The Student Room Group

A Level choices?

Hi, just wondering what you thought of my course combination for next year?:

AS Level French
AS Level Business studies
AS Level Psychology
AS Level English language and literature
GCSE Maths*

* I am doing maths GCSE again because my teacher won't teach us anything above grade C, and my college requires a grade B to do all the course i want to do in my third year (AS Level Maths, AS Level Economics and AS Level Economics), I have tried self teaching on various different maths sites, but it isnt going well.

(Please note) I dont know what career i want to do into, my choice varies from going in the RAF, to being a Business studies/Maths/French teacher. So i want to keep my choices fairly open.

Anyone done/or who are doing the courses listed above? What are they like? How challenging are they?

THANKYOU! :smile:
Reply 1
You'll definitely be at a disadvantage IF applying to top universities, if you are doing Business, Psychology and English Language.

I'd say definitely do English Literature, if you like it. Keep French. Choose between Business and Psychology, and then choose something different - like Philosophy, History, Geography, a Science etc.
Reply 2
Good combination of A levels, however as said before, i believe you will be at a slight disadvantage applying to top universities but, it is your descision and also the combination shows you do not lack creativity as well as hard working ethic, so overall a very good descision and sensible too.

Quick Reply

Latest