The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Chemistry 2011-2012 :: Resources and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by aroy45
Just an idea, my mate in 6th year last year analysed the amount of some iron compound in irn bru and it got the best marks in the central belt? Just an idea :P

that sounds really good do you know what mark he got for it?
Original post by SutaaFox
This seems like a really interesting idea(we've not even started our projects yet or even know what were doing..so i'm trying to bank up on good ideas) and i was wondering if you could possibly give me a summary of what you actually do for this one if possible :tongue:

Have a look at this - http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/Images/7134chem2_tcm4-123933.pdf - it should give you a nice look at the wine one and some others.
Reply 62
Original post by SutaaFox
that sounds really good do you know what mark he got for it?

no idea, just know it was the top in the school and he got an A band 1 and an award which means he got 90%+
Reply 63
Original post by derangedyoshi
Have a look at this - http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/Images/7134chem2_tcm4-123933.pdf - it should give you a nice look at the wine one and some others.

thanks alot :tongue:
Reply 64
Original post by aroy45
no idea, just know it was the top in the school and he got an A band 1 and an award which means he got 90%+

O_O wow thats incredible but it sounds really cool and unique a true scottish idea xD thanks
Reply 65
Has anyone done the Unit 2 NAB yet? What types of questions come up?
Reply 66
Got my NAB tomorrow hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 67
Mine was meant to be today, but the school fot closed cause the heating broke :biggrin:
Doing it on Thursday instead

Good luck to you too!
Reply 68
haha all the best! Im quite confident so hopefully its an easy NAB
Reply 69
Just sat My Unit 1 NAB! Multiple choice was good but my calculations were a mess :frown:
Reply 70
Woo! 25/30 on my Unit2 NAB :biggrin: So surprised!

That's me passed units 1 and 2 - Unit 3 NAB first week back in January
Reply 71
how are people practically finished the entire course already?!?! we've finished the half-unit, are halfway through unit 2 and are on the second topic of unit 3. We have also only just started our project work
Reply 72
Original post by dufc_gurj
how are people practically finished the entire course already?!?! we've finished the half-unit, are halfway through unit 2 and are on the second topic of unit 3. We have also only just started our project work

Don't worry, we didn't finish the course until like the end of April last year and I finished my investigation the morning it was getting picked up.
Reply 73
Original post by Braddd
Don't worry, we didn't finish the course until like the end of April last year and I finished my investigation the morning it was getting picked up.

aah thats ok then :smile: its astonishing how some schools can finish the course so quickly though
Reply 74
Hey guys im stuck on a question: 2004 paper MC Q(9)

Which of the following ions is LEAST likely to be coloured?

A)Ti(H2O)6 3+
B)Cr(NH3)6 3+
C)Ni(H2O)6 2+
D)Zn(NH3) 2+

anyone know how to go about tackling this question?
Original post by Babb_zz
Hey guys im stuck on a question: 2004 paper MC Q(9)

Which of the following ions is LEAST likely to be coloured?

A)Ti(H2O)6 3+
B)Cr(NH3)6 3+
C)Ni(H2O)6 2+
D)Zn(NH3) 2+

anyone know how to go about tackling this question?

Basically you just have to know that zinc doesn't act much like a transition metal, so it's D.
Reply 76
Guys also the 2011 paper question 2(a) how do we figure out the what line in the emission spectrum of hydrogen is red? Thanks for all the help much appreciated
Reply 77
Original post by derangedyoshi
Basically you just have to know that zinc doesn't act much like a transition metal, so it's D.

Cheers for the help, plus I'm on my phone n accidentally gave u a bad rep! Really sorry will give u a positive rep too!! :frown:
Original post by Babb_zz
Cheers for the help, plus I'm on my phone n accidentally gave u a bad rep! Really sorry will give u a positive rep too!! :frown:

No problem :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by john4994
Woo! 25/30 on my Unit2 NAB :biggrin: So surprised!

That's me passed units 1 and 2 - Unit 3 NAB first week back in January

Wow we havent even done the second nab yet and just started unit 3 today. What did they put on it and how hard was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending