The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Morning guys :biggrin:

Feeling much less mopey/sorry for myself than I was yesterday, and have woken up full of energy after a good night's sleep, so I'm off for a run :smile:
Reply 41
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36259427']

Is trapeze fun? My pole dance teacher is organising a two hour taster aerial session in March, and I really like the idea of it.

Trapeze is amazing! :biggrin: You should definitely go to the taster session, although it might get you hooked and then there's just more money to spend on actual sessions!
Reply 42
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Ooh you have a pole lucky you! That's something I'd LOVE to do, but don't think anyone needs to see my body dancing round a pole at present ;-).

You could so do it! Where I go for classes its definitely not all stick thin supermodelly girls that do it (in fact we're all quite normal and come in all shapes and sizes). I'm roughly the same size as you at a 12-14 and no-one has ever so much as looked at me unless it's to make fun of the ridiculous faces I pull when I go round :redface:
On top of this you do not have to be half naked - a t-shirt and jogging bottoms are fine when you start out progressing to shorts as you start to do more difficult moves :smile:
Someone said I should post this here - it's a girls blog, she went from to fit using weight training, minimal cardio and a very wwell thought out diet while allowing herself cheat meals. (80% healthy 20% cheat roughly she said)

http://crissfit.tumblr.com/

It's all anecdotal evidence sure, but it is a good resource, she has good tips and has a question box where she answers a lot of peoples questions, plus it helps defend the knowledge that girls can lift weights without turning into a she hulk or losing their boobs! also pretty motivational when you compare her pics.!
Reply 44
Had a bowl of special k red berries with semi skimmed milk and an apple and now off to uni! Not too sure about lunch yet! :smile:
Original post by mikestraws
Someone said I should post this here - it's a girls blog, she went from to fit using weight training, minimal cardio and a very wwell thought out diet while allowing herself cheat meals. (80% healthy 20% cheat roughly she said)

It's all anecdotal evidence sure, but it is a good resource, she has good tips and has a question box where she answers a lot of peoples questions, plus it helps defend the knowledge that girls can lift weights without turning into a she hulk or losing their boobs! also pretty motivational when you compare her pics.!

Nice blog good to post it on here and hope it would encourage others to lift heavy weights too

Yep, if I spent as much time actually exercising as I spend posting on here I'd be a size zero by now! (not that I aim to be a size zero of course)

:rofl:

Original post by VampireDiaries
OMG. I hate eating! Can you guess already that I'm finding the very first day of my slow bulk phase tough? :frown:

It's so weird, when you're not aware of what you're having, you can easily hit 1900 calories or more, yet when you're trying to eat clean and very much aware of the calores, there's just not enough time to be eating alot. I made a mistake of having massive meals and was very much close to vomitting. Woke up too late for breakfast so completely my fault. It's going to be even harder tomorrow as doing some cardio, so have to eat my cardio calories on top of the 1900 calories. :eek:

Workout wise, it was great. I did this workout: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html I'm not aching so I don't know whether this is a bad thing or good thing. I did feel like I worked out whilst doing the sets and my heart rate was up, though didn't wear my heart rate monitor. Maybe i should during next work out just to see exactly how high it goes up.

I'm not sure if I should stick to this or do starting strength. I was initially going to do starting strength, but this is quite similar. Hmm.

They both seem almost the same to me so you should be able to get similar results with either of them. I think just basis it on which one you will definitely be able to stick to and on the equipment availability in the gym.

Going from weight loss to maintenance is hard as your body has gotten use to eating little amounts of food. Also 1900 calories seems very small (in fact I think this is your maintenance calories). You may have to increase it to at least 2200 calories (maybe even more to gain 0.5lbs per week) especially as you are going to the gym
Original post by mikestraws

Ooh that's brilliant thanks for posting it looks inspirational what she's managed to do!
Reply 47
YES that's the spirit! This is the thread I'll run outside again ha ha I only managed it once in the last thread, this thread I'm aiming for at least twice ;-).

Haha! I've only been 4 or 5 times...need to sort that out with this half marathon! :p: Theory being to lose the weight before Easter and start proper training when I don't have an extra stone to carry
The other trouble is that by the time I finish uni etc its too dark to go running, and I live in the middle of nowhere...my boyfriend would have a fit if he knew I was running those lanes at night :o: He's gonna teach me to run on the treadmill at the weekend (the treadmill terrifies me! swear Ill fall off the back of it :p:

Original post by Chrisateen
Well done on getting so close and I'm sure you will reach your goals in no time.

Thank you :biggrin: Its people like you and Angel K that have inspired me to keep going! I could have easily stopped and claimed I was happy with my body by now, but now I have the motivation to keep it up!

-----------------------

Mini milestone this morning....I got those size 12 jeans on :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't think I made enough of an effort in the changing rooms in New Look....took a bit of pulling and sqeezing but I got them on! Bit of muffin top but shouldn't be too long and they'll be fine!...may post a pic later :biggrin:

I never even remember being a size 12...as far as I know I literally went straight to a 14 at a young age....so its quite a big deal for me :p: I wish I had a better idea of how much I weighed....the only one I know was weighing about 11 stone at age 11/12, then ballooning to 16.5+ and size 18 by age 19

Also got a pair of Fat Face jeans on which are supposedly a 14, but are more like a 12...bought them this time last year and couldn't even get them past my thighs :rolleyes:

Gonna need a mega shopping spree by Easter! I need to get ebaying!
Original post by blahhh
Haha! I've only been 4 or 5 times...need to sort that out with this half marathon! :p: Theory being to lose the weight before Easter and start proper training when I don't have an extra stone to carry
The other trouble is that by the time I finish uni etc its too dark to go running, and I live in the middle of nowhere...my boyfriend would have a fit if he knew I was running those lanes at night :o: He's gonna teach me to run on the treadmill at the weekend (the treadmill terrifies me! swear Ill fall off the back of it :p:

Thank you :biggrin: Its people like you and Angel K that have inspired me to keep going! I could have easily stopped and claimed I was happy with my body by now, but now I have the motivation to keep it up!

-----------------------

Mini milestone this morning....I got those size 12 jeans on :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I don't think I made enough of an effort in the changing rooms in New Look....took a bit of pulling and sqeezing but I got them on! Bit of muffin top but shouldn't be too long and they'll be fine!...may post a pic later :biggrin:

I never even remember being a size 12...as far as I know I literally went straight to a 14 at a young age....so its quite a big deal for me :p: I wish I had a better idea of how much I weighed....the only one I know was weighing about 11 stone at age 11/12, then ballooning to 16.5+ and size 18 by age 19

Also got a pair of Fat Face jeans on which are supposedly a 14, but are more like a 12...bought them this time last year and couldn't even get them past my thighs :rolleyes:

I'm scared of treadmills too :biggrin: Me and running just DON'T get on at all! But going to have to make friends with it asap!

Well done on the jeans! Such a good achievement. Can you breathe?? It takes about a month between me saying something "fits" and me actually being able to wear it in public haha because they make me go purple :biggrin:.
Reply 49
I'm scared of treadmills too :biggrin: Me and running just DON'T get on at all! But going to have to make friends with it asap!

Well done on the jeans! Such a good achievement. Can you breathe?? It takes about a month between me saying something "fits" and me actually being able to wear it in public haha because they make me go purple :biggrin:.

Its not the running part, its the stopping the thing should I have a problem :p: And worrying an alarm will go off as I hit the emergency stop button :p:

I can breathe!!!! Its just the muffin top that needs to go! :smile:
I need to motivate myself to go to the gym today. I already had soup and a roll in town but that and a muffin for breakfast (bad I know!) isn't very filling and I don't want to faint at the gym. So I'll eat, tidy my room/watch the new PLL episode and then get ready to go. Hopefully my feet will stop being quite so painful by then...
Reply 51
Need help guys! Ive been good so far in my healthy eating! Today im going out to Nandos with my housemates, any advice on what I should eat which is remotely healthy lol bearing in mind im a vegetarian! :smile: Help needed!
Original post by pinksfun
Need help guys! Ive been good so far in my healthy eating! Today im going out to Nandos with my housemates, any advice on what I should eat which is remotely healthy lol bearing in mind im a vegetarian! :smile: Help needed!

The Nando's website has the nutrition for everything on the menu somewhere :smile: (I would post the link, but I'm on my phone - shouldn't be too hard to find though)
Reply 53
Original post by pinksfun

I believe they have the nutritional info on the menus, which is useful! - http://www.nandos.co.uk/themenu - looking at that menu it looks like, apart from the salad, the beanie or veggie pitta would be your best bet :smile:

--

Woop new thread! This is the thread I'll reach my goal weight in :biggrin:

Good few days - managed to "drag" myself to Body Pump yesterday evening and even went to a Body Balance class straight after and it was really fun! My body is aching EVERYWHERE today though, but it feels so good :tongue: Was my first go at Body Balance and will def be going back to both classes and try make it a regular thing - turns out I'm better at yoga-type stuff than I'd imagined/worried! Bit naughty this morning as popped into Waitrose after taking my dog to the vet this morning having not had any breakfast before and ended up have a bit of an almond croissant and some danish pastry. Ah well, will try be good for the rest of the day.
Reply 54
totally unrelated but I've ran out of shampoo :frown:
I guess its sort of related because now I can't wash my hair after exercising until I buy more..
Breakfast: hula hoops :unsure:
(I've been waking up feeling really nauseous in the mornings - and no, before anyone says, I'm not pregnant haha) it's mainly to do with waking up with a lot of stuff on my mind, and it gives me really bad butterflies (not the nice kind!) to the extent where I lose my appetite because I feel so sick.

Dinner: egg sandwich with lettuce and cucumber
Tea: will have some chips with some leftover curry sauce and two spring rolls. Not the best thing, I know, but I want to use it up.

Exercise: walked to and from uni, and will finally get back into doing 30DS again later :biggrin:
Reply 56
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36266745']The Nando's website has the nutrition for everything on the menu somewhere :smile: (I would post the link, but I'm on my phone - shouldn't be too hard to find though)

Thanks, I had a look at the menu and looks like I will be having the veggie pitta with a bowl of salad :smile:
Reply 57
Woooo, thread number 2!! How exciting!! :biggrin:
Just sat down to proof read my discussion section of dissertation, and found chocolates that boyfriend has got me for valentines day.. I think he'd be very cross with me if I ate them now :P.
Original post by blahhh

Well done on getting into a 12. Size 12 is always a huge milestone as I think fitting into a size 12 represents being slim (well in most cases-)

Latest