managed to luck into decent quality and therefore have only had minimal comedowns that were pretty alike to being hungover til maybe 12 or 1 the next day. Meh. Its cheap, why not.
I did two lines of it in a few hours at a party over Christmas: it was okay, gives you a nice feeling for an hour or so, and didn't have any nasty comedown (for me, at least). I wouldn't buy it, though, and I'd only take it every now and again.
Kater Murr
I did two lines of it in a few hours at a party over Christmas: it was okay, gives you a nice feeling for an hour or so, and didn't have any nasty comedown (for me, at least). I wouldn't buy it, though, and I'd only take it every now and again.

You probaly didn't do enough to get a comedown:smile:, I remember for me it use to take at least 1.5 grams to feel a comedown the next day.
I'd rather take pills - better the devil you know then the devil you don't right?

I've seen people on it, seems like a really good high, but I hear it cuts you up and hurts alot so dunno, never done it. :dontknow:

Sounds a bit iffy tbh, but I'd probably do it if I was offered. :rolleyes:
Jxhn
Meh. Its cheap, why not.

Why not? Because there's fair addiction potential, there have been very few toxicological safety studies conducted, and the ones that have been done are very unfavourable.
Stupid kids nowadays. Teens on an internet forum obviously know much more about the safety and how the drug works than chemists and biologists. Can't wait for this **** to be banned.
I've had it a few times usually combining it with methylone and bombing it in some water.

The combo is amazing the closest thing you will get to legal MDMA though it is very moreish if you take smaller doses, like you want to keep topping up.

I've never snorted it though and never ever done some of the crazy binges you here about like 1g in a night.

It's not really as good without the methylone much more like speed/coke only with a much worse comedown.

TBH it's okay cause it's legal (the effects are okay for a legal drug)but if you have an addictive personality then you might struggle with it the same as with coke.

I had a good read up on it before I took it and I have never let myself or anyone I know do more than 0.5g in a night because it can be dangerous and that's not worth the risk.

Though I think they should make it illegal as I was at a new years party and a bunch of 15-16 year olds were there that had it and were snorting it line after line because they don't realise how dangerous it is and these kids got the idea from the news!
Smack
Stupid kids nowadays. Teens on an internet forum obviously know much more about the safety and how the drug works than chemists and biologists. Can't wait for this **** to be banned.

:facepalm2:

There are many 'chemists and biologists' on this forum, in this thread too. Just because it's an 'internet forum' doesn't mean nobody knows anything about drugs, and I was interested in the effects as well, from personal experiences.

:goaway:
xXx_pUnK_pOp_pRiNcEsS_xXx
:facepalm2:

There are many 'chemists and biologists' on this forum, in this thread too.

I actually look at people's profiles a lot on this site to see how people's degrees influences their opinions. It isn't people with actual education in this area which are promoting it as safe.

Just because it's an 'internet forum' doesn't mean nobody knows anything about drugs, and I was interested in the effects as well, from personal experiences.

:goaway:

As has been previously stated, nobody really does know the long term effects of meow meow. From the limited research available, it doesn't look good at all, though.

Edit: you're 15, lol. lol.
rebecca871

TBH it's okay cause it's legal

Bull****. You know what else is legal? Petrol. Would you say it's OK to chug it to get high?

And I say again: It is NOT legal for human consumption.
Revd. Mike
Bull****. You know what else is legal? Petrol. Would you say it's OK to chug it to get high?

And I say again: It is NOT legal for human consumption.

I meant like for it's effects it's okay for being legal.
Not that it's okay to take it cause it's legal perhaps I should make that more clear in my post sorry.
rebecca871
I meant like for it's effects it's okay for being legal.
Not that it's okay to take it cause it's legal perhaps I should make that more clear in my post sorry.

Could you translate that into English please?
blinkbelle
Could you translate that into English please?

Sorry.

Usually drugs that are sold on legal high websites don't actually do anything and are a scam and in comparison mephedrone isn't, like it actually does get you "high" if you will.

I still think they should ban it though as I said in my post.
Yeh had a couple grams then stopped when I realised it was melting my brain, starving my heart of oxygen and tantamount to crystal meth
rebecca871
Sorry.

Usually drugs that are sold on legal high websites don't actually do anything and are a scam and in comparison mephedrone isn't, like it actually does get you "high" if you will.

I still think they should ban it though as I said in my post.

If you will what. Of course it gets you high, I don't see why the quotation marks are needed.
RiddleMeThis
If you will what. Of course it gets you high, I don't see why the quotation marks are needed.

Well "high" is hardly a technical word is it? Sorry.

I'm sorry are you offended by my posts or something? I'm trying to be as honest and non argumentative as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest