The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, i'm a size 6 in h&m, and the bras annoy me a lot! most of the bras they only do up to a C cup, and the only D cup ones are plain in comparison. And they only do the standard 34-38 backs too. grr where's the 32s???

CT: Check the official H&M size guide
(edited 5 years ago)
Bubbles*de*Milo
Shut it you. :mad:
I. Am. Not. A. Size. 16. Seriously, I'd rather die... :frown:

+1

H&M sizes are a pain, i'm anything from an XS to a 12 in there. I tried on a few pairs of size 10 jeans the other day - some were mahoosive and some waaay too tight. River Islands sizes seem to be weird too - I always have to get a size smaller in there than usual for jeans and skirts etc, but I usually have to get a size bigger for tops.
Reply 42
crazyunicorn133
Yeah, i'm a size 6 in h&m, and the bras annoy me a lot! most of the bras they only do up to a C cup, and the only D cup ones are plain in comparison. And they only do the standard 34-38 backs too. grr where's the 32s???

they do sell 32 back bras in h&m, dunno if you meant in D cup though, i only look for the A cups :redface:
Reply 43
yeh my friend who is 5"1 and skinny as anything had to buy a size 14 hoody from H&M! i actually thought it was meant to be from the kids section and was age 14 when she told me but it was proper adult clothing.

I think it's really wierd, once i managed to get into a size 8 pair of jeans in their changing rooms and the next time i looked for jeans there it was size 12 i needed and i hadnt put on any weight
Reply 44
Almost anything in high street shops is in fact a ******** size.
I can fit into mens jeans that are billed as a 28 waist, yet i've measured my waist and its 30-32 inches.
Only with designer togs do you really get any accuracy. I've no fear with buying sizes that are apparantly "too big". If it fits, it fits, and who cares if an XL t shirt fits like a glove, as long as when you look in the mirror you dont look terrible, who cares.
Reply 45
For me, the pricing seems to be a problem! Its increasing just like Primark!
£20 for a plain hoodie... come on now!
Reply 46
Once I tried on some jeans 4 or 5 sizes bigger than me from H&M, and they still didn't fit, yet the top I tried on 3 sizes smaller was a great fit. This is why H&M sucks and I never shop there.
Reply 47
This is a bit late! But I was in H&M today and I was trying on clothes... I am usually a size 12, but the stuff that fit me was a size 16. I later went on to the H&M page size guide, and they stated that size 14 and 16 is categorised as medium - when it's usually sizes 10 and 12 that are considered medium, the latter two sizes being considering large in normal clothing ranges. It is very, very confusing!
The sizing is very weird.

Sometimes MUCH smaller than other shops, sometimes ok, sometimes bigger
I have the exact same problem. I'm usually a size 8-10 depending on the shop and I felt that some of the size 10 stock in h&m (shorts, tight fitting tops) are far too tight. :frown: However, I recently bought a small cardigan and medium dress that fit really well! :smile: Their sizes are weird! :s-smilie:
The AMOUNT of jumpers I have from H&M which magically spout holes within 2 washes is a joke.

And yes, their sizing is a bit off.
I'm normally a size 6-8, but I ended up buying a size 10 hoodie in there the other day. If made me feel fat :frown:
Reply 52
It certainly is.
Reply 53
Actually, they have improved so much recently.

I have purchased quite a bit of clothing from them in the past few months and the sizing has been consistent.
Reply 54
This is why you check their size guides and measure yourself properly, so you know what size you are in each shop based on your measurements. Seriously, if everyone did this shopping would (on the whole) be a lot easier. Obviously there's occasions you may want something a little tighter or more oversized but still...

I'm a 16 everywhere but I usually buy 18 or 18-20 in H&M - no qualms about what size it is so long as it fits. Their lack of length on 99.999999% of jeans and dresses bugs me though, seriously please make stuff for us tall folk!
Reply 55
I have this problem too! I'm a size 10 and I had to buy 14 dresses the other day, :cry:
I'm normally a 10/12, but my H&M hoodie is a 14, and only just fits. I also bought a tshirt there in a 14, just guessing that it would be the same story, but it was massive, so I really don't know.
Reply 57
I was thinking of ordering a skirt online from H&M. However they only have two sizes left: size 12 (my normal size) or size 16 - a size I have had to buy from H&M before. Which one should I go for?!
Reply 58
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
I'm normally a 10/12, but my H&M hoodie is a 14, and only just fits. I also bought a tshirt there in a 14, just guessing that it would be the same story, but it was massive, so I really don't know.

I find that I have to go a size down with t-shirts or shirts/cardigans/blouses with any stretch to them. It's really weird considering how I usually have to size up. H&M is a little sporadic about their sizing...
I find it fairly consistent tbh.
As for quality, I've never had any problems. Then again, it's probably because I don't wear my items very often so they seem to last forever. Really, I have enough clothes in my wardrobe to not have to re-wear anything for an entire semester (Prob explains why i'm broke too)!

Latest

Trending

Trending