The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent chat

OK so this probably won't work, but I noticed that this forum is always pretty busy, and seeing as Durham chat has been going for years, as has Manchat (although it died last year :frown:) Lets try KENTCHAT.

Yeah... just a general chat thread for Kent students. With three uni's here there should be enough of us to keep spending our lives posting useless stuff no one wants to hear.

GO.

Scroll to see replies

***** HOUSEMATE NEEDED **********

Room available in a 4 bed house in town centre near blockbuster, police station and CCC. 3 lovely 2nd year ukc girls needing 4th housemate. Male or female housemate welcome. The house is a large victorian house and is perfect for both ccc and ukc students. £75 rent per week - bargain! Email if interested: [email protected]
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah, what a nice way to start this thread.
Reply 3
Er, what course are you taking?
Reply 4
Multimedia Tech. Just moved back yesterday :smile:
Moving back on the 10th september. I really wanted to move back on the third, but with my brother starting college that weekend, and stuff having to be bought for him my parents said they wouldn't take me. Fair enough. Gives me time to buy lots of badly needed new clothes, and the cds I ordered might not have come in time.

Anyway can't wait to move back to the ever lovely Canterbury, see my friends and recommence my philosophy course. I actually plan to go to lectures and seminars and put in actual effort this year
Reply 6
I'm assuming you didn't bother going to lectures or seminars last year, and put no effort in? :P

I'm doing Law but like... I really don't want to take ten thousand things down with me so I am packing minimalist style.
Reply 7
Hi, I am starting Drama and Theater Studies in September...

A bit worried about the accommodation thing, not heard from any landlords I contacted so far : (
Reply 8
Original post by fou
Hi, I am starting Drama and Theater Studies in September...

A bit worried about the accommodation thing, not heard from any landlords I contacted so far : (

I'd get onto them then, don't sit around waiting. There are not enough houses in Canterbury for the amount of students there are.
Moving back at the weekend some time :moon: Will be good to get back to Canterbury :yes:
Original post by Musether
I'm assuming you didn't bother going to lectures or seminars last year, and put no effort in? :P

I'm doing Law but like... I really don't want to take ten thousand things down with me so I am packing minimalist style.

first term i did, but second term i just got bored and lazy and went to like the bare minimum, and hardly did any of the reading.

Passed the first year with a 2:1 though, so with a lot of work this year I'm hoping I can get a first, or at least a better 2:1.

I am getting my parents to take me down again so I can bring everything. I took a lot of stuff I didn't use, but better to have it I guess. One tip, if you're taking cds and dvds and games etc, buy a folder and put them in, the boxes take up unnecessary space.
Reply 11
Original post by metalthrashin'mad

I am getting my parents to take me down again so I can bring everything. I took a lot of stuff I didn't use, but better to have it I guess. One tip, if you're taking cds and dvds and games etc, buy a folder and put them in, the boxes take up unnecessary space.

Yep this is what I did! Although I have WAY too much room in my new bedroom (its HUGE) but I did that for when I was in halls (feels like years ago) and it worked really well! I keep all the cases in a box in my loft at home :p:

Ah, just spent this morning trying to sort out all the bills and stuff in my new house.
Reply 12
Original post by fran.ha

So I'm assuming you're no longer living with that 26 year old guy who pissed all over the place? =P (I think that was you, anyways...)
Reply 13
Original post by El_Sid
So I'm assuming you're no longer living with that 26 year old guy who pissed all over the place? =P (I think that was you, anyways...)

No I am not (yes that was me HELL). Moved in with 4 other girls, one is OCD clean which is GREAT. Gah. The house is gorgeous. Although we have a waste water pipe running down the side of the house and it comes in a little into one of my cupboards. That whole cupboard REEKS. The girl who lived here before me apparently never opened her door so the poo pipe smell has just sunken into everything. I've been airing the room for a month and it's just starting to go away. Although every time I open that cupboard it smells like someone's done a poo in an old peoples home :frown:
Original post by fran.ha
Multimedia Tech. Just moved back yesterday :smile:

Ah im guessing you're in your second year? - im doing MTD but i'll be in my final year. Have fun with digital portfolio, it sucks.
Reply 15
Original post by BossManSingh
Ah im guessing you're in your second year? - im doing MTD but i'll be in my final year. Have fun with digital portfolio, it sucks.

Yep. Oh dear, tell me what it's like? I hate all our poncy modules with their poncy titles that mean you can't understand what they really are. I'm assumming digital portfolio is some sort of flash website stuff?

Least looking forward to software dev. Not my cup of tea.

Also I know it might change but what was your timetable like last year? :p: I have all my lectures so far listed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Don't know if that'll stay. No labs yet though :frown:
Reply 16
Ahoy fellow kentians
Reply 17
Hi,
Doing international business,with a year abroad!! But soooo upset that I can't do german as a module.wtf:frown:
Reply 18
And could somebody tell me how far(minutes to walk )the campus is from Canterbury centre,where all the shops are?!
Reply 19
17 days till we move in. Weee.

Quick Reply

Latest