The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Yep, got it an hour ago :biggrin: sent it on the 20th Sept

thats pretty quick. well done (: im now very jealous...mine hasnt even been sent cos my school is taking forever to complete the reference.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by emmakh123

well done (; when did you send your UCAS?

26th september, and i got an email from UEA on the 6th october that they were considering my application so it all was pretty quick :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Awesome. :biggrin: Cardiff and Bath for Pharmacy, and then Edinburgh for Pharmacology and St Andrews for Chemistry. Might change the last one though. Didn't fall in love with the only uni's in Scotland that do pharmacy, so that's why my choices are a bit odd.

What about you?

Going for Queens, Robert Gordan, Medway, Kings College all Pharmacy. I only really want to go to Queens though. I live in Northern Ireland like so its cheaper for me and closish to home!
Original post by GraemeLawd
Going for Queens, Robert Gordan, Medway, Kings College all Pharmacy. I only really want to go to Queens though. I live in Northern Ireland like so its cheaper for me and closish to home!

Ah, that makes sense. I would've loved to check out Queen's, but I think I'm already exploiting my parents enough. :lol: Although it's my debt.
OMG :biggrin:

Conditional - view decision letter
Conditions This offer is subject to you obtaining

Obtain grades AAB at GCE A-Level in 3 subjects including

History

I think I just got an offer! :eek:
I'm applying for French :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Ah, that makes sense. I would've loved to check out Queen's, but I think I'm already exploiting my parents enough. :lol: Although it's my debt.

Queens was pretty sweet at the Open Day. The course seems pretty good and its one of the top in the league tables. Also Belfast's music is pretty sweet which is a plus point for me and its fairly cheap living costs too haha
Reply 47
Original post by grooveshoeshine
Hello, thought I would create a thread for us UEA applicants :smile:

If you want to discuss UEA, or put down what you're applying for I'll edit it in to this post

I'm hopefully going to be studying biomedicine!

Biomedicine - grooveshoeshine (offer)
Economics - LukeWz
English - KingMessi
History - Niki_girl, bron-winnie
History and Politics - letsdothetimewarpagain (offer), chocoholic.
Literature and History - elwood
Medicine - Iaso
Modern Languages - boocat
Pharmacy - aspirinpharmacist, GraemeLawd
Politics - Obfuscator
Psychology - misslaura_bee, Converse
Speech and Language Therapy - juliewho

This is great! Apparently i've already repped you recently though :redface:
Original post by KingMessi
Thank you. :smile:

Thanks. :smile: How are you finding the course (and UEA)?

Finding UEA as an institution really good. I don't know how to feel about the Lit in History module... it sounds good on paper! You get to explore the link between history and literature and you get to examine historical texts and ask yourself if it can be seen as literature and look at literature with historical themes and it's all awesomely confusing but also very boring at the same time. I think I'd prefer it if there was a Lit in Philosophy course haha. One of the texts we had to read for the last lecture was so boring that even the lecturer didn't seem to like it! Creative Writing... well... I don't know. Not as good as I expected, though I think that has something to do with the fact that we've done very little actual writing in our class- though other classes have done much more writing than us.
Original post by Niki_girl
OMG :biggrin:

Conditional - view decision letter
Conditions This offer is subject to you obtaining

Obtain grades AAB at GCE A-Level in 3 subjects including

History

I think I just got an offer! :eek:

Yay :biggrin: If we both go to UEA we'd have some lectures together :ninja:
Yay :biggrin: If we both go to UEA we'd have some lectures together :ninja:

:yep: sounds good
Reply 51
Anyone applying for Environmental Geology?
Reply 52
Original post by diamonddust
Finding UEA as an institution really good. I don't know how to feel about the Lit in History module... it sounds good on paper! You get to explore the link between history and literature and you get to examine historical texts and ask yourself if it can be seen as literature and look at literature with historical themes and it's all awesomely confusing but also very boring at the same time. I think I'd prefer it if there was a Lit in Philosophy course haha. One of the texts we had to read for the last lecture was so boring that even the lecturer didn't seem to like it! Creative Writing... well... I don't know. Not as good as I expected, though I think that has something to do with the fact that we've done very little actual writing in our class- though other classes have done much more writing than us.

Ah, LiH :eyeroll: It gets a lot better honestly, they seem to do all the really rubbish, scary stuff at the beginning to shock you into it. LiH2 is AWESOME though, so look forward to that.
I've just realised that so long as I don't have to repeat any years, I shall be graduating with the majority of people applying this year :sigh:
Reply 54
american history with politics at uea as an insurance choice! also applying for pure history at essex, nottingham and leeds + american history at essex :smile:
Reply 55
Applied for History, and got an acknowledgment email the other day. :smile:

Does anyone (who's had an offer) know how much time between getting the email and an offer transpired? Because the suspense is killing me. x)
Good luck everyone, too!
Original post by Nibz93

Does anyone (who's had an offer) know how much time between getting the email and an offer transpired? Because the suspense is killing me. x)
Good luck everyone, too!

For History and politics, got the acknowledgement on the 6th and the offer on the 12th
Reply 57
For History and politics, got the acknowledgement on the 6th and the offer on the 12th

Ah nice, possibly might not be as long as I anticipated.
Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by Nibz93
Ah nice, possibly might not be as long as I anticipated.
Thank you! :biggrin:

They seem quick this year :biggrin:

The more I'm looking into the UEA the more I'm liking it but it has the same problem as Loughborough of being miles and miles from home...
Original post by Nibz93

Good luck everyone, too!

Got an acknowledgement on the 6th and an offer on the 13th!

Latest