The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Finished my undergrad dissertation at 6:30AM on the day it was due. 33% of my year, 16.5% of my degree class. I had started writing it well before the deadline, but there were sections I'd not written at midnight.
Reply 21
Original post by Jellybean91
A 20 min presentation, i forgot to sign up for, went to the sheet and the only slot left was less than 24 hours away, so I had to choose a topic, research, write, and remember it all in less than 24 hours, don't remember how much it was worth but suffice to say i could only afford about 3 hours sleep :tongue:

Lol, my latest was a presentation too. It was a 45 minute presentation in German on some weird aspect of German law that I could not for the life of me get my head around for a ridiculous module :frown: I'd done some research and stuff but I actually wrote my script, arranged a Powerpoint and found all the vocab I needed at 11am for the presentation at 1pm. Ahh good times. I still have no idea what I actually said for 45 minutes :lol:
Anyone else reading this thread to make themselves feel better about the essay they are currently procrastinating on? :colone:
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
Anyone else reading this thread to make themselves feel better about the essay they are currently procrastinating on? :colone:

Yes. Practical report due 12pm Friday.
I'm giving a 10 minute presentation first thing tommorow morning and i don't even know what its on yet.

Yeah, i've been procrastinating today.
3 assignments due at 8.45

1 is complete.

So it seems to be assignments or shower....a shower won't get me the grade for uni, nether will going to bed now :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by sr90
I'm giving a 10 minute presentation first thing tommorow morning and i don't even know what its on yet.

Yeah, i've been procrastinating today.

you and me both, brother.

I'm at essex too!
Reply 27
All my work when I was at uni was between 1500-2000 words, and there are many of those that were started the night before, reading and everything. Sometimes I would start looking for stuff in books the day before, but writing was usually done overnight.

I miss the facebook conversations I used to have with my classmates at 2/3am who would be doing exactly the same thing :frown:
Reply 28

:getmecoat:
I did our first essay (1500 words, compulsory but not part of a specific module) in the 5 hours before the time it had to be handed in (4pm). Actually thinking about it, all my assignments so far have been done in the few hours before the deadline...

Reply 30
I had been dabbling in an MSc assignment for about 10 days or so about this time last year. The word count was going up and up and up with no end in sight and it was basically nonsense. It was due in at 4pm the following day, so 11pm the night before I rewrote about 80% of it from scratch and recycled some of the stuff from the earlier version.

Eventually handed in the final 4500 word product at 4.30am and got 71% :king1: Still don't know how I pulled that off, to be totally frank.

:ninja:
I got an assignment due at 9:00am tomorrow, 2000 words essay on capital structures.

I just started on it a few minutes ago and got 50 words to it.... I think I will make myself a cup of tea, a plate of sandwiches and TSR a bit first :biggrin:
Reply 32
Started a 3,000 word essay in my second year at about 12:30am, had to be in for 2pm. Worked from 12:30am until about 10am, printed it out and handed it in, then slept for about 4 weeks. Got a 2:1 too.
Last year all but one essay was mainly written and finished the day before.

Got an essay in for Monday that I started some reading for a few hours ago. In the morning I'm off for a reading day in the library. Should be fun. 2500 words. Have another one as well due Monday, same word count but done that one already. Some of my friends haven't started reading for either yet. :\ They'll have a fun weekend!
This is going back to A-level, but I finished my History coursework at 5.30 in the morning of the day it was due in. I had started it months before but it took way longer to write than expected. The lack of sleep paid off though :biggrin:
Original post by stubear
assigment in 9 this morning, started at 6 last night.

Have done something like that with every assignment pretty much.
Apart from my dissertation, that I wrote in about 3 nights + months of research beforehand.

My last assignment was a presentation. I skimmed through the readings the night before, went to bed early, got up at 6, made ppt slides, decided on the speech while walking the dog, amended slides over breakfast, rehearsed while driving to uni and gave the presentation at 9. Aced it :u:
(edited 12 years ago)

Yep, due in about 32 hours :colondollar:
Reply 37
Original post by velociraptor
Yep, due in about 32 hours :colondollar:

Get off TSR! Not that I can really talk... :ninja: CRASTING. <3
Reply 38
Was a Biology essay. Started researching and brainstorming ideas at 2am and worked all night towards it. Went to the library in the morning to finish bits up and handed it at 9.30am.
I had a 25-page game design document on Diablo II, completely unstarted and due in at midnight that night.
Started it at 9pm, finished it at 2am. Still got 76% :cool:

Latest